SB and EPC Pitches | Page 9 | Vital Football

SB and EPC Pitches

Interesting all the comments about the pitch being designed and built to suit the way MA wants to play. Be very interesting to see if this makes a difference to our results at home after last season. Then again, probably wouldn’t explain why we had such a brilliant away record - if there is a suggestion that most of the other clubs we played had better pitches than us, because I would draw the line at Posh and one or two others at least. Having said that it’ll be brilliant to have such a good surface and when you look at the pitches in the Championship and Prem it’ll be great if ours can match theirs.
The reason we lost 9 home League games last season was not so much the pitch but the loss of our fantastic supporters who in recent seasons have dragged us over the line to vital points creating such a fantastic atmosphere. Will be good to have a Prem quality pitch though , just another sign how far and the speed we have come over the past five years.
I seem to remember in the dim and distant 1960's our pitch and Ipswich Town were rated as some of the best in the Country.
UTI and good grass growing weather.

If I am understanding this correctly, the club installed the good pitches at the EPC first, then at LNER. That seems the wrong way around to me, but I don't claim to know anything about these things.
Well I suppose there’s 3 pitches at EPC so you can do one pitch and still have 2 to use, no such luxury at LNER

The reason we lost 9 home League games last season was not so much the pitch but the loss of our fantastic supporters who in recent seasons have dragged us over the line to vital points creating such a fantastic atmosphere. Will be good to have a Prem quality pitch though , just another sign how far and the speed we have come over the past five years.
I seem to remember in the dim and distant 1960's our pitch and Ipswich Town were rated as some of the best in the Country.
UTI and good grass growing weather.
It helps being in the East where the climate is rated as near arid. And after investing all this money in pitches designed to MA's specification, he better not bugger off somewhere else

I have no doubt the state of our pitch had a negative effect on our home form last season. By December, the players just could not trust the roll of the ball at all. That produced a nervous attitude at the back, Palmer especially.

By February, even MA was making little negative comments about it after games. Personally I think it cost us enough points over the season to make the different between an automatic place and a play off position. Although the lack of home support had an effect on that too.

If your style of play is to pass the ball, and pass the ball forward, then the playing surface is hugely important. We had several (successful) years under the Cowleys with a different style, and the actual state of the pitch was not so important. It is now, so it is good to hear of the money being spent on it.

If I am understanding this correctly, the club installed the good pitches at the EPC first, then at LNER. That seems the wrong way around to me, but I don't claim to know anything about these things.
They started on the EPC back in April time (can't remember exactly when I passed). Towards the end of the season there only looked like one available pitch.

They started on the EPC back in April time (can't remember exactly when I passed). Towards the end of the season there only looked like one available pitch.
So, all done within a month or two - that makes a lot more sense.

Well I suppose there’s 3 pitches at EPC so you can do one pitch and still have 2 to use, no such luxury at LNER
My thought too. They had the time and opportunity to do the EPC early but not the case with the stadium pitch.

230 metres. We could chip in and put messages in front of the Co-Op that forum members couldn't read

If we don't take the opportunity to put something on them that Steve Evans can read when Gillingham come to town then we will have failed utterly....

230 metres. We could chip in and put messages in front of the Co-Op that forum members couldn't read
Most of our forum members it seems would be able to read it as long as they had their reading glasses and some binoculars under their blankets in the Senility.