Scally to sell up? | Page 12 | Vital Football

Scally to sell up?

All this taking a multi million pound investment for granted based on a rumour I find worrying. I have always largely sat on the fence regarding Scally. He simply tried to do everything himself.It falls flat now as there is more investment lower down .Scally has always tried to keep the club afloat using funds from the club. Being told how successful people who have driven a knife into the chairman simply because they wanted different is a sickness .Much as I am no fan of Scally's this element is something many of us will never support or give any ground on .Scally made mistakes but there is no greater crime that outright bullying short of violence. As someone who has been victim of bullying I have no time what so ever for these people. Scally has be wrongly accused of all manner of horrible stuff .Mr Perry and his handful of supporters are not welcome now or in the future.

The SOB stuff that's been going on over the last 12-18 months got way to personal and OTT, however as GH says, PS made a decision to "go after" some of the SOB and stoked the fire .

PS has had the ability to fall out with many people from supporters to media, caterers to former employees over his time at the helm and it can't always be everyone else's fault. He has to shoulder a portion of the blame (not talking about the SOB episode but prior public battles) unfortunately if it does eventually end like it may appear to be.

The SOB stuff that's been going on over the last 12-18 months got way to personal and OTT, however as GH says, PS made a decision to "go after" some of the SOB and stoked the fire .

PS has had the ability to fall out with many people from supporters to media, caterers to former employees over his time at the helm and it can't always be everyone else's fault. He has to shoulder a portion of the blame (not talking about the SOB episode but prior public battles) unfortunately if it does eventually end like it may appear to be.
Caterers refused to pay their agreed contract are you suggesting that Scally should have let them walk away?
That's a interesting view. Not sure how much he won in the resulting case.But are you suggesting we or Scally himself should have found the money to pay the cost of them walking away ?
Perhaps someone might work out how much that is per average crowd member.Your post shows me proof that some people have it in for Scally simply because his face has outlived his welcome. As I said he has made mistakes. But he is also our most successful chairman ever by a massive margin.

All this taking a multi million pound investment for granted based on a rumour I find worrying. I have always largely sat on the fence regarding Scally. He simply tried to do everything himself.It falls flat now as there is more investment lower down .Scally has always tried to keep the club afloat using funds from the club. Being told how successful people who have driven a knife into the chairman simply because they wanted different is a sickness .Much as I am no fan of Scally's this element is something many of us will never support or give any ground on .Scally made mistakes but there is no greater crime that outright bullying short of violence. As someone who has been victim of bullying I have no time what so ever for these people. Scally has be wrongly accused of all manner of horrible stuff .Mr Perry and his handful of supporters are not welcome now or in the future.
Well said. I would love Perry and his I'll to be banned for life.

Caterers refused to pay their agreed contract are you suggesting that Scally should have let them walk away?
That's a interesting view. Not sure how much he won in the resulting case.But are you suggesting we or Scally himself should have found the money to pay the cost of them walking away ?
Perhaps someone might work out how much that is per average crowd member.Your post shows me proof that some people have it in for Scally simply because his face has outlived his welcome. As I said he has made mistakes. But he is also our most successful chairman ever by a massive margin.

I wasn't talking about the compass situation. I was talking about individual caterers who have worked within the confines of Priestfield over the years. If you had any incling of what goes on or has gone on over the years under PS you'd have very little sympathy for him when it comes to how people are treated.

There was no need for it to get as OTT as it did with the SOB, but please spare me the sympathy for PS, he could have an argument if he was in a room by himself.

Only PS decides when time is up.

I remember last year, someone who's lad worked on a turnstile was laid off during covid,but the club refused to pay him for the time he worked prior to that. Then when it all started up again the club had the cheek to ask him to go back. That is reason why there is so much bad feeling about the club

This is a difficult one. As stated above, Scally could start a row in a room on his own and often didn't help himself.

