Scally on five live | Page 2 | Vital Football

Scally on five live

I'm triple jabbed too, but I can understand people who don't want to have the jab, especially young people. There are thousands who have died from having the jab, and many more who have had serious health problems. I know someone who had a stroke, and another who had a heart attack. I get that an athlete would be worried about risking their future by having a jab. We don't know the long term side effects for a start . Of the many footballers who've collapsed this year, it seems the majority haven't had the jab. So they are weighing up the risks, and it's like a game of Russian roulette. Is the reason Akinde can't hit a barn for the fact that he might have long covid, or the fact that he's not as good as we hoped he'd be...
I've given up worrying about what others do. Don't have a jab, don't wear a mask, don't sanitise. I don't care anymore, I just do all three and carry on with my life. Couple of weeks ago I was nightclubbing, and today I'm at a works party (even though I'm retired). We need to live our lives, and let others do the same whatever we think about them...

There are thousands who have died from having the jab

No there aren't: https://blog.ons.gov.uk/2021/10/04/how-many-people-have-died-as-a-result-of-a-covid-19-vaccine/

Any potential risks from the jab are massively outweighed by the risks associated with getting Covid, regardless.

All the time there's a large chunk of the population not vaccinated it gives the virus more opportunity to spread and mutate, and puts unnecessary pressure on the NHS when those people get ill. The problem with a 'live and let live' approach in a public health crisis is that the decisions of individuals (whether or not to wear a mask, whether or not to get vaccinated, whether or not to drive to Barnard Castle and host parties etc) have a major impact on everyone else.

The appearance of authoritarianism and liberalism in unexpected places is compounded by those same people worrying whether they are losing the public argument. That public argument is a weird and uncontrollable beast with messages routinely misunderstood. On the most basic level many would be amazed at the vaccine status of those they engage with on social media.

I have engaged with Danny Lloyd on social media and accept his position. He is not someone who leaves room for doubt about his position. He's as committed and enthusiastic online as he is on the pitch.

No there aren't: https://blog.ons.gov.uk/2021/10/04/how-many-people-have-died-as-a-result-of-a-covid-19-vaccine/

Any potential risks from the jab are massively outweighed by the risks associated with getting Covid, regardless.

All the time there's a large chunk of the population not vaccinated it gives the virus more opportunity to spread and mutate, and puts unnecessary pressure on the NHS when those people get ill. The problem with a 'live and let live' approach in a public health crisis is that the decisions of individuals (whether or not to wear a mask, whether or not to get vaccinated, whether or not to drive to Barnard Castle and host parties etc) have a major impact on everyone else.
Excellent reply Rob.

We had the same rubbish spouted about MMR from that criminal, now disbarred "Professor" Wakefield.

I am aware of one fatality directly from the jab (blood clot) and the victim's sister, a Pharmacist, was on C4 news a few days later begging people to still get vaxxed in spite of what happened to her brother.

My parents were born and brought up pre NHS and these wonderful vaccines. They wer super keen for my brothers and I to have every jab going, having lived through terrible rates of death and disability in their earlier days.

The cult of individual and so called personal freedom is a blight on the community imo.

Ps. I wouldn't mandate vaccines but would impose restrictions on such people if recommended by our excellent top scientists.

[QUOTE="Gills 58, post: 3144656, member:

Ps. I wouldn't mandate vaccines but would impose restrictions on such people if recommended by our excellent top scientists.[/QUOTE]

I think that is the strategy across Europe and elsewhere.

I hope to ski in a few weeks. I have to link my vaccine status to my ski pass or the turnstile on the lifts won't let me in.

Simple rule - want to ski ? Yiu must be double jabbed.

My US colleagues who have not provided evidence or vaccination will have their employment "voluntarily terminated" in the coming days.

That says 1,645 have died from the vaccine, and that's just in this country, and figures only up to September. I do agree with you, and like I say I am triple jabbed, wear a mask, and sanitise. I've just decided not to worry what others do. Nothing I do in my life now is any different to what I'd normally be getting up to. I just concentrate on what I do, and let others do the same.

But so many of those athletes didn’t have the vaccines!

Citation needed

What is your source for this claim? Whenever it has been reported that an athlete has collapsed on the pitch with heart problems the media doesn't mention vaccination status.

I've seen quite a bit of "Oh, but these players weren't jabbed" online in general but no one has any source for this. It is almost as if it'll be one of those things that becomes "true" because everyone repeats that it is true.

