Sewerage v Stevenage | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sewerage v Stevenage

Going off Evans past record, they'll use every trick in the book to pressurise and con the referee. They'll get the ball forward quick and rely heavily on the dark arts.

The ball will be coming at us time after time unless we can stick hold of it for decent amounts of time

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240126-094606.png
    Screenshot_20240126-094606.png
    299.4 KB · Views: 12
The fixture should see a complete contrast in styles. Perhaps the thread title should be pass it backwards vs gerrit forward. I was going to suggest Morrison returns but I think the older head of Goode will help in dealing with their in our face tactics.

The return fixture was a pretty dour fixture. The highlight was one of if not the worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen that made it memorable. Perhaps another shocker would liven up the spectacle. Maybe the kiss of death but I think we’ll see a more entertaining game than we have in the last two.

A team who had a minus 8 start that is now 11th. Under the circumstances, not bad for a shit team.
Come on pal even you're not that daft, I never said a shit team I've always said we have a good squad, we may be 11th in the league and picking up lucky points by scraping wins (and the odd good performance thrown in) but the brand of football on offer is shit, its how we set up and Tinkerbells tactics that are shit.

Put someone like Tony Mowbray in charge for a month and you would see what a positive thinking manager would do for the squad.

These were your exact words Frankie - "we're fuckin shit!" In my eyes, that means you're referring to our team as shit.
And I stand by that, we are shit.
Just papering over the cracks with scrawpy wins, this squad of players should be blowing most teams away in this league, we never will with Maloneys tactics.

We have really struggled this year against long ball battling sides. We've often been bullied and completely out muscled and out fought. Stevenage are the best in the division at that type of football so I'm expecting them to give us a tough test. Stevenage have lesser quality of player to many sides in L1 but their game is to out fight and out work everyone - we'll probably need to show a lot more intensity and urgency than we have over the last few games if we are going to try and impose our style on them rather than allowing ourselves to be dragged into the type of game that suits them.

We could really do with Goode's height if he's fit and Shaw coming into the side to give us more even more height to defend set plays and long balls. I think we're always a better side when Shaw is on and it's very frustrating he keeps getting dropped while Adeeko is really struggling but retains his place.

We have really struggled this year against long ball battling sides. We've often been bullied and completely out muscled and out fought. Stevenage are the best in the division at that type of football so I'm expecting them to give us a tough test. Stevenage have lesser quality of player to many sides in L1 but their game is to out fight and out work everyone - we'll probably need to show a lot more intensity and urgency than we have over the last few games if we are going to try and impose our style on them rather than allowing ourselves to be dragged into the type of game that suits them.

We could really do with Goode's height if he's fit and Shaw coming into the side to give us more even more height to defend set plays and long balls. I think we're always a better side when Shaw is on and it's very frustrating he keeps getting dropped while Adeeko is really struggling but retains his place.
Good to see you posting again Kingy,
i for one have missed your match reports and players ratings.

Stevenage made a profit last financial year.
£13,000
Shows what you can do on frees, bowman's and kids.

Apparently the average annual loss in Div 1 is £1m - £800k.
I know this is not an average. I am just quoting what was reported.

Come on pal even you're not that daft, I never said a shit team I've always said we have a good squad, we may be 11th in the league and picking up lucky points by scraping wins (and the odd good performance thrown in) but the brand of football on offer is shit, its how we set up and Tinkerbells tactics that are shit.

Put someone like Tony Mowbray in charge for a month and you would see what a positive thinking manager would do for the squad.

We cant afford Mowbray. Aint got a pot to piss in. Wake up!

Stevenage made a profit last financial year.
£13,000
Shows what you can do on frees, bowman's and kids.

Apparently the average annual loss in Div 1 is £1m - £800k.
I know this is not an average. I am just quoting what was reported.
The difference they don’t have 25 k stadium to look after. That’s why we will never make a profit.

Morrison as so far this season been one of out better performers. Looks like he’s the one to miss out now. If the Brentford loan stays fit.

Why the hell are we talking about Mowbray? The chances of him coming to Latics are between nil and f all. You might as well say next year under Klopp we will smash the league. Apart from which Mowbray has done bugger all where ever he has been apart from look like he has just come back from a funeral every time he is interviewed. Longest stint at Blackburn. 5 years 1 relegation, 11th and 15th in the championship. Admittedly one promotion from league one, which, like us, is we're Blackburn belong.

As I have said a number of times Maloney is doing a bloody good job in picking up the points we need to stay up under difficult circumstances. You can't expect caviar football for the price of a portion of fish and chips. He is "bedding in" as a manager and hopefully will grow with the club if some of us just get off his back.