Rugby | Vital Football

Rugby

NathanH_GFC

Vital 1st Team Regular
For all the shit that gets talked about on here, I can’t believe no one has mentioned the rugby - or have I missed it?

Great but not as good as the scoreline suggests. Gave away too many penalties. Thought New Zealand were awesome and we'll have to step up several gears next week.

Certainly not complaining and I loved the game.

Dreading Wales winning it. Their fans will be like the Scousers if Liverpool win the Prem. Anyone but them, please.

Ps, I wish footballers behaved like rugby players re:
Not arguing with the ref.
Not pretending to be injured/fouled.

Those two issues blight our lovely game imo.

Last edited:
No chance of any Northern hemisphere nation winning it.

Unfortunately we now have a week of England ands it's over hyped coach, imported players and one dimensional supporters going on and on about the All Blacks and their "cheating".
As we showed yesterday theirs our way of playing the game then theirs everyone else. Go the might AB's. (Now waits for posts of derision)

(Now waits for posts of derision)
Ill start then. Fucking hell how can you be so critical. Do you even watch or follow rugby?

Weve beaten what we need to comfortably through the tournement. Of course NZ is another type of test now. Would be the final if we werent in their side of the draw. We might not win but weve done far better than thd last world cup.

P.s. *there's

P.p.s. interesting for an all black to throw stones from glass houses regarding imported players.

Last edited:
For all the shit that gets talked about on here, I can’t believe no one has mentioned the rugby - or have I missed it?
I thought about posting something but i dont think many enjoy it on here.

Ive just got back from our local rugby club, after being there since 8am. Watched us take apart the aussies (a scoreline which i think flattered us but we did the job in 3rd gear), followed by the irish being ripped a new one by kiwis. Then the thurrock 4ths against the kx steelers (the only gay team in london), and then the 1sts also. Great day of rugby.

My poor son got taken to the gills vs peterborough game while we were watching some good rugby.

Ill start then. Fucking hell how can you be so critical. Do you even watch or follow rugby?

Weve beaten what we need to comfortably through the tournement. Of course NZ is another type of test now. Would be the final if we werent in their side of the draw. We might not win but weve done far better than thd last world cup.
England have adapted their play for each game; they've avoided any red/yellow cards and have avoided any serious injury. On a serious note, we have about two hours more rest time than NZ.

P.s. *there's

P.p.s. interesting for an all black to throw stones from glass houses regarding imported players.

The All Blacks have the more"home" grown payers than people accept. Their "heritage" is the tool used to say we're importing "islanders".
Look at Japan's squad for example. Also England couldn't wait to get Brad Shields in their set up. No sooner had we released him from his NZ Rugby contract he became a "English man"

I think you are tryi g to stir up an unnecessary barney Kura.

I've great respect for Kiwi sportsmen/women and don't think I'm alone amongst England fans. However, I don't believe the English fans or media particularly claim that the AB's are cheats any more than it seems all nations claim such stuff about eachother from time to time.

Imo what should have been the final is next week. Please beat Wales if you and they get through.

Pot and Kettle on foreigners.

The All Blacks have the more"home" grown payers than people accept. Their "heritage" is the tool used to say we're importing "islanders".
Look at Japan's squad for example. Also England couldn't wait to get Brad Shields in their set up. No sooner had we released him from his NZ Rugby contract he became a "English man"
Brad sheids? Not even in our squad.

Go on then...name one of these players that started today that isnt a 'true englishman'? Ive added the team for you below. Which of these are foreign imports then?

The only players you can even nearly claim are mako and billy ...who both lived in england from the age of 8 and 9 respectively. English enough for me. They were schooled and trained in britain and largely england. Now lets look at the pacific islanders influences in the nz team? No thought not!

Sad kiwi. Odd to find you on a gfc website.

Screenshot_20191019-225614_Samsung Internet.jpg

So there is a Kiwi, Australian and a Samoan in that starting XV.
All the players representing the All Blacks do so under citizenship by birth, not because they've applied and be granted it.
Brad Shields was nailed on until he was injured pre tournament.

So there is a Kiwi, Australian and a Samoan in that starting XV.
All the players representing the All Blacks do so under citizenship by birth, not because they've applied and be granted it.
Brad Shields was nailed on until he was injured pre tournament.
As mentioned, they all lived in UK since very early years. The English RFU moulded them all - unlike your stolen Maori's. Heinz is the only one who's really qualified through the residency status in what I would say is a fairly questionable fashion i.e. only lived in UK for about 4 years. He's only a bit part sub and i think we'd be just as good with Danny Care anyway, so barely worth complaining about.

I googled it and 3 of your team from yesterday were not of NZ birth. 3 more were born in NZ but eligible for both Tongan and Samoan international teams, before picking NZ (Mo'unga, Savea, Ta'avao). That's compared to our 4. So it's much the same really. And i'd add this is a relatively low percentage of non-kiwi NZs for once. It's probably why you're all of a sudden got an issue with it and calling it out. My point about glass houses certainly still holds very true.

It's quite amusing to see a Kiwi moaning about other nations taking too many foreigners at last. Must be scared, i reckon. It's the best compliment we can get really that you're already priming your excuses, just in case.

We all know you are favourites next week - but we have a decent chance. But you come across as incredibly bitter and scared in your post attacking the English team and the good solid performance yesterday. Its a joy to behold really. No doubt you'll be crying about us having more rest time before the Australia match next week also.

Back to the original post then - yes a good solid win. Pressured them into making lots of mistakes. Sets up next week brilliantly. It's a shame it won't be a final.