The thing is, if people post up statements such as "all these players weren't jabbed" then this would be acceptable on social media, but the claim of "all the players were jabbed at least once" would be banned as anti-Vax conspiracy theory.

People should get vaccinated. This seems to me to be blindingly obvious even if it involves an act of faith or trust in experts. We believe in and trust experts through every inch of our daily lives. Why draw the line here?

The appearance of authoritarianism and liberalism in unexpected places is compounded by those same people worrying whether they are losing the public argument.

I blame social media for a lot of the distrust. Some of Facebook's executives were actually filmed admitting that they had changed the algorithm so that any posts questioning the vaccine would be blocked, banned or pushed down the views. And by "questioning" I don't mean the rabbied hardcore anti-vax conspiracy theoriests.

People want reliable information to be able to weigh up the risks. Big Tech trying to censor half the debate just leads to distrust.

That says 1,645 have died from the vaccine, and that's just in this country, and figures only up to September. I do agree with you, and like I say I am triple jabbed, wear a mask, and sanitise. I've just decided not to worry what others do. Nothing I do in my life now is any different to what I'd normally be getting up to. I just concentrate on what I do, and let others do the same.

The 1,645 is deaths shortly after receiving a dose of the vacine, not deaths as a result of the vaccine. Further down the page it states that 9 deaths over the time period were actually attributed to the vaccine. Compared to 150,000 from Covid, for instance (total to date).

I'm not meaning to pick on you, especially as you actually have been vaccinated! It's just that kind of argument about the side effects and deaths that puts people off getting vaccinated completely unnecessary.

Easy to see how the thinking spreds though, especially via social media. I just had a quick look at Danny Lloyd's twitter but could only bear to read it for about 30 seconds.

The 1,645 is deaths shortly after receiving a dose of the vacine, not deaths as a result of the vaccine. Further down the page it states that 9 deaths over the time period were actually attributed to the vaccine. Compared to 150,000 from Covid, for instance (total to date).

I'm not meaning to pick on you, especially as you actually have been vaccinated! It's just that kind of argument about the side effects and deaths that puts people off getting vaccinated completely unnecessary.

Easy to see how the thinking spreds though, especially via social media. I just had a quick look at Danny Lloyd's twitter but could only bear to read it for about 30 seconds.

Like I say, those figures are just from England. When you look at the worldwide figure, you find that it does run into thousands. I don't do Twitter lol
I am making sure that I am safe, and those around me. I'm just not worrying about what others do. I think some just boast about not having jabs etc is just attention seeking. They do seem to bang on about it! I do also agree that if you don't have the jab, don't expect to go everywhere you may want to.
A few weeks ago, there was a post on a Facebook group stating that their brother had died not long after having the jab. Lots a comments as expected from the antivaxers etc. Then someone replied with- "hang on, didn't your brother die in a motorbike accident..." Yes, but not long after being jabbed! So always be aware of what you see on social media!

I took a peak and his most recent post is:

1639736736443.png

Is news agency Reuters considered the media wing of QAnon now?

And is Matt Le Tissier acting all extremist in suggesting it should be ok to ask for an investigation without being deemed an anti-vaxxer.

1639737136872.png

Pretty simple stance from me really:

Morally and logically you should get the vaccine. It is backed by the WHO and although somewhat rushed through (it needed to be) I clearly believe and trust medical professionals that it is safe and ultimately good for us.

I draw the line at enforcing people to get it, it is your body and you should be free to do with it as you please.

Agreed on the point of authoritarianism, many people I know traditionally on the liberal left are adamant at mandatory vaccines and consistent lockdowns. It's made me realise I am a bit of a libertarian personally.

Scally in KOL this morning passed comment on the vaccination status of the players, obviously they are his assets, but again they are human beings and should have their own liberty body wise.

Like I say, those figures are just from England. When you look at the worldwide figure, you find that it does run into thousands. I don't do Twitter lol
I am making sure that I am safe, and those around me. I'm just not worrying about what others do. I think some just boast about not having jabs etc is just attention seeking. They do seem to bang on about it! I do also agree that if you don't have the jab, don't expect to go everywhere you may want to.
A few weeks ago, there was a post on a Facebook group stating that their brother had died not long after having the jab. Lots a comments as expected from the antivaxers etc. Then someone replied with- "hang on, didn't your brother die in a motorbike accident..." Yes, but not long after being jabbed! So always be aware of what you see on social media!

