Sack Race | Page 18 | Vital Football

Sack Race

The odds are against it, though, aren't they?

The summer break is around 3 months long, and the transfer window longer, with players either at the end of their contacts or entering the final year and maybe refusing to sign a new one, so their clubs will be making a final attempt to claw back some value. Much more realistic.

In the January window I would guess that 99% of strikers will be under at least a remaining 18 month contract if they have a value in goals. Otherwise, they will be free agents and available now.

Unless BG is increasing the budget substantially from the summer, how would we be in a better position comparatively?
We`ll see. No-one is saying it`s easy but that`s why clubs who can afford one, hire a full time Head of Recruitment. If the need to acquire a significant forward or two, is deemed necessary, our Head of Recruitment will already be on the case and no doubt pretty busy watching potential loans and other categories of signings. I want Hess to succeed, it`s important for our club.

We`ll see. No-one is saying it`s easy but that`s why clubs who can afford one, hire a full time Head of Recruitment. If the need to acquire a significant forward or two, is deemed necessary, our Head of Recruitment will already be on the case and no doubt pretty busy watching potential loans and other categories of signings. I want Hess to succeed, it`s important for our club.
Yes, maybe loans will be the way to go as there may be players, particularly youngsters, who have not been getting a look in for the first half of the season and their clubs realise they would benefit from a loan spell. :thumbup:

Is Hess part time or full time?

Yes, maybe loans will be the way to go as there may be players, particularly youngsters, who have not been getting a look in for the first half of the season and their clubs realise they would benefit from a loan spell. :thumbup:
I don't feel League 2 is the place for youngsters on loan, to many big defenders that would bully them. Can't see them being able to cope with some of the treatment handed out to Bonne or Nichols.

I don't feel League 2 is the place for youngsters on loan, to many big defenders that would bully them. Can't see them being able to cope with some of the treatment handed out to Bonne or Nichols.
Unless they are physically built like a brick shithouse 😂
I remember a lad on loan at Lincoln a few seasons back who was really strong. From Everton I think.

Burton Albion sack their manager after losing to BFSE team at home.
Gotta say, Stevenage are exceeding expectations.
Well done big fellah.

Burton Albion sack their manager after losing to BFSE team at home.
Gotta say, Stevenage are exceeding expectations.
Well done big fellah.

They are in promotion form - unbeaten in eight (W5D3). Don`t score a lot of goals but tend to score first and hang on to a lead.
But, can they last the pace ?

Still time to sack Clemence and get Harris back in for our own 'New Manager Bounce'.*

*Small joke at the GFC bedwetters expense.
Apologies for any offence taken obvs!

An unusual decision to remove a coach with no experience and replace him with another coach with no experience.
Deeney knows football but can he manage.
I am surprised, given the last two failures also had no experience.