Scary times | Page 4 | Vital Football

Scary times

UEFA yet again act decisively and will make decision on Friday whether to move champions league final from Russia. They are a f-----g disgrace.
Sorted, it's being moved from Leningr......sorry St Petersberg. That'll show Mr (Ras)Putin !!!!

Last edited:
Was watching the second part of the BBC2 documentary on the German invasion of Russia in the last war earlier in the week. It focuses on the personalities of Hitler and Stalin. Putin is in the same mould - power mad dictators whose prime interest is their own aggrandisement, whatever the cost to others

When the labour government first welcomed Roman abramovitch to this country the alarm bells should have been ringing? Even us football fans should have recognised the ‘reds’ were moving in.
My view on Ukraine is based on my ww2 history knowledge. SS division’s raised within the Ukraine. Death camp Ukrainian guards. Ukrainians heavily involved in einsatzgruppen killings of innocent Jews.
Today these Ukrainians are seen as National heroes?
So I’m against British boys going out to defend them.
Putin, the next left kgb man born and bred a communist with the slaughter of 50 million peoples that communism brought to Russia behind him.
So no thanks to him either.
How David lammy can suck up Russian money is beyond me?
Then we have our support for our EU ‘friends’?
Only last year they had warships ready to pound the channel isles?
no thanks.
Then there is the ever present threat of Sinn Fein/ira jackboots goose stepping down the shank hill road?
Again no thanks
Well done Boris sending our boys out to Poland early.
they will have run out of the 3 months only allowed in the EU soon and won’t be allowed back there for a year.
the benefits of Brexit. Bring our boys home safe.
Ditch the green stuff as well now. Frack, drill, nationalise and let British people have the heating on using our ⛽️ now!
British fuel for British people.

‘Mum, Grandads been at the cooking sherry again’

Shucks you may as well have the others as well now
(a) 2003
(c) Facebook and the Liberal Democrat’s own Nick Clegg.
One of you has scored 3 out of three and gets a bonus 2 points for introducing leading remainers David Cameron and George Osborn for (c)

Does Godwin's law cover rabid right wingers calling anybody left of centre a commie or just people like you being called fascists?
Amazing response. Osbourne is a remainer. Mendleson is a remainer. One Tory one labour. Both tucking in to tea and crumpet with the Russians.
I don’t like any of them.

Does Godwin's law cover rabid right wingers calling anybody left of centre a commie or just people like you being called fascists?
Works both ways impede that, as in, Godwin's law exclusively covers rabid left wingers calling anybody right of centre a Nazi.

I'm sure you get my drift, as there's a reason why it is indeed called Godwin's Law and does emanate from the left with it being their standard go to when they start to lose a debate, or are desperate to shut one down....well that and abuse, threats, intimidation, bullying, violence, arson, cancel culture, no platforming, censorship, suppression of the truth, hysteria, hypocrisy, delusion, tears, distortion, dictates on what is acceptable behaviour/opinion plus bare faced lies.

Haven't you got more to worry about than trolling, such as the return of blue passports and imperial measures :LOL:.

Last edited:
@hulloutpost more out of interest than anything, and because I'm not deciphering some of the other posts above... do you share Mr. Farage's view on Russia / Ukraine?

Seems to have more in common with some crank-y left positions on this to be honest. At least it continues a fairly unbroken run of never agreeing with Farage on anything for me. And if my position doesn't align with some further right than me when Russia are rolling in the tanks not sure it ever will...

@hulloutpost more out of interest than anything, and because I'm not deciphering some of the other posts above... do you share Mr. Farage's view on Russia / Ukraine?

Seems to have more in common with some crank-y left positions on this to be honest. At least it continues a fairly unbroken run of never agreeing with Farage on anything for me. And if my position doesn't align with some further right than me when Russia are rolling in the tanks not sure it ever will...

In short, most certainly no I don't. Farage imo is conflating his dislike of the EU and it's plans for it's own army, to make a point about that. Personally I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with Nato or the West antagonising Russia over the Ukraine.

