Saturdays game now 2pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Saturdays game now 2pm

Rung a friend who had a ticket for Saturday he never knew about the 2pm kick-off. I do wonder how many will turn up at at or around half time on Saturday. There are going to be a few more furious people come Saturday afternoon. It is almost like someone is determined to wind up our fans on purpose.

Rung a friend who had a ticket for Saturday he never knew about the 2pm kick-off. I do wonder how many will turn up at at or around half time on Saturday. There are going to be a few more furious people come Saturday afternoon. It is almost like someone is determined to wind up our fans on purpose.

Well, GFC do seem to have advertised constantly all week on all social media that the game is 2pm. It has popped up on my Facebook and Twitter and I’m not even going.

It’s also front page on GFC website under latest news.

Do things like a time change get announced on radio? And would anyone be listening? And I doubt newspapers are a good option to do this.

Not sure nowadays how anyone finds out anything if they don’t go online 🤷‍♂️

Other than not changing time in the first place, I don’t know what else they can do to tell everyone.

Does anyone know why its been changed or who's decision it is? I'm guessing that if either club requested it, it would have to be agreed by the other?
I'm also guessing that it's not live on TV so it's not the TV companies and I can see no reason for the Police to change it.
Only thing I can think of is that one of our younger players has asked for an early finish so he can go and watch the fireworks. 🤔

Does anyone know why its been changed or who's decision it is? I'm guessing that if either club requested it, it would have to be agreed by the other?
I'm also guessing that it's not live on TV so it's not the TV companies and I can see no reason for the Police to change it.
Only thing I can think of is that one of our younger players has asked for an early finish so he can go and watch the fireworks. 🤔
I guessed that it could be a faulty floodlight that we were not able to repair in time perhaps?

Well, GFC do seem to have advertised constantly all week on all social media that the game is 2pm. It has popped up on my Facebook and Twitter and I’m not even going.

Do things like a time change get announced on radio? And would anyone be listening? And I doubt newspapers are a good option to do this.

Other than not changing time in the first place, I don’t know what else they can do to tell everyone.
Not everyone is on their computers or phones. Basically you would not expect the time to change after you buy a ticket. You might also expect clubs to change the time on there own site and make sure other sites up date .There is far too many conflicting times out there.

Perhaps Cheltenham’s request so they get home earlier. The fact it happened the day after the clocks went back though makes me wonder if it’s just an electric saving on the floodlights measure, as it gets darker earlier now.
Since Evans and Raynor came in we’ve had several early kicks offs - last year they were more the norm than the exception. Evans has to get back to Peterborough after the game so I imagine an earlier finish suits him too.

Yes it was agreed by both teams, but I don't think a reason has been given.

It would have to be something significant imo (e.g emergency planned roadworks near Cheltenham) to justify a change of kick off so near to the time. I don't know why it is a secret though, that is just treating the remaining fans with disdain

Perhaps Cheltenham’s request so they get home earlier. The fact it happened the day after the clocks went back though makes me wonder if it’s just an electric saving on the floodlights measure, as it gets darker earlier now.
Since Evans and Raynor came in we’ve had several early kicks offs - last year they were more the norm than the exception. Evans has to get back to Peterborough after the game so I imagine an earlier finish suits him too.
That might be right tbh. Bringing the time forward an hour a week before the match could suit both managers / chairmen. Fans will have to lump it and make do.

Plastic

All the speculation would cease if the club were to announce why the kick off time has been moved. Why don't they? If any other organisation had changed the time of my booking I would expect an explanation.

All a bit odd and communication could be better. First thought I had was for anyone who had already booked their day return trains ticket (maybe Cheltenham fans) who might now be cutting it all a bit fine to catch the kick-off etc.

I’m wondering if it was suggested by Gills because of floodlights and agreed by Cheltenham so they get back at a reasonable time.
A lot of fans don’t realise that the away club generally travels the day before and stay at a nearby hotel. Then, on match day, the players are kicking their heels while waiting for kick off.
The earlier the better as far as the players are concerned.

I think if anyone watches Count Arthur Strong, they'll realise that it was a simple reason, and that Scally can't handle the clocks going back an hour. It's him doing the walk to the plane to attach a banner, saying "We Love You Scally" on it....

Start with sending everyone that we can an email - its free and the fact that you had to have an email address to buy the ticket in the first place!
Are we now forced to use twitter or facebook or keep going on the gill site just in case.