Scally to sell up? | Page 11 | Vital Football

Scally to sell up?

Just heard it, yes the interviewer says ‘it’s been confirmed by the club’ (in relation to a takeover but not who), not sure if Mr Harris missed it or was thinking how to answer, but there’s a pause before he replies.

I haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere by the club though, which I think we would have done if they’d said it publicly, who knows what to make of anything right now.

Yeah, I heard that. I wondered if I’d misheard, but there were subtitles at the bottom that said the same. That was bizarre as well, don’t normally have that do they?

I’m thinking the reporter just mucked his words up. Haven’t seen it reported anywhere else by the club.

Yeah, I heard that. I wondered if I’d misheard, but there were subtitles at the bottom that said the same. That was bizarre as well, don’t normally have that do they?

I’m thinking the reporter just mucked his words up. Haven’t seen it reported anywhere else by the club.
Perhaps today’s Medway Messenger may contain a story about the takeover? I’m not expecting a club statement kind of thing but maybe “a club official confirms talks are ongoing but nothing definite”? My head tells me of course not but it’s just weird for the reporter to say that, it’s definitely a pleasant eye-opener.

That said, I do see takeovers being made public when they’ve gone to the FA to get the ok.

On the fans site there’s speculation that the current sale is for GFC, Priestfield stadium AND land owned (by PS?) at Mill Hill site. All for £10 mill or thereabouts. All rumours, don’t know how valid.

And it’s suggested that the big lure for a takeover is that someone with the financial clout (a lot more clout than PS) will be able to make a decent profit by relocating Gills to Mill Hill (with conference centre, hotel, multi use stadium etc) and sell Priestfield for redevelopment.

I’ve no idea if any of that is true or even viable, but that is what’s being suggested by people who “claim to know people”.

I read the comments about PS owning Mill Hill and not sure I believe that statement. My understanding of the details for the scoping assessment that was made for the new stadium back in 2014 that it was a partnership between Gillingham Football Club and Medway Sports & Leisure Park Ltd who I believe to be in this instance, the actual land owners, who I assume also don't have the financial clout to just start building lots of houses/stadia/supermarket at the site without selling up.

A quick check on companies house shows that the company is still active, albeit renamed to Nightingale Homes (Gillingham) Ltd with ownership from business people based in Cuxton. Of course whether full ownership has passed over to PS I don't know but the assets from the company accounts of Nightingale Homes and their previous owners Palm Investments Ltd would suggest that they're still the owners.

I read the comments about PS owning Mill Hill and not sure I believe that statement. My understanding of the details for the scoping assessment that was made for the new stadium back in 2014 that it was a partnership between Gillingham Football Club and Medway Sports & Leisure Park Ltd who I believe to be in this instance, the actual land owners, who I assume also don't have the financial clout to just start building lots of houses/stadia/supermarket at the site without selling up.

A quick check on companies house shows that the company is still active, albeit renamed to Nightingale Homes (Gillingham) Ltd with ownership from business people based in Cuxton. Of course whether full ownership has passed over to PS I don't know but the assets from the company accounts of Nightingale Homes and their previous owners Palm Investments Ltd would suggest that they're still the owners.

Mill Hill - is that the area which has land owned by people who stable horses (toward the river end of the site)?

last time they were in the press they were adamant that they weren’t going to sell. Has this changed?

On the fans site there’s speculation that the current sale is for GFC, Priestfield stadium AND land owned (by PS?) at Mill Hill site. All for £10 mill or thereabouts. All rumours, don’t know how valid.

And it’s suggested that the big lure for a takeover is that someone with the financial clout (a lot more clout than PS) will be able to make a decent profit by relocating Gills to Mill Hill (with conference centre, hotel, multi use stadium etc) and sell Priestfield for redevelopment.

I’ve no idea if any of that is true or even viable, but that is what’s being suggested by people who “claim to know people”.
whatever plans are in place for redevelopment, I hope it does include the proviso that a spare washing machine or toilet is allowed outside the front door of each property...

He might have to let it go cheaper than he originally wanted to.
We will never know thats for sure.
If the guy is american then the exchange rate will be helping.

Agree. The value of GFC sinks dramatically if we are relegated, and since that now looks a genuine concern, PS`s hand must be weaker.

Sounds credible. From the outside looking in, Kent has a lot to offer international investors - in terms of both leisure and commerce.

I’ve just listened to a bit of Neil Harris’ latest press conference, namely the question regarding the rumoured takeover. I can’t find it on the internet but did I hear correctly the BBC Radio Kent reporter specifically say “…it’s been confirmed by the club”?!

Tell me I really heard that.

Does anyone know if these interviews are available online anywhere?

