Serge Aurier | Vital Football

Serge Aurier

Matic

Alert Team
Thoughts on this guy? Is he the bad egg many claim him to be? Is he good competition for Trippier? Can he cross?

My initial thoughts are that I think Cancelo would be a better option.

Matic - 22/8/2017 10:35

Thoughts on this guy? Is he the bad egg many claim him to be? Is he good competition for Trippier? Can he cross?

My initial thoughts are that I think Cancelo would be a better option.

I think it will be a magnificent coup to get him, he's a top class player.

ScottDaYid - 22/8/2017 10:52

He's very good, upgrade on Trippier so I'm all for it.

Would love to know how the hell they're going to get him a work permit/entry visa anytime soon though..

Poor positioning, poor discipline, poor consistency and piss poor attitude.

Real Deal - 22/8/2017 12:37

He isn't a wing back. Either a RB or RCB in a back 3. Are we preparing for the sale of Toby?

that's odd, to me he looks more wing backy as he surges forward than he does a RB or even a RCB ?

That said, I'll believe this deal when it happens, before his stupid name-calling periscope stunt he was rated in the top 10 in Europe, he clearly isn't the brightest/most disciplined as his run in with the police high lighted - but he looks gifted to me.

Report: Tottenham close in on top-flight powerhouse as Levy springs into action (not Barkley)
Facebook

22nd August, 2017, 11:38 AM

By Harry Sykes

Tottenham are very close to an agreement for the transfer of Paris Saint Germain’s right-back Serge Aurier, according to a report.

French newspaper L’Equipe have reported that the clubs are almost there and claimed the deal would be for around £23million.

L’Equipe had previous reported that personal terms with the player had been almost achieved – agreement was at 95% – and that when this was completed, Daniel Levy would begin negotiations over a fee.

That looks to have gone smoothly, with a move benefiting both sides.

Aurier is surplus to requirements after Dani Alves joined PSG and Tottenham are looking to strengthen the right-back position after losing Kyle Walker.

Tottenham fans will be pleased to see Daniel Levy has finally sprung into action this summer after completing a deal for Davinson Sanchez last week.

Aurier, a right-back powerhouse, made 81 appearances for PSG, scoring five goals and adding 15 assists, and the player has 39 caps for the Ivory Coast.

There’s no doubting his talent, but unfortunately for Aurier off-the-field activity has at times overshadowed his time on the pitch.

The Sun have documented these, including a social media Q&A that involved him criticising his manager and teammates at PSG.

He suffered a suspension for this but then made more headlines when he was jailed last summer for allegedly attacking a policeman.

He is appealing this but spent a night in the cells and was refused a visa when PSG played Arsenal in the Champions League.

Tottenham fans will be hoping that if the deal goes through it will be his talents on the pitch that make all the headlines in England.

Football Insider verdict:

Manager Mauricio Pochettino will be getting a gifted right-back if this deal goes through. He might come with baggage but a couple of incidents can be left in the past and Aurier can shine in north London.

Poch said that Kyle Walker-Peters wasn’t ready for the Premier League, despite starting him in the opening game of the season. Walker-Peters did okay there, but Aurier is a real upgrade and, along with Kieran Tripper, it means Poch will have two genuinely thrilling players to choose from in that position.

For a team that let in the fewest goals in the Premier League last season it might seem odd that Poch has only strengthened his defence this summer, but both offer upgrades and Aurier fills the hole that Kyle Walker left when he moved to Manchester City.

Tottenham want to turn Wembley Stadium into a fortress this season and Aurier could be the player that helps them do just that – as well as adding his own powerful runs to the mighty Tottenham attack.

Spursex - 22/8/2017 12:50

Real Deal - 22/8/2017 12:37

He isn't a wing back. Either a RB or RCB in a back 3. Are we preparing for the sale of Toby?

that's odd, to me he looks more wing backy as he surges forward than he does a RB or even a RCB ?

That said, I'll believe this deal when it happens, before his stupid name-calling periscope stunt he was rated in the top 10 in Europe, he clearly isn't the brightest/most disciplined as his run in with the police high lighted - but he looks gifted to me.

He is athletic, has pace and power, but from what I have seen he isn't the best at crossing or making the right pass when it matters.

Would be interesting seeing him team up with Sanchez though....

Well we've been used to a RWB who can't cross for a good few years so he wouldn't be out of place. Something about this guy makes me nervous. I totally agree with his assessments of Di Maria and Blanc but that whole thing was ridiculous. Footballers shouldn't be interviewed like that, it only ends in trouble *ahem* :54:

It seems that the ideal of getting him is being well-received..

http://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-fans-react-39-time-international-reportedy-close-spurs-move/

I'm seeing such a split in opinion with him. The quality is undeniable but his character puts a lot of people right off him. Are we lumping ourselves with another Adebayor?

Seems he has agreed personal terms with Juve.

Looks like our top targets are going elsewhere. Sound familiar?

Real Deal - 25/8/2017 12:51

Seems he has agreed personal terms with Juve.

Looks like our top targets are going elsewhere. Sound familiar?

Hahahahahahaahahahahahaha

Could not make it up