Whilst I also wouldn't advocate the UK being part of an EU army myself (had we still been members), that's only because I see the EU as being an economic union (or should only be) as opposed to it's grand designs on political union, and we already have an existing military union which is set up to deal with these situations. This falls squarely in their remit, i.e. NATO. On this occasion I would say Farage is guilty of what I regularly blame some Remainers of doing - not moving on.

As I understand it the Ukraine people have already driven one pro Russian government out and have consistently appointed Western looking governments ever since; as is their wont and right to do so.

In simplistic terms I take the view it is Putin's ego (he wants a Soviet Union legacy) and it is this Ukraine snub to him which has poked the bear - be it Putin's anger, chutzpah or combination of the two. With Putin at the helm the possibility of this happening was always high regardless of what anybody in the West did. I would go further and say it was only a matter of time, and as I have intimated before I believe Putin has moved now because he sees a disjointed West, having weak leadership in place.

Edit - I should add, you make a fair point about it sounding like a cranky left position. When you read the bluster contained within the press release/statement from the usual myopic suspects at the 'Stop The War Coalition' (basically Western aggression directed at Putin), you could see the Farage position being more aligned with that.

Last edited:
In short, most certainly no I don't. Farage imo is conflating his dislike of the EU and it's plans for it's own army, to make a point about that. Personally I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with Nato or the West antagonising Russia over the Ukraine.

Whilst I also wouldn't advocate the UK being part of an EU army myself (had we still been members), that's only because I see the EU as being an economic union (or should only be) as opposed to it's grand designs on political union, and we already have an existing military union which is set up to deal with these situations. This falls squarely in their remit, i.e. NATO. On this occasion I would say Farage is guilty of what I regularly blame some Remainers of doing - not moving on.

As I understand it the Ukraine people have already driven one pro Russian government out and have consistently appointed Western looking governments ever since; as is their wont and right to do so.

In simplistic terms I take the view it is Putin's ego (he wants a Soviet Union legacy) and it is this Ukraine snub to him which has poked the bear - be it Putin's anger, chutzpah or combination of the two. With Putin at the helm the possibility of this happening was always high regardless of what anybody in the West did. I would go further and say it was only a matter of time, and as I have intimated before I believe Putin has moved now because he sees a disjointed West, having weak leadership in place.

Edit - I should add, you make a fair point about it sounding like a cranky left position. When you read the bluster contained within the press release/statement from the usual myopic suspects at the 'Stop The War Coalition' (basically Western aggression directed at Putin), you could see the Farage position being more aligned with that.

We are in danger of agreeing twice in a week. At this rate Lincoln will win 4-0 on Saturday.

Simply ‘moving on’ from Brexit is a bit of a leap in my eyes, but maybe it takes the threat to 60 years of peaceful European order to do that. A big price to pay.

We are in danger of agreeing twice in a week. At this rate Lincoln will win 4-0 on Saturday.

Simply ‘moving on’ from Brexit is a bit of a leap in my eyes, but maybe it takes the threat to 60 years of peaceful European order to do that. A big price to pay.
Without at all wishing to be flippant in the face of such sickening developments in Europe, if peace and accord can break out (occasionally) on here there's hope yet!

Brexit, Covid, Ukraine - that's three significant issues back to back. I think we could all benefit from some peace and stability over the next few years; the sooner the better.

Maybe the horrors of an actual war in Europe will finally knock some heads together, to bring some much needed focus, substance and co-operation between all our politicians.

Just watching the news incredible footage of a Russian tank just turning and deliberately running over a car driving past

They take away the Chapionshop final from Russia, but don't ban their club and national teams. Russian and Ukrainian teams to play at neutral venues!. Russia and Ukraine teams could meet in a playoff spot for the world cup!.

Russia and Ukraine teams could meet in a playoff spot for the world cup!.

Perhaps the former will compete as the Russian Football Association, so as not to punish the players.

Perhaps Qatar will take the moral high ground and not allow them in.

Meanwhile the company known as F1 (remember it isn't actually a sport) is also p laying hardball "... it is impossible to hold the Russian Grand Prix in the current circumstances".