Royal Family | Page 25 | Vital Football

Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read the article that Mr F posted and thought the same thing. Glad you posted this as was going to ask. So basically if I watch live sky sports, for example , I still have to pay.
I would also add that even if you get Sky via Nowtv, which is internet, you still need to pay.

The TV comes down to watching live or recording live. Find a way around that with legal repeat streaming and you're kosher. But it's a lot of work, it comes down record something live on Sky in it's appointed time slot as opposed to recording/watching it on a repeat and the semantics being a repeat cannot be live as it's already aired etc etc.

It's a misnomber thinking the licence is all about the BBC, it's mostly about them but others get a share as well to ensure news coverage/public access etc.

As for Get Him To The Greek - he's majorly offensive (these days) but I've never seen malice. He's old school, matter of fact, dry/dark humour, wryly ironic and so on but also a stickler for protocol at points.

The only things I can throw at him are hunting whilst being involved in the WWF, but it's different times and there is a class of hunting that physically pays for wider animal protection and him banging on about the Royals deserving more money for what they did - although that was yonks ago and he got in lockstep I believe with them being overpaid in effect.

The BBC has received 100,000 complaints from members of the public over its coverage of the Duke of Edinburgh's death, according to the Sun newspaper.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56721078
Quite rightly so. Absolutely no need to show EXACTLY the same guff on BBC1 AND BBC2 AND BBC News Channel, as well as doing the same across the radio channels.

Maybe one of the main channels, but we have a dedicated news channel, so why not just put it there for those interested enough to can do their entire Friday to listen to endless platitudes for a 99-year old man who (expectedly, let’s be honest) passed away?

The BBC has received 100,000 complaints from members of the public over its coverage of the Duke of Edinburgh's death, according to the Sun newspaper.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56721078

Piers Morgan shamed again! He got the highest amount of complaints ever, with 57,0000. Then a week later Prince Phillip puts him to shame 🤣

Seeing as Piers as spent the last few years bunny boiling over Megan I find the irony funny that it's another royal who has put him back in his place again 😏

Quite rightly so. Absolutely no need to show EXACTLY the same guff on BBC1 AND BBC2 AND BBC News Channel, as well as doing the same across the radio channels.

Maybe one of the main channels, but we have a dedicated news channel, so why not just put it there for those interested enough to can do their entire Friday to listen to endless platitudes for a 99-year old man who (expectedly, let’s be honest) passed away?

This!

Boot main programmes to BBC 2/3/4 and I wouldn't have batted an eyelid at rolling coverage on BB1/News, but everywhere and then cancelling 3/4 was an utter nonsense.

No uniforms to be worn at Philips funeral so that poor little Harry wont feel left out. Aah.

Apparently BB he has been stripped of his right to wear his Honorary uniforms.
Earlier this year, Prince Harry was stripped of his honorary military titles. According to The Daily Mail, this means he cannot wear any of his military uniforms to the events for which such would be customary. That said, he might still be able to wear his medals to the funeral.
The above is from In Style magazine.

In Style isn't a magazine I often read. I think all of the Royal protocol stuff goes over my head.

Ultimate humiliation for being a sexual predator of underage girls there for Andrew! He’s lucky he isn’t sat in a US jail cell though. I guess you double down on the challenge of guilt

There should be no honorary military titles, medals, or uniforms. Full stop.

There should also be no hereditary peers. But that''s another subject.

Honours should be earned, not just given for what family you are born into.

Apparently BB he has been stripped of his right to wear his Honorary uniforms.
Earlier this year, Prince Harry was stripped of his honorary military titles. According to The Daily Mail, this means he cannot wear any of his military uniforms to the events for which such would be customary. That said, he might still be able to wear his medals to the funeral.
The above is from In Style magazine.

Honorary only, can't stop him wearing dress having been a serving member nor earnt medals.

The irony being, for all the dress bluster, the only two entitled to wear them anyway would be Harry and SirSweatsSoLittle.

Always puzzled me when Prince Charles turns up in full uniform with a row of medals on his chest despite never having seen action as far as I am aware.

Glad it's not a fancy dress funeral though.

I couldn't do it personally, I am sure many of us couldn't. I would, as a Royal, refuse, as those who earn their medals REALLY earn them, from their bravery (although still a lot of old school tie stuff connected with that as well... my granddad was to be awarded a medal, he was one of the 1st off as a marine, in dunkirk, but it got cancelled in favour of a posh nob instead! There is a redacted letter all about it!)

I couldn't do it personally, I am sure many of us couldn't. I would, as a Royal, refuse, as those who earn their medals REALLY earn them, from their bravery (although still a lot of old school tie stuff connected with that as well... my granddad was to be awarded a medal, he was one of the 1st off as a marine, in dunkirk, but it got cancelled in favour of a posh nob instead! There is a redacted letter all about it!)

Yes , my Uncle was at Dunkirk and lost a leg there. He never bothered to get his medal and never spoke about it , yet Charles wears a full deck of them for nothing,

Status
Not open for further replies.