Like a lot of things it maybe available at the right price.Makes me wonder if the guy could buy up massive parts of Gillingham and transform it into the place to live.2035 Gillingham tops the list as the most delightful place to live in the UK.

I am a concerned about how this has come about. The SOB have hounded a the chairman, of the club I support, out, through some despicable acts. They will now think that is an OK way to act if there is someone they take a disliking to, who will be next Paul Fisher if he stays, the manager after a couple of defeats. Like or loath Scally I believe he has always had the best interests of Gillingham fc in mind just didn't always go about things the right way. I know I could have handled a some events in my life better.

I am a concerned about how this has come about. The SOB have hounded a the chairman, of the club I support, out, through some despicable acts. They will now think that is an OK way to act if there is someone they take a disliking to, who will be next Paul Fisher if he stays, the manager after a couple of defeats. Like or loath Scally I believe he has always had the best interests of Gillingham fc in mind just didn't always go about things the right way. I know I could have handled a some events in my life better.

Having looked at the facebook group for the first time in ages this week, there does appear to be alot back slapping that the boycotts, banners and planes are the main reason for Scally's potential departure, rather than what many people are saying on here, it's more to do with his health.

Having looked at the facebook group for the first time in ages this week, there does appear to be alot back slapping that the boycotts, banners and planes are the main reason for Scally's potential departure, rather than what many people are saying on here, it's more to do with his health.
That to me is very worrying. A massive spending chairman will forever give these guys what they crave. Not success for Gillingham. Being proved right in there eyes.Instead of making the Gillingham crowds less toxic it could even do the reverse almost regardless of exactly how it turns out.
Instead of excitement I am apprehensive about the future to be honest.

Not that I openly condone what has happened to him in the last year - but he went on the offensive last season (pre planes or any other shenanigans) and I think the mood amongst fans shifted because of it - even people who supported him or were on the fence I think broadly agree a new person at the top is now needed.

He has always been a person to try and dominate a situation, and when the opposite has happened to him i.e. chants at games for him to go - it has proved to be too much for him I think mentally, because he can't see any wrongdoing from himself to have stoked the situation up.

Would calls for him to go and protests have happened if he didn't have a spate of outbursts early season 21/22? I don't think so. Would we be in a position where he wants to sell us if those calls to go and protests hadn't have happened? I don't believe so. It's a chain reaction, I don't recall there being a huge Anti Scally sentiment pre 21/22. It was bubbling away, but it was his own doing to intensify the poor feeling between both parties that I believe has led to him wanting to get rid of the club.

He is likely ill because of this battle for the last 12 months - which isn't good to hear.

I openly said in a GITB video that he has made his money over the years and kept the club afloat and now is time to cash his chips in and rightfully so.

It is time all round for a change, he can sail off into retirement, enjoy himself with a few million quid - and hopefully we can enjoy some good and less turbulent/divisive times ahead, where fans return and optimism and positivity is the name of the game.

Not that I openly condone what has happened to him in the last year - but he went on the offensive last season (pre planes or any other shenanigans) and I think the mood amongst fans shifted because of it - even people who supported him or were on the fence I think broadly agree a new person at the top is now needed.

He has always been a person to try and dominate a situation, and when the opposite has happened to him i.e. chants at games for him to go - it has proved to be too much for him I think mentally, because he can't see any wrongdoing from himself to have stoked the situation up.

Would calls for him to go and protests have happened if he didn't have a spate of outbursts early season 21/22? I don't think so. Would we be in a position where he wants to sell us if those calls to go and protests hadn't have happened? I don't believe so. It's a chain reaction, I don't recall there being a huge Anti Scally sentiment pre 21/22. It was bubbling away, but it was his own doing to intensify the poor feeling between both parties that I believe has led to him wanting to get rid of the club.

He is likely ill because of this battle for the last 12 months - which isn't good to hear.

I openly said in a GITB video that he has made his money over the years and kept the club afloat and now is time to cash his chips in and rightfully so.

It is time all round for a change, he can sail off into retirement, enjoy himself with a few million quid - and hopefully we can enjoy some good and less turbulent/divisive times ahead, where fans return and optimism and positivity is the name of the game.
All this taking a multi million pound investment for granted based on a rumour I find worrying. I have always largely sat on the fence regarding Scally. He simply tried to do everything himself.It falls flat now as there is more investment lower down .Scally has always tried to keep the club afloat using funds from the club. Being told how successful people who have driven a knife into the chairman simply because they wanted different is a sickness .Much as I am no fan of Scally's this element is something many of us will never support or give any ground on .Scally made mistakes but there is no greater crime than outright bullying, short of violence. As someone who has been victim of bullying. I have no time what so ever for these people. Scally has be wrongly accused of all manner of horrible stuff .Mr Perry and his handful of supporters are not welcome now or in the future.

Last edited: