Season | Page 3 | Vital Football

Season

It doesnt make me feel overly optimistic using the same players yet again but maybe Hugs will be better this season being hopefully wiser and stronger but he isnt a big total goal scorer and Pukki and Sargeant and Idah none of them are likely to hit 20 goals in a season and they miss a fair few. We need a Salah type who can pounce and hit the target consistently. Two weeks to go and I wonder if the River End and Barclay roof fascias are hoping for more shots on target and not moon hunting

I see they have reissued the squad numbers with melou, Zimmermann and tzolis leaving.

Have they ditched the hope for a new attacking midfielder as idah is now number 11 which was vacant.

Omobamidele was 44 but is now number 4
Gibson now number 6
McCallum is now 15
Rowe now 27

The squad still looks thin and lacking in quality even though there are 27 of them

I see we will.be able to watch the games via canaries tv but when I click on the link it's only the audio pass. I guess the tv pass will come later or if not we can buy games on the day.

Chris Sutton has major concerns about our attack. Basically said it no different from the crappy weak attack from last season and in preseason has looked poor

I agree SC, not at all bothered about the first game, a big yawn, and, looking forward, the season feels like its going to be a real pathetic drag. I'm expecting an embarrassing easy win for Cardiff, at the best a lucky last minute draw. Preseason was poor, its basically the same team who cant score yet again in 180 minutes of similiar or lower class opposition, so for another season we suffer. Also I think we're going to get hammered a few more times than normal. The new imports havent been on the field yet so they're games away from match fit. All in all uninspiring, as is the economic model we have, that has now been proven to just be a holding pattern methodology without purpose other than City not to go under and other choice reasons already mentioned on here over the last few years

So Watford and Burnley won their opening games.

I hope we break this poor run (going back to last season) on Saturday. If we can't beat Wigan at home, if we can't get more than a shot on target, if we can't show we can play football....then I'm done

Same here Bears.

I am not looking forward to watching a game at 12.30 on Saturday although it will be good to meet up with YB in pub at 10.00 ?
Even if we scrape a win and it is still the same Smith boring football with
Mc crap and Bilko starting I will be close to despair.

The more Smith talks the more I lose faith in him.

He said at the end if the season and again during preseason that top of the list is a creative attacking midfielder to help us in the final third. He said we lacked that last season and need to get that sorted.

He is now saying we will just have to find some way to feed pukki (Not hugill, idah or shitgent). He says that he is not worried about our attacking options and we will improve.....

He is saying that whilst having the same crap up top from last season that he was only saying a few weeks weren't up to scratch and needed improving.

It's like me bitching to my partner that the car needs new wheels as the current ones are flat, worn out and not going to get us anywhere then a few weeks later saying right let's go on a long road trip with the car even though I've not changed the tires.

Is it me or is this just ridiculous?

Smith has had 10 months (I think) to find a solution and has come up with nothing.

Here's what he said....

'We’ve got a player (Pukki) that’s scored 55 goals in this league the last two times he’s been in it. We just have to find a way to feed him but he’s getting back to full fitness now.

He pulled up with a calf issue but we were told that it’s just cramp. He needed the minutes and he’s one of those internationals that’s played a lot of games in the summer and only had a short period back with us. We will certainly get better – we all know that.

Oh and another one from Smith.

At the start of the preseason and even up to the Celtic game it was 'we have a massive squad and we can't have that' he now says 'its not a big squad so when we lose a couple of players it's tough.'