Assuming the 9 deaths in the UK are representative, based on the fact the UK's population is 0.87% of the global population, you'd expect about 1,000 to be the global figure over the time period. A tiny fraction of global deaths. 1.3mill die in car accidents globally each year.

Totally agree about attention seeking though. It does seem that conspiracy theories and disagreeing with the prevailing thinking is the way to get noticed.

I took a peak and his most recent post is:

View attachment 54163

Is news agency Reuters considered the media wing of QAnon now?

And is Matt Le Tissier acting all extremist in suggesting it should be ok to ask for an investigation without being deemed an anti-vaxxer.

View attachment 54165

Nothing wrong with those, or his criticsm of Priti Patel's stance on immigration. More the repeated questioning of government statistics, downplaying of the significance of Omicron, and most worryingly, retweeting of Joey Barton. It's an interesting mix!

My mrs is a nurse and she told me last last night that 90 per cent of the people over here in ICU are unvaccinated. That’s a massive percentage given they are about only 20 per cent of the population.

That tells you all you need. It’s not about the jab being safe, the facts show not being jabbed is clearly incredibly unsafe.

Danny Lloyd as a role model with no medical expertise should keep quite on the matter.

Nothing wrong with those, or his criticsm of Priti Patel's stance on immigration. More the repeated questioning of government statistics, downplaying of the significance of Omicron, and most worryingly, retweeting of Joey Barton. It's an interesting mix!

There are lies, damn lies and statistics.

I find it interesting that people constantly question the government statistics on all other topics and imply that government's figures are always wrong or manipulated and therefore not to be trusted but any statistic on Covid must not be questioned.

As with all statisitics, it is always important to review the methodology and how the data is applied.

I think the main consistant stance of his views is a cynical distrust of anything to do with the current Tory government which maybe shouldn't be a surprise considering he is a scouser. I suspect that for the majority on here his opinions would make him a bloody hero except for the faux pas for extending his distrust of the Tories to the topic of Covid.

Pretty simple stance from me really:

Morally and logically you should get the vaccine. It is backed by the WHO and although somewhat rushed through (it needed to be) I clearly believe and trust medical professionals that it is safe and ultimately good for us.

I draw the line at enforcing people to get it, it is your body and you should be free to do with it as you please.

Agreed on the point of authoritarianism, many people I know traditionally on the liberal left are adamant at mandatory vaccines and consistent lockdowns. It's made me realise I am a bit of a libertarian personally.

Scally in KOL this morning passed comment on the vaccination status of the players, obviously they are his assets, but again they are human beings and should have their own liberty body wise.

Completely agree with what you've said, however we are still going to get future lockdowns because people aren't getting vaccinated, with the exceptional majority of people in hospital being the unvaccinated.

Whichever way you cut it, this is a selfish act, that will lead to restrictions being imposed not just on them, but on everyone. Thatcher was wrong when she said there's no such thing as society.

So, frankly my option to take would be to just have lockdowns for the unvaccinated.

If you choose to not get vaccinated, fair enough, but these are the implications, when a new variant comes on the rise, you'll be the ones to isolate and lockdown. It takes out the selfishness of the choice, as you're unwillingness to do something will no longer affect those who have.

Enforcing it however...

There are lies, damn lies and statistics.

As with all statisitics, it is always important to review the methodology and how the data is applied.

Yes indeed. Which is why I have made the conclusions I have (as per previous comments).

I think the main consistant stance of his views is a cynical distrust of anything to do with the current Tory government which maybe shouldn't be a surprise considering he is a scouser.

To be fair I didn't spend a huge amount of time on the feed so that may well be correct. I would echo octopus' point though, I do think there's a difference when role models/those whose opinions reach a wide audience are concerned. Particularly when it concerns issues they don't have expertise in. Their opinions do have influence.

Danny is excellent on social media, frequently interacting with Gills fans. I don't agree with his views on covid vaccines but that is his opinion and his choice if he has one or not. People unfollowing him due to these views I find quite strange but as you say mate.. wierd times.

Unfollowing someone because on twitter because they're an idiot is the same as just ignoring a moron down the pub, nothing weird about it.

Given a swift look at his stuff, and he is and idiot btw. That Matt Le Tissier thing is idiotic, George Galloway thing is idiotic, and the one on the maths of the infection rates etc is idiotic.

It's almost like that old thing about footballers being thick still might still have some relevance.