Royal Family | Page 27 | Vital Football

Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't watch it. With the family and Grandchildren yesterday. Seen enough of the media vitriol, sensationalist headlines and bile by the trash media and people's comments to last me a lifetime.

Also a personal note. It took me back to when David passed. I felt for the Queen as I know the lonely path she will walk now. Really hit me yesterday seeing her picture for my own grief

Wanted to throw something at the media with their ridiculous headlines of "We stand with you Mam" blah blah blah. No you don't. It's all about clickbait

Unless you been there with losing your life partner you don't get it. Grief is never done with. It changes shape has time moves forward. Grief is the price of love

Only one think I can think of worse which you can work out. I won't say it

Didn't watch it. With the family and Grandchildren yesterday. Seen enough of the media vitriol, sensationalist headlines and bile by the trash media and people's comments to last me a lifetime.

Also a personal note. It took me back to when David passed. I felt for the Queen as I know the lonely path she will walk now. Really hit me yesterday seeing her picture for my own grief

Wanted to throw something at the media with their ridiculous headlines of "We stand with you Mam" blah blah blah. No you don't. It's all about clickbait

Unless you been there with losing your life partner you don't get it. Grief is never done with. It changes shape has time moves forward. Grief is the price of love

Only one think I can think of worse which you can work out. I won't say it

There’s a lot of truth with what you say kef about the media and headline sensationalism.

I’m not overly fussed about the royal family especially Harry and Meghnlike your good self, but I read a headline by a “royal expert” who claims shameful tantrums by Harry and Andrew.

I saw another on social media which was long the lines of “Harry to fly back to Meghan straight after funeral”... what else is he supposed to do?!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14661704/prince-harry-andrews-shameful-tantrums/

Everything that is wrong with the media in 2021.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56788998

Saw Nicholas Witchell speaking on the news last night and thought that he spoke the biggest load of nonsense that you could wish to hear. Trying to make out that Prince William wasn't keen to talk to Harry afterwards as if he would know. Seemed to me like they were having a perfectly amicable chat anyway.

Saw Nicholas Witchell speaking on the news last night and thought that he spoke the biggest load of nonsense that you could wish to hear. Trying to make out that Prince William wasn't keen to talk to Harry afterwards as if he would know. Seemed to me like they were having a perfectly amicable chat anyway.
Ditto. Embarrassing really, could have been a Sun or Daily Fail journo if you didn't know who he was.

There’s a lot of truth with what you say kef about the media and headline sensationalism.

I’m not overly fussed about the royal family especially Harry and Meghnlike your good self, but I read a headline by a “royal expert” who claims shameful tantrums by Harry and Andrew.

I saw another on social media which was long the lines of “Harry to fly back to Meghan straight after funeral”... what else is he supposed to do?!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14661704/prince-harry-andrews-shameful-tantrums/

Oh no (Harry flying straight back to Megan) he hasn't. According to the London Evening Standard Harry has gone back to stay in a house called Frogmore to finish his isolation as he has to do 10 days before flying home. He was allowed out for the funeral on compassionate grounds

Then we have another media outlet with the headline "The Queen is grieving" No bloody **** Sherlock. There was us thinking she was having a blast

One good reason alone for the monarchy to go is the media can't drivel on about them.

"Charles was crying" screamed another headline: never why would that be?

They need to employ better headline makers! If only one of these so called journalists would pick up the mantel, and realise that people in this country are grieving past and present.

Seeing the raw grief of the Queen will have bought back so many memories for many people as it did for me

The journalist could make some good out of this. Talk to people about grief, talk to CRUSE Bereavement services and get some helpful articles in the media instead of when is Harry flying home or going to a house 🙄

I won't hold my breath

I won't read any of them. But not surprised by the headlines.

A son, crying at the passing of his departed father... unbelievable really. No heart at all even talking about it in a report. Be more unusual if a human being didn't cry at such a thing, surely.

All so mawkish.

Harry did serve twice on the front line in Afghanistan. He is probably the only one there with a right to wear them having been on the front line
Prince Andrew flew helicopters in The Falklands War, Harry had a platoon of Gurkhas guarding him and a few regiment lads scattered nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.