Royal Family | Page 24 | Vital Football

Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL granted you have a bit of experience on me chuck, the Express has always been a joke 'Oh Diana' and the Daily Mail was the newspaper of choice as I grew up and even back then it was the source of my arguments with folks.

The press have undoubtedly got worse though and Leveson has changed nothing. It's all about clicks now = money. News should never be about profit, it's bigger than that. It's why I criticise the BBC BUT defend them. Whatever their bias is, it's not bias based on owners or paymasters ala Fox, Sky, C4 (who actually punch above their weight in my humble).

Even local rags are more reliant on advertisers now (given the interweb) so it can inevitable skew coverage...go for the shock, emotive, instant reaction news as opposed to proper news. The fact the likes of the Guardian kick out unedited. unsourced and non fact checked opinion pieces as real news is a fucking disgrace.

The truth is news has become about money rather than news - there's a reason Journal is in Journalism - it's supposed to be an honest take. Not invented shit or angst to rile people up.

:mad::censor:

I should stop there!

Oh and I should also say I've had Emi Martinez matching Brad Friedel's 15 clean sheets in a season templated since March lol

It's why I criticise the BBC BUT defend them. Whatever their bias is, it's not bias based on owners or paymasters ala Fox, Sky, C4 (who actually punch above their weight in my humble).
Thats even worse Mike, I dont have to subscribe to the other garbage, but have to support the shitty BBC whether I want to or not.
Let those that want to watch BBC pay for the BBC.

Thats even worse Mike, I dont have to subscribe to the other garbage, but have to support the shitty BBC whether I want to or not.
Let those that want to watch BBC pay for the BBC.

Don't watch it, don't pay. Sorted.

Next...

You DON'T have to pay (unless you're watching BBC iPlayer) ... You only need a TV licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast or use iPlayer – if you only use other catch-up sites, you don't need one.1 Apr 2021

Do I need a TV licence?: 20+ TV licence fee tips - Money ...

Don't watch it, don't pay. Sorted.

Next...

You DON'T have to pay (unless you're watching BBC iPlayer) ... You only need a TV licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast or use iPlayer – if you only use other catch-up sites, you don't need one.1 Apr 2021
Do I need a TV licence?: 20+ TV licence fee tips - Money ...
No its not sorted.
If it were as simple as not watching BBC millions would have stopped paying the licence tax years ago, but the fact is if you want to watch any other channel you have to pay the BBC.

There is a reason for this post. Its not for more tiresome posts on him. I've spent the last 2 days hiding posts on my F.B I lost count after a 100.

I expect you will want to merge this with William and Harry helping. Maybe it needs retitled the Royal Family. Just a thought.

Anyway this post is to add in a couple of decent articles I spotted on Phillip Young life which made interesting reading.

Its not the rubbish stuff bogging our every step on TV, radio and the www.

The first one is

🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷

Smuggled out of Greece in an orange crate: Prince Phillip traumatic childhood

🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷

Prince Philip may have been of noble birth but he suffered an unorthodox and turbulent childhood. The Duke was born in June 1921 on the kitchen table of the family home in Corfu and formally known as Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark. He was the fifth child and only son of Princess Alice – a great granddaughter of Queen Victoria – and Prince Andrew. His father was away serving with the Greek army in the Greco-Turkish war when Prince Philip was born

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/09/smuggled-out-of-greece-in-an-orange-crate-prince-philips-childhood

Dad worked with a few of the navy officers who worked on HMY Britannia when in the marines. They said when Phillip was in one of his moods, his language and conduct was appalling. They didn't over mind, because they got paid more, but still, the contempt the grandfather of the nation had was clear.

And when in Malta, swelteringly hot, they were meant to be in summer uniform, but Phil The Greek insisted they were in full military dress, in passing out heat, because it suited him. The marines got their own back, they told the locals if they all turned up to see him, they'd boycott their shops and bars (they relied on the income) so he had a low turn out.

He sounds lovely to me.

From the RIP thread

QUOTE from JuanPabloAngel,
Remembering Phil the Greek...

Plenty more where these came from :oops:

https://inews.co.uk/light-relief/jo...f-edinburgh-birthday-98-gaffes-98-years-10305

“If you stay here much longer, you will go home with slitty eyes,” he remarked to 21-year-old British student Simon Kerby during a visit to China in 1986.

“Do you still throw spears at each other?” he asked Aboriginal leader William Brin at the Aboriginal Cultural Park in Queensland in 2002.

“Do people trip over you?” he asked a wheelchair-bound nursing-home resident in 2002.

“Who do you sponge off?” he asked women at a community centre in Barking and Dagenham in 2015.

“Are you all one family?” he asked of multi-ethnic dance troupe Diversity at the Royal Variety Performance in 2009.

From the RIP thread

https://inews.co.uk/light-relief/jo...f-edinburgh-birthday-98-gaffes-98-years-10305

“If you stay here much longer, you will go home with slitty eyes,” he remarked to 21-year-old British student Simon Kerby during a visit to China in 1986.

“Do you still throw spears at each other?” he asked Aboriginal leader William Brin at the Aboriginal Cultural Park in Queensland in 2002.

“Do people trip over you?” he asked a wheelchair-bound nursing-home resident in 2002.

“Who do you sponge off?” he asked women at a community centre in Barking and Dagenham in 2015.

“Are you all one family?” he asked of multi-ethnic dance troupe Diversity at the Royal Variety Performance in 2009.
He was a tinker, wasn’t he? Or a massively outspoken racist.

You decide :hmmm:

From the RIP thread

Read an interview with the Aboriginal leader he spoke to or a member of the group (can’t remember which) but said it was out of context reporting and there was no offence. They were preparing for a show they were giving to the Queen and Phillip part of which was the spear throwing . Phillip happened to see them practising when he arrived at the show and when he met them later on is when he made the comment about them throwing spears. i.e referring to seeing them practising earlier .

Also . There were four sets of siblings in Diversity. Is that such a strange question if that was the context ?.

Better press to turn them into a racist context.

Maybe they all were , maybe some were, some were not. No idea . Wasn’t there.

No its not sorted.
If it were as simple as not watching BBC millions would have stopped paying the licence tax years ago, but the fact is if you want to watch any other channel you have to pay the BBC.

I just read the article that Mr F posted and thought the same thing. Glad you posted this as was going to ask. So basically if I watch live sky sports, for example , I still have to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.