Saturdays game now 2pm | Page 4 | Vital Football

Saturdays game now 2pm

I suppose that all the people who can now come to the match because it finishes an hour earlier will go some way to offsetting all the people who can now not come to the match because it starts an hour earlier.

That people can actually talk about the scheduling of a Gills fixture in terms of its constricting their ability to watch another football match on television suggests to me the full extent of the moral depravity to which the nation has sunk post-Brexit. Think it, perhaps, but to have the bald face lack of decorum to actually come out and say it, and on a Gills site -shocking.

So you didn`t know that SE has a fireworks party to go to ! He can`t be late as his experience in navigating rockets in an upward direction would be sorely (ouch) missed......

I’ve always thought that something needs to be done to enhance the match day experience to draw in new fans. The half-time kids shootout was always a bit lame; and the GFC Gems were a bit cringeworthy... ...but I think that the idea was there.

Maybe it would not be possible because of certain restrictions - but wouldn’t it have been a good idea to put on a fireworks display on the pitch post match? Charge a couple of quid, flog some shitty sprinklers, refreshments etc. Most importantly, families who would otherwise have skipped the match because of Fireworks Night would no longer have a conflict.

Mr Hindsight.