Sewerage v Stevenage | Page 4 | Vital Football

Sewerage v Stevenage

712 down on a comparable fixture, I rest my case.

You really should look at the attendance figures in graphic form on this website.

If you take out the cup games you will see that our average is around the 10k mark and is pretty consistent.

The teams that bring large followings to the DW push us above that average and those that bring small followings take us under, it is the consistency of the home following that maintains the average, and that is very even.

As I have said the 712 down that you are so pleased to make note of were due more to the lack of fans travelling from Wycombe than Wigan fans not turning out due to the "shite" being played.

As a matter of fact there were four ST holders that sit next to me that didn't attend due to the weather who decided to stay home and watch on Latics TV and pay an extra £10 for the privilege.

Why would they want to pay an extra £10 if they were staying away due to the style of football being dished out.

Edit:

Also without wanting to burst your bubble, our average attendance so far this season is up on the attendances for the last time we were in league 1

We have really struggled this year against long ball battling sides. We've often been bullied and completely out muscled and out fought. Stevenage are the best in the division at that type of football so I'm expecting them to give us a tough test. Stevenage have lesser quality of player to many sides in L1 but their game is to out fight and out work everyone - we'll probably need to show a lot more intensity and urgency than we have over the last few games if we are going to try and impose our style on them rather than allowing ourselves to be dragged into the type of game that suits them.

We could really do with Goode's height if he's fit and Shaw coming into the side to give us more even more height to defend set plays and long balls. I think we're always a better side when Shaw is on and it's very frustrating he keeps getting dropped while Adeeko is really struggling but retains his place.
Could not agree more re. the point about Shaw. He’s also much better on the ball than Adeeko

Could not agree more re. the point about Shaw. He’s also much better on the ball than Adeeko

The thing for me is that SM seems to be utilising our own players ahead of loan players were possible, and I realise that doesn't apply to Lang and Godo. However I would say that Lang has been given the opportunity to play in a different position on many occasions and it simply hasn't worked out.

Adeeko is a young player still developing, but will be here next season whereas it is doubtful that Shaw will. We have seen in the past that managers have been criticised for not playing home grown players whilst giving opportunity for loan players to develop at our expense.

Remember Gelhardt!!

I personally like Adeeko, his commitment can't be faulted, whilst his technique is still a work in progress. He will make mistakes but his game can only improve if given the opportunity to play regularly, and I for one favour our own player being developed ahead of another club using us to make their player better.

You really should look at the attendance figures in graphic form on this website.

If you take out the cup games you will see that our average is around the 10k mark and is pretty consistent.

The teams that bring large followings to the DW push us above that average and those that bring small followings take us under, it is the consistency of the home following that maintains the average, and that is very even.

As I have said the 712 down that you are so pleased to make note of were due more to the lack of fans travelling from Wycombe than Wigan fans not turning out due to the "shite" being played.

As a matter of fact there were four ST holders that sit next to me that didn't attend due to the weather who decided to stay home and watch on Latics TV and pay an extra £10 for the privilege.

Why would they want to pay an extra £10 if they were staying away due to the style of football being dished out.

Edit:

Also without wanting to burst your bubble, our average attendance so far this season is up on the attendances for the last time we were in league 1
I decided not to attend on Tuesday mainly due to the weather. I'm glad I came to that decision. A woman posted on Facebook the following day that the M6 was horrendous, she was stuck in traffic & didn't get to the game until the 2nd half. I've no doubt I'd have been in a similar situation.

The thing for me is that SM seems to be utilising our own players ahead of loan players were possible, and I realise that doesn't apply to Lang and Godo. However I would say that Lang has been given the opportunity to play in a different position on many occasions and it simply hasn't worked out.

Adeeko is a young player still developing, but will be here next season whereas it is doubtful that Shaw will. We have seen in the past that managers have been criticised for not playing home grown players whilst giving opportunity for loan players to develop at our expense.

Remember Gelhardt!!

I personally like Adeeko, his commitment can't be faulted, whilst his technique is still a work in progress. He will make mistakes but his game can only improve if given the opportunity to play regularly, and I for one favour our own player being developed ahead of another club using us to make their player better.
No problem with that but I want us to play our strongest team until we are safe. Then you can give more game time to the youngsters

Goode must be injured and Kerr is in there for experience with their two big lumps up top. Big role for Matt Smith today in making sure we keep the ball but I hope Jones and Clare have a proper go down the wings. Let’s hope Jones improves his delivery and Magennis finally shows us something! We live in hope!

Jonny, I think we all admit that the football we are playing is not easy on the eye, but surely no one can deny it is effective.

A quick look at the stats tell you just how effective it is:

1. There are currently only 7 teams in the division who have scored more than us.

2. There are only 6 teams who have conceded less.

3. There are 8 teams with a better GD and have won more games than us.

and finally we are currently in 11th position in the league regardless of the fact that we started the season 8 points adrift of almost every other team.

As I said, the style of play may not be pretty to watch but it is doing the job that the owner, and most of the posters on this board, wanted before the season started.
but thats it tb. i dont think we all 'admit' it. a lot of em 'excuse' it.

This is looney football from Latics there intent on committing suicide at the back its rubbish

No doubt about it, the ref shit himself when we scored that third. He'd already a minute and a half over the extra five, and he was hoping the corner would come to nowt. Blew up straight afterwards. Crap.

Interesting little promo at the start:

Diversity. Inclusivity. Respect. Equality.

Seems our Comms team have a sense of humour. 😂

No doubt about it, the ref shit himself when we scored that third. He'd already a minute and a half over the extra five, and he was hoping the corner would come to nowt. Blew up straight afterwards. Crap.

Interesting little promo at the start:

Diversity. Inclusivity. Respect. Equality.

Seems our Comms team have a sense of humour. 😂
You are wrong about time added, tickle was down for treatment for his bloody nose after the 45 mins and there was already 5 mins up while he was being treated. That goal being disallowed was wrong there was no pushing it just hit Hughes knee or thigh and deflected in.

They were bigger, faster, stronger and tactically set up better with them all knowing what to do. They do a number on you and it worked. Our back 2 rarely won a header and they should have scored more.
Disagree, They were a set of thugs set up like a typical 'Blobby' team and capitalised on a referee so weak that eventually when decisions started to be queried he started to dish out the cards to us. Disgrace.