Season | Page 2 | Vital Football

Season

No I’m not . what is there to get excited about
So it's not a lot launch tomorrow? The post they put out today has a hidden message.

It reads as 'Not Just Another Kit Launch' but if you look at The image the 'Just nother' are darkened out (spelling out just not her haha not dekia please) and the light bits read as 'Not A Kit Launch'

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it does look like that. What do you guys think? Doesn't the new kit normally get shown at the Norfolk show?

Also wouldn't put it past the club to keep sane kit as last season for cost saving.

If it's not a lot launch what is it? A new player, keeping the same kit as last season for cost reason, the American coming in?Screenshot_20220627-230424_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Spipswich have now employees 4 of our staff in last few weeks

Dean Wright (academy manager)
Stuart Cox (head of venue)
Dean Sharp (facilities manager)
Lynette Hannant (chairman/CEO's PA).

Some big roles lost there 😀.

So as is with Sara what would your starting 11 be? Including Sara and Hayden who both injured at the mo.

So Hayden has had to have a knee operation and will miss the start of the season (first few weeks). It's the same knee that kept him out of most of last season. He has one session with us and it flared up.....this guy coukd be the new Jarvis.

Byram, Dowell, melou and Gunn have all picked up injuries.

Dowell has had to have hernia operation but should be okay for start of the season

Byram and gunn both jarred their knees.

Melou rolled his ankle.

Pukki picked up.an injury by the looks of it tonight too. He received a hard tackle and hobbled off.

Idah will play for the u23s in a friendly against MK Dons. Smith said idah has been training with 1st team for last few days but will not travel with team to France and instead will stay with u23s. Smith also confirms some others will stay behind and will not be part of the squad. Probably Martin, Mumba (if not already gone..says alot that byram is injured and Smith doesn't play him) and the other fringe players like Omotoye, Dicksen-peters, Mair.

Injuries already starting.

Not great about Hayden.

Last edited:
New away kit will.be worn on Saturday.

If the advert is anything to go by then it will.be chocolate colour...or brown 😁.

We have a good looking winger threat this season (for championship)

Hernandez
Cantwell
Rashica
Tzolis
Springett
Sinani
Rowe

shame we only have one , maybe two decent strikers
I do wonder if Smith might look to loan out one of either Rowe or springett. Strange they both played in u23 game and didn't travel. Yet Smith said after recent game that the Marseille game will be 1st big test for the players to get ready for season.

I can see one if them going along with another of the wingers.

We know he likes to play sargent on the wing too.

Just done the August threads on Prediction and boy are the games coming fast with not much time between - scary when we have a habit of getting injuries early on. Looks like it will be a tougher than normal season

Is it me or does anyone else find the massive optimism around hugill strange?

Fans on Facebook and other socials going on about how great it is we have hugill, how he'll be a massive player for us and how he is what we missed last season?

Three seasons ago (I'm counting back including this as a season) he was okay but not exactly a game changer. Last season he didn't set the championship alight. He is older.

Last season and the previous in the championship season....

69 games
8 goals

I like him but I'm not expecting him to be our secret weapon.

It's like idah every season people get excited and say it's his season.

In 46 league games he has scored 4 goals.

Fans on Facebook and other socials going on about how great it is we have hugill, how he'll be a massive player for us and how he is what we missed last season?

Three seasons ago (I'm counting back including this as a season) he was okay but not exactly a game changer. Last season he didn't set the championship alight. He is older.

69 games
8 goals

I agree with you, both are pretty pony arent they and are not going to score 15+ goals a season based on past stats! Id have sold both and bought another attacker in, idah and huggy prob not worth much though

69 games
8 goals

I can't get excited about players we have seen plenty of, who have done very little for us so far. Especially, when I can't get that excited about Teemu and he has done loads for us. I would much prefer a new striker to get exited about before he let's me down as well.

It’s beyond me why we are sticking with these losers who have let us down not once but TWICE and still they play .

I still think we should make a loan offer for Adam Armstrong. As we couldn't afford him but saints happy to loan then go get him.

Watford and Boro interested.

The guy is dangerous in this league. He would give us that extra edge I think.

44 goals in 84 games in his last two championship seasons