Saturdays game now 2pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Saturdays game now 2pm

It all seems to be a fuss about (pretty much) nothing.
Perhaps folk just want something to moan about ?

I especially donā€™t understand all the people up in arms that Scally hasnā€™t given a detailed explanation as to why the time has changed by 60 minutes. Why would anyone fucking care?

Just get there before 2pm And support the team.

If you cannot make the new time, ask for a refund.

Tell your mates as they might have missed the comms.

Simples.

I especially donā€™t understand all the people up in arms that Scally hasnā€™t given a detailed explanation as to why the time has changed by 60 minutes. Why would anyone fucking care?

Simples.
Its lack of courtesy - might be a small inconvenience, but it's a small inconvenience for 3,000 people to benefit how many?

Simples.

Trashbat - I think the majority of people agree some of the abuse Scally gets can be over the top. Some will blame Scally for everything but equally it appears some will defend him whatever he does aswell. Its become a bit Brexit like with some becoming either 100% for or against Scally and it's tedious.

I'm grateful we still have a club to support post covid, I don't chant "Scally out" at matches, I think Scally has done some great things for Gills (mostly around 15/20 years ago admittedly) and some things not so good.

Some people have tweeted that they work 8-2 so now can't make the game, I think they have a right to be annoyed don't you?

I wasn't happy with the short notice KO time change without an explanation, my inconvenience as I was looking forward to the United vs City match in the factory with a few beers (now gonna miss the 2nd half) when that money was gonna go to the club. That doesn't make me a "Scally outer muppet" šŸ™„ just a bit frustrated with the decision and think it does lack a bit of respect on this occasion to Gills fans who've already purchased tickets.

& no I don't think missing the 2nd half of the Manchester derby/extra hour in the factory is the end of the world šŸ‘šŸ» but we are allowed constructive criticism.

Trashbat - I think the majority of people agree some of the abuse Scally gets can be over the top. Some will blame Scally for everything but equally it appears some will defend him whatever he does aswell. Its become a bit Brexit like with some becoming either 100% for or against Scally and it's tedious.

I'm grateful we still have a club to support post covid, I don't chant "Scally out" at matches, I think Scally has done some great things for Gills (mostly around 15/20 years ago admittedly) and some things not so good.

Some people have tweeted that they work 8-2 so now can't make the game, I think they have a right to be annoyed don't you?

I wasn't happy with the short notice KO time change without an explanation, my inconvenience as I was looking forward to the United vs City match in the factory with a few beers (now gonna miss the 2nd half) when that money was gonna go to the club. That doesn't make me a "Scally outer muppet" šŸ™„ just a bit frustrated with the decision and think it does lack a bit of respect on this occasion to Gills fans who've already purchased tickets.

& no I don't think missing the 2nd half of the Manchester derby/extra hour in the factory is the end of the world šŸ‘šŸ» but we are allowed constructive criticism.
Just one question, where do I get one of those jobs where you work 8-2? I'd be able to go to see the Gills more. When it's a normal 3o/c kick off of course šŸ˜‰

Just one question, where do I get one of those jobs where you work 8-2? I'd be able to go to see the Gills more. When it's a normal 3o/c kick off of course šŸ˜‰
Quite a few people have to work Saturday on rota or when there company demands .Fortunately I still have options.People like yourself often don't .Especially the supply chains have been forced to work long and more flexible hours. That could well be one of the things that is slowly impacting on crowd numbers and season tickets. Twenty years ago far more people knew where they stood as regards working hours.

I suppose that all the people who can now come to the match because it finishes an hour earlier will go some way to offsetting all the people who can now not come to the match because it starts an hour earlier.

That people can actually talk about the scheduling of a Gills fixture in terms of its constricting their ability to watch another football match on television suggests to me the full extent of the moral depravity into which the nation has sunk post-Brexit. Think it, perhaps, but to have the bald face lack of decorum to actually come out and say it, and on a Gills site -shocking.

Last edited:
8 till 2
Bugger that. šŸ˜‚
I'm working 8 to 12 tomorrow, not because I have to or need the money, but because my team is so busy I want to help out my manager. With lunch and travel, 2pm is too much of a rush around for me. I'm not saying I would definitely have gone, but at 3pm it was under consideration.

I might be prissy about stuff like this, but I think once you have arranged something you should stick to it. If I have arranged something with person A, and something better comes along with person B, I would stick with the original arrangement. I know a lot of people would bail and do the second thing, and they are probably the people that do better in life.

The time change shows Gillingham fans are treated as a commodity / asset rather than individual people.

I'll reserve judgement until we find out (if we ever do) the reason for the change and who changed it.

I am not so concerned as to why - more around the handling of the communication.

This is a fair point - and I do suspect that theyā€™ll be some people who miss the comms through little fault of their own.

But, like VG said, there are quite a few people who are jumping on this opportunity to simply have a moan...

3x6 has basically said: ā€œI probably wasnā€™t going to go to the match whether it was a 2pm or a 3pm kick off - but I am still going to complain that I canā€™t go to the match because it is a 2pm kick-off!ā€ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Someone else has moaned that theyā€™re still able to make the match but theyā€™re outraged because it is discourteous to change the time. FFS.

I'll reserve judgement until we find out (if we ever do) the reason for the change and who changed it.
It is a home game so i can't believe for one moment that Cheltenham changed the time.They could have requested it but surely even though it is a cup game it has to be ours to change first and foremost.

It is a home game so i can't believe for one moment that Cheltenham changed the time.They could have requested it but surely even though it is a cup game it has to be ours to change first and foremost.

FWIW I think that it is a very good idea executed badly.

I think that PS has slashed the prices to attract families - but then realised that itā€™s Fireworks Night and wanted to avoid a conflict.

This is a fair point - and I do suspect that theyā€™ll be some people who miss the comms through little fault of their own.

But, like VG said, there are quite a few people who are jumping on this opportunity to simply have a moan...

3x6 has basically said: ā€œI probably wasnā€™t going to go to the match whether it was a 2pm or a 3pm kick off - but I am still going to complain that I canā€™t go to the match because it is a 2pm kick-off!ā€ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Someone else has moaned that theyā€™re still able to make the match but theyā€™re outraged because it is discourteous to change the time. FFS.

No you are right. It doesn't affect me personally, so I don't really care. I will remember it though next time someone moans that not enough people are attending games