Schalke - Post match reaction | Page 3 | Vital Football

Schalke - Post match reaction

Shocking news from Germany - fingers crossed the guy makes a full and speedy recovery.

Apparently the assault took place within the stadium so one can only hope UEFA grow a pair and take any action necessary.

Disgraceful.

City fan in critical condition after CL tie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47315415
There has been a little media coverage of this but not much.
Contrast with the blanket coverage and daily updates when the poor Liverpool fan from Ireland was poleaxed by a Roma fan.
Can only conclude it’s a City fan so it’s not newsworthy.

Contrast with the blanket coverage and daily updates when the poor Liverpool fan from Ireland was poleaxed by a Roma fan.

BBC

plucky 10 men Celtic bow out of Europe.

Compare

Sterling snatches late win for City

When the Liverpool fan was hurt it was headline news if I recall.

The institutional bias in the media is laid bare by the contrast in coverage

Oh, and Skoorb, kudos for digging yourself out of your sickbed to wear your 2012 tee-shirt to ensure we came away from Schalke with the win.
I trust it wasn’t only the shirt you were wearing.
:tophat:

Ederson to Sterling to in the net!
Should be shown again and again and again... you get my drift.
VAR should have had nothing to do with the penalty decision.
It was clearly not a penalty and should have been left to the referee to decide.

Oh, and Skoorb, kudos for digging yourself out of your sickbed to wear your 2012 tee-shirt to ensure we came away from Schalke with the win.
I trust it wasn’t only the shirt you were wearing.
:tophat:
The shirt of the last minute winner! And no, it was not the only item of clothing I was wearing :eek!:

German Police have arrested a 30-year-old man from Gelsenkirchen over the alleged assault of a Manchester City fan after the Champions League game against Schalke.

German Police have arrested a 30-year-old man from Gelsenkirchen over the alleged assault of a Manchester City fan after the Champions League game against Schalke.

Let's hope the wheels of Germanic Justice will deliver a suitable punishment (subject of course to the due process of the law and a finding of guilt).