Serge Aurier | Page 3 | Vital Football

Serge Aurier

ScottDaYid - 29/8/2017 11:16

Apparently work permit will not be sorted in time and he wont sign. Typical lol

If this doesnt go through you have to ask questions why we have wasted a whole summer chasing people with legal issues and injuries keep them out for months.

Seems obvious he doesn't want to come here so why waste a whole summer on
him?

Should have gone all out for Cedric.

I'm sure Levy goes for deals like this just so he can say 'we went all out for him' even though we had little chance of it happening.

Taricco the yid - 29/8/2017 12:03

ScottDaYid - 29/8/2017 11:16

Apparently work permit will not be sorted in time and he wont sign. Typical lol

If this doesnt go through you have to ask questions why we have wasted a whole summer chasing people with legal issues and injuries keep them out for months.

Fair points that none can argue with. If PSG weren't desperate to sell him, the player had no legal problems and his entire team didn't hate him I think he'd easily be in the £40m bracket and we would not be trying to sign him.

I don't really see the appeal in Aurier. He's quick and strong but dumb, sloppy and inconsistent. He may remind people of Walker, but he isn't anywhere close.

in my Fifa 17 career Walker asked to leave and moved and I signed Aurier as his replacement and he ended up being a better player. Hopefully our scouts aren't just running a similar simulation

ScottDaYid - 29/8/2017 13:07

I'm sure Levy goes for deals like this just so he can say 'we went all out for him' even though we had little chance of it happening.

Not even joking but there's been a couple of times where I've thought this has happened. Bids that are more of a PR exercise. I think it was one window where we put in a few last minute bids for strikers that never had a chance of coming off, I think one was Diego Milito.

I think Aurier is a good player, better than Walker even. But I find it strange that PSG are willing to let him go considering Dani Alves' age. Which makes me think it's a personality problem. I can just see it ending in tears adding a player with a poor attitude to the squad. Or maybe a nutter is exactly what this squad of weak mentalities needs... But this is Spurs so most likely eventually there'll be a bust up with the manager and we'll sell at a loss to a Turkish club and he'll be another case of wasted potential.

gus poyet - 29/8/2017 23:51

ScottDaYid - 29/8/2017 13:07

Not even joking but there's been a couple of times where I've thought this has happened. Bids that are more of a PA exercise. I think it was one window where we put in a few last minute bids for strikers that never had a chance of coming off, I think one was Diego Milito.

I think Aurier is a good player, better than Walker even. But I find it strange that PSG are willing to let him go considering Dani Alves' age. Which makes me think it's a personality problem. I can just see it ending in tears adding a player with a poor attitude to the squad. Or maybe a nutter is exactly what this squad of weak mentalities needs... But this is Spurs so most likely eventually there'll be a bust up with the manager and we'll sell at a loss to a Turkish club and he'll be another case of wasted potential.

Completely agree. While I think Levy will eventually build a winner through monster revenues I also think he has been playing the masses like a violin. With a couple of broken strings here and there. Except Chiv. Who was never quite mended. :39: And he may still be proven correct.

gus, long time no see! I remember the last day bid for Aguero as well, £40m apparently when £40m was a big bid.

Well today we find out whether Aurier is a no go or not, be very surprised if it happens.

ScottDaYid - 30/8/2017 09:32

gus, long time no see! I remember the last day bid for Aguero as well, £40m apparently when £40m was a big bid.

Well today we find out whether Aurier is a no go or not, be very surprised if it happens.

That bid for Aguero was 100% a PR exercise. I think all Spurs fans saw through that one.

Next couple of hours I reckon it will be official, if it's not I will worry Chelsea or Utd will go for him now he's been granted a work permit.

£23m is peanuts in today's market.

He is that price for a reason, he is scum. Who knows Poch may be able help him control some of his issues.

Big risk this deal. Only takes one bad apple to ruin a squad. Should have gone for somebody else. Pereira, Cedric, Toljan type full backs/wing backs.

Well, I can't say i'll be rushing out to buy a shirt with his name on, assuming it goes through.

ScottDaYid - 30/8/2017 12:52

Next couple of hours I reckon it will be official, if it's not I will worry Chelsea or Utd will go for him now he's been granted a work permit.

£23m is peanuts in today's market.

LOL, that would be just our luck, get all the work done and the permit sorted all for utd to swoop in.

The worst thing about this signing is the inevitable smugness of Goon fans sharing the photos of Aurier in an Arsenal shirt and telling us that he is an Arsenal fan.

I'm am going to put a bet on him being our most red-carded player at the end of the season if he does sign.

Talking of phantom bids I see the press are saying we have submitted a £25 million bid for Gray at Leicester and apparently our fans are gutted at this.

I think it is funny on 2 levels, the first being that of course Leicester are going to sell one of their major players 2 days before the window closes and the second being that Spurs fans do not rate Gray. If true I don't think they have seen him play.