Opposition and protest such as our very own Markinkent expressed is/was fine. However, the SOB stuff was well out of order and encouraged moronic lowlife like the trash that sang about Scally being a "paedo" to come out from under their rocks. I'm concerned that they may think this approach is a "winner" and do the same in future if the new owner doesn't meet their requirements. This would be tragic.

Like virtually everyone I'd like Scally to sell up asap and frankly he appears to need to for the sake of his own health. My view doesn't make me a "Scally lover", it's just that I don't like to see vile behaviour appear to "win".

This is a difficult one. As stated above, Scally could start a row in a room on his own and often didn't help himself.

Opposition and protest such as our very own Markinkent expressed is/was fine. However, the SOB stuff was well out of order and encouraged moronic lowlife like the trash that sang about Scally being a "paedo" to come out from under their rocks. I'm concerned that they may think this approach is a "winner" and do the same in future if the new owner doesn't meet their requirements. This would be tragic.

Like virtually everyone I'd like Scally to sell up asap and frankly he appears to need to for the sake of his own health. My view doesn't make me a "Scally lover", it's just that I don't like to see vile behaviour appear to "win".
Spot on 58 .Markinkent approach was totally acceptable to me you and I believe probably the vast majority. I have many friends who express the same views and I totally understand that view.Scally time is up he simply can't go on as he has.That is not a argument for the kind of attitude he has had against him.Look at it from his view .Put yourself in his shoes for a moment imagine you were chairman of Gillingham football club.
Now tell me the abuse was totally 100% justified?

Spot on 58 .Markinkent approach was totally acceptable to me you and I believe probably the vast majority. I have many friends who express the same views and I totally understand that view.Scally time is up he simply can't go on as he has.That is not a argument for the kind of attitude he has had against him.Look at it from his view .Put yourself in his shoes for a moment imagine you were chairman of Gillingham football club.
Now tell me the abuse was totally 100% justified?

I don't think anyone on this MB has ever suggested the abuse PS has taken from the SOB is justified. Even the most 'outers' on here have said its out of order and OTT.

I thought I read that the health of PS took a turn for the worst when he fell out with our previous manager. That, on top of the drip, drip SOB pressure, proved too much.

I don't think anyone on this MB has ever suggested the abuse PS has taken from the SOB is justified. Even the most 'outers' on here have said its out of order and OTT.
I am not attacking you. If you feel that the process of Scally's departure wasn't justified I totally agree. I like many on here feel it is the right time for Scally to sell.But that could have been so much better had we not had the children yelling abuse for months on end .

Whether the sale of the club goes through or not, I don’t believe Scally will be back in any management capacity.
He’s now tasting the good life and probably asking himself why he put up with all that crap for so long.
Whether Paul Fisher stays on or not ?
If not him, then someone else as executive officer.
Scally’s days are over at GFC.
Just my opinion.

Whether the sale of the club goes through or not, I don’t believe Scally will be back in any management capacity.
He’s now tasting the good life and probably asking himself why he put up with all that crap for so long.
Whether Paul Fisher stays on or not ?
If not him, then someone else as executive officer.
Scally’s days are over at GFC.
Just my opinion.
I doubt it’s coincidental that there was no tweet from Paul Fisher before or after the Orient match.
Some have said he didn’t go to the game because he was working on the takeover deal.

I don't know much about what went on with certain caterers or fans, but I was disgusted with the way Steve Lovell was treated in his last stint as caretaker manager. That says a lot about about the owner!!

I doubt it’s coincidental that there was no tweet from Paul Fisher before or after the Orient match.
Some have said he didn’t go to the game because he was working on the takeover deal.
Or is it he's already fed up with the negative replies he gets.

Sorry folks, I had banned him, but he must have still been logged in. I will look if I can auto log off, if not I'll use the nuclear option!

Have removed more of his bile, and any posts quoting him, apologies if I deleted anything not to do with the troll.

Hope all is well folks, and thanks for the alerts!