Sewerage v Stevenage | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sewerage v Stevenage

A pleasure to have Kingy posting again, I have missed his after game analysis's.
As for the football I am all for building a team with a tight defence, that is the foundation on which we will rebuild. Operation rebuild is on track. I am expecting us to show our better part today with a positive result.

I was talking hypothetically, and we have got a pot but Danson won't piss in it, lets see if he shows his true colours once the embargo is lifted.
He’s shown his true colours by saving us from going under - not sure how long you have been watching Latics but you really need to get in the real world - why are you constantly slagging off Maloney, Danson and the players ?

I agree with Frank to a certain extent on this, Maloney is getting the results, but how he is getting them is fucking awful.

Whether this changes if we acquire safety and with better players next season remains to be seen, but playing how we do at the moment can't continue.

Something must be wrong when we are climbing the league, gaining points at a reasonable rate but attendances are falling.

I agree with Frank to a certain extent on this, Maloney is getting the results, but how he is getting them is fucking awful.

Whether this changes if we acquire safety and with better players next season remains to be seen, but playing how we do at the moment can't continue.

Something must be wrong when we are climbing the league, gaining points at a reasonable rate but attendances are falling.

Jonny, I think we all admit that the football we are playing is not easy on the eye, but surely no one can deny it is effective.

A quick look at the stats tell you just how effective it is:

1. There are currently only 7 teams in the division who have scored more than us.

2. There are only 6 teams who have conceded less.

3. There are 8 teams with a better GD and have won more games than us.

and finally we are currently in 11th position in the league regardless of the fact that we started the season 8 points adrift of almost every other team.

As I said, the style of play may not be pretty to watch but it is doing the job that the owner, and most of the posters on this board, wanted before the season started.

Jonny, I think we all admit that the football we are playing is not easy on the eye, but surely no one can deny it is effective.

A quick look at the stats tell you just how effective it is:

1. There are currently only 7 teams in the division who have scored more than us.

2. There are only 6 teams who have conceded less.

3. There are 8 teams with a better GD and have won more games than us.

and finally we are currently in 11th position in the league regardless of the fact that we started the season 8 points adrift of almost every other team.

As I said, the style of play may not be pretty to watch but it is doing the job that the owner, and most of the posters on this board, wanted before the season started.
You forgot to mention the 10 games we've lost playing that way.

Ignoring the holiday period games, last Saturday against Reading was our best attendance since the end of October.
But over a thousand down on the August / September attendances.
The Wycombe game was three thousand down on the Barnsley game.
It wasn't the wind that blew the fans away from the ground its the shite on the pitch.

You two are taking blind faith to the extremes now, I'd say 10 out of the 12 we've won have been just as shit as the games we've lost.

Read my post again Frank, I have said the football has not been easy on the eye but it has been effective and the stats, however much you disagree, show that.

Take the blinkers off and look at the table.

You two are taking blind faith to the extremes now, I'd say 10 out of the 12 we've won have been just as shit as the games we've lost.
Come on Frank. You want to focus purely on the bad stuff, and conclude that Maloney's shite. I think me and TB fully acknowledge all of that bad stuff, but also allow ourselves to see the good stuff too, plus the context of our situation, which makes us far more forgiving (for the time being at least) toward the manager.

That's all ... no blind faith.

It wasn't the wind that blew the fans away from the ground its the shite on the pitch.

You may of course be right, but I still reckon the weather played a big part on Tuesday.

Also, comparing a January Tuesday night to an August Saturday afternoon is hardly a direct comparison.

How many fans did Wycombe bring Jonny, compare that to the fans Barnsley brought and you might see that the home crowd figures are holding up.

The comparison you are making is also unrealistic as the Barnsley game was an early season Saturday fixture in decent weather whilst the Wycombe game was on a very windy Tuesday evening in a harsh winter. A more realistic comparison would be against Charlton, a team that travelled a similar distance on the same mid week night. The difference then was only 712, which could easily be put down to the weather conditions.