Royal Family | Page 87 | Vital Football

Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a fact, it will never go away and i hate it as much as anyone else, i was running a pub in tipton, back in the early 90s, a bomb had gone off,
and a local mob, came in, one said the gaffers irish aint he, i thought i was in for it, but luckily i knew one of them, and i heard him say,,hes alright though and they went away, lucky because they had wrecked mad orourkes pie factory, just before. lifes full of ups and downs, you just have to get up and dust yer self down,,,seanie

I got told to "take my **** kids and go back to Ireland" I just looked at the person as if they were mad.

This had come about as I had called my 3rd child name down the street which is clearly Irish.

I looked at her and said "I was born here, I'm not Irish. That's their dad. Has my children are half English half Irish how do you plan to do that? Chop them in half"

Another one where I worked said at coffee break said "they all need to go back to Ireland"

I said "really" she went bright red and said those words "I don't mean your family" I rolled my eyes and went back to work.

Loads of incidents like that. When the GG agreement was put in place it all died down. It them turned on Islam. Certain sections of society will always do hate

This is another one of those things Pangloss that I find gets misinterpreted by both sides. You don't need to be out in your daily life finding and eliminating racism. However, it is saying if you are sitting with a friend and they drop the N-word or do some sort of joke about Asian people's eyes then you speak up. A lot of people don't.

I know when people say actively fighting they do mean doing more than that too so I get it.

My issue with all this stuff is its either unrealistic or its like Telephone and the original idea deviates away from what was intended.
This is absolutely correct in terms of sentiment but I don't buy this as a definition. I kind of see this as a scramble to redefine/ lighten an expression that is clearly quite incendiary. Sort of like how people try to redefine what 'defund the police' means because it's clearly not a palatable enough of a statement to get the message over.

I think the expression of if you're not actively fighting racism you're complicit is unhelpful. It's bandied about a lot by people who are effectively left wing extremists.

This is absolutely correct in terms of sentiment but I don't buy this as a definition. I kind of see this as a scramble to redefine/ lighten an expression that is clearly quite incendiary. Sort of like how people try to redefine what 'defund the police' means because it's clearly not a palatable enough of a statement to get the message over.

I think the expression of if you're not actively fighting racism you're complicit is unhelpful. It's bandied about a lot by people who are effectively left wing extremists.

I am not a left wing extremist, and I use it. Your generalisation here is symptomatic of the problem. The way we feel the need t label everyone.

This traces back to the French Revolution, in many ways, where this labelling was supposed to be eradicated.

I saw a Tweet from a British Nationalist, that contained obvious lies, targeted at a black women. To me, that is racist, and the person that posted it here needs to consider why they did it. I really can't see the problem with this.

I got told to "take my **** kids and go back to Ireland" I just looked at the person as if they were mad.

This had come about as I had called my 3rd child name down the street which is clearly Irish.

I looked at her and said "I was born here, I'm not Irish. That's their dad. Has my children are half English half Irish how do you plan to do that? Chop them in half"

Another one where I worked said at coffee break said "they all need to go back to Ireland"

I said "really" she went bright red and said those words "I don't mean your family" I rolled my eyes and went back to work.

Loads of incidents like that. When the GG agreement was put in place it all died down. It them turned on Islam. Certain sections of society will always do hate

yes i was lucky that day, one of the guys played football for tipton town, who i was involved with at the time, but i had a great up bringlng in aston, which i am very grateful for and will never forget,,seanie

I see, so you are OK with racist tweet being posted? You think we shouldn't challenge this when we see it?

I think your labelling of some posters on here as being racist is a bit off base, it's one thing to challenge, which is fine, it's another to resort to the labelling them as racists when that isn't at all clear, especially when this is something you're apparently against doing based on your above post.

If they post racist ideology, why shouldn't I call them racist? Am I being censored?
This is completely different to your blanket claim about left wing extremists. It's a label based in fact.

Whenever somebody claims they were racially abused, some here look to discredit that person. It's their first thought. They obviously go looking for it. Now, if that isn't racist, what is it?

I didn't make a blanket claim, I said that expression is used by a lot of left wing extremists not that it is a term exclusive to them. This is quite simple comprehension.

You're not being censored at all, there's no need to get so insecure. From my perspective I simply took issue with the claim you made about not being active = complicit. Only CDX offered any sort of actual attempt to debate on that.

I don't exactly agree with Sil's points and I said that before but it's quite a reach to label him as a racist.

I didn't make a blanket claim, I said that expression is used by a lot of left wing extremists not that it is a term exclusive to them. This is quite simple comprehension.

You're not being censored at all, there's no need to get so insecure. From my perspective I simply took issue with the claim you made about not being active = complicit. Only CDX offered any sort of actual attempt to debate on that.

I don't exactly agree with Sil's points and I said that before but it's quite a reach to label him as a racist.

I need someone to explain to me how it's not racist to target someone, and smear their name, whenever a claim they have been subjected to racism is made?

As this is the Royal Family Thread I thought I would post this in here.
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan are being paid a reported $100 million by Netflix to throw mud. Netflix expect a big return on their investment and even if it only borders on the truth they will include it because some of the mud will stick.
I dont have Netflix but if I did I certainly would not waste a few hours of my life watching such crap.

As this is the Royal Family Thread I thought I would post this in here.
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan are being paid a reported $100 million by Netflix to throw mud. Netflix expect a big return on their investment and even if it only borders on the truth they will include it because some of the mud will stick.
I dont have Netflix but if I did I certainly would not waste a few hours of my life watching such crap.

None of this interests me at all. It's tabloid journalism. It also just gives ammunition to those misogynists that want to claim Meghan is leading Harry astray. He's a grown man, and quite capable of making his own decisions.

Last edited:
Yes, think the rest of the stuff, after nudges by both MF and me, can go to PM or anywhere else.

Thanks for putting it back on track Astonion.
Fair enough, I was in the middle of responding but point taken. Going massively off piste given then intention of the thread.

None of this interests me at all. It's tabloid journalism. It also just gives ammunition to those misogynists that want to claim Meghan is leading Harry astray. He's a grown man, and quite capable of making his own decisions.
So it's out of the realms of possibility that Harry (a grown man) can be controlled and manipulated? So coercive control is only when men do to women?

He has done active service, and runs a very good charity for injured soldiers, I'm not sure I buy the assumption he's a pussy cat and his wife wears the trousers.

However, from whatever any of our impressions are, none of us (but them) know what goes on behind closed doors.

Both ways is more than possible, or they might actually be two adults who both agree on things

Not sure why everything is becoming so binary on here, I'd like that left to twitter really. The truth is often somewhere in the middle of all our thoughts, assertions, debates and nonsense!

Last edited:
yes i was lucky that day, one of the guys played football for tipton town, who i was involved with at the time, but i had a great up bringlng in aston, which i am very grateful for and will never forget,,seanie

i know why you are strong now, you have great determination, seanie

It's the same reason in the USA politics thread noone other than Biden lovers post there. Because anything negative towards biden just gets a bombardment of attacks by the chosen few.

We don't have a chosen few on Vital Villa, just to be clear!

Not totally sure there are that many Biden lovers here either are there? I know Heath/and you/sill fight your ground debate wise (or argument wise at times as they don't really look like debates) But not sure there is anyone else who has much to say about Biden et al? I rarely go in that thread now, nor does MF, because we've all but given up on the way these so called debates are held now.

But just wanted to make clear, and probably don't need to and I know you weren't accusing MF and me, that we don't have a chosen few on here.

I hope people have noticed, robust though I can be, I like different opinions, they challenge me and it is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.