Rolling Results 21/22 | Page 128 | Vital Football

Rolling Results 21/22

Melbourne City are trying to defend their A-League crown against Western United, but, there was to be no fairy tale comeback. City were never at the races in spite of a late rally and lost 0-2. The own goal after 2 mins killed them.

Melbourne City are trying to defend their A-League crown against Western United, but, there was to be no fairy tale comeback. City were never at the races in spite of a late rally and lost 0-2. The own goal after 2 mins killed them.

Thanks for the update JK, pity they could not get back on terms

Matthew Howarth Liverpool reporter

Full-time verdict: Liverpool
Had it not been for Courtois, Liverpool would be celebrating a seventh European Cup win. The Belgian was simply sensational, producing save after save to keep the likes of Salah and Mané at bay. Klopp and his players have enjoyed an outstanding campaign domestically and in Europe, but it’s a huge shame it has to end in the most painful of defeats.

Joe Walker Real Madrid reporter

Full-time verdict: Real Madrid
What can you say? Madrid just know how to win finals. They get the job done, by hook or by crook, and thanks to Courtois and VinĂ­cius they are 14-time European champions. Ever since they took the lead, they didn't look like losing and kept Liverpool at arm's length. Chapeau, as they say round these parts.

Ajax go into pot one of CL seeding as Madrid qualify twice - as champions, and as champions of Spain.

When that happens, the next country down (Netherlands) in seeding steps up.

Liverpool join Chelsea in pot two, not sure about Spurs.

Matthew Howarth Liverpool reporter

Full-time verdict: Liverpool
Had it not been for Courtois, Liverpool would be celebrating a seventh European Cup win. The Belgian was simply sensational, producing save after save to keep the likes of Salah and Mané at bay. Klopp and his players have enjoyed an outstanding campaign domestically and in Europe, but it’s a huge shame it has to end in the most painful of defeats.

Joe Walker Real Madrid reporter

Full-time verdict: Real Madrid
What can you say? Madrid just know how to win finals. They get the job done, by hook or by crook, and thanks to Courtois and VinĂ­cius they are 14-time European champions. Ever since they took the lead, they didn't look like losing and kept Liverpool at arm's length. Chapeau, as they say round these parts.

Buzz's verdict
Real Madrid had the harder path to the Final, whilst this was Liverpool's first serious challenge (I am sure Liverpool fans will be calling for 2 legged finals in order to trash the visitors bus) and sadly Real Madrid know how to win Cup games

Kickoff delayed for possible trouble outside the stadium with Dipper supporters.
Heysel 1985. Hillsborough 1989. Paris 2022.

One common denominator. One club’s fans involved each time. Pattern anyone?

Doubtless they will play the usual victim card - they will blame the officials (UEFA & Stade de France) but NOT the fans that travelled without tickets or those who were gullible enough to pay money for fake tickets. Won’t be their fault at all will it?

There were problems at the Liverpool™failed end trying to get into the game where thousands had bought fake tickets, but I think these fans travelled to France without tickets and unwittingly bought the tickets(fake) outside the ground, but the Dips are well known for trying to get into a ground without tickets and teared gassed them all, I can imagine what the press would have made of that had it happened here luckily no-one was seriously injured yet

There were problems at the Liverpool™failed end trying to get into the game where thousands had bought fake tickets, but I think these fans travelled to France without tickets and unwittingly bought the tickets(fake) outside the ground, but the Dips are well known for trying to get into a ground without tickets and teared gassed them all, I can imagine what the press would have made of that had it happened here luckily no-one was seriously injured yet
There were two British clubs involved in last season’s final in Portugal - no problems like this were experienced I believe.

I hope no one was injured yesterday.

Just watching Klopp’s post match press conference and holy shit I don’t think I have heard more condescending bullshit. He waffles on and on and delivers excuse after excuse banging on about RM having only one shot on target and they had 9 :blah::blah::blah: …..and NOW we move onto the number of games they have played this season (63?).

He is SO full of shit and self pity. What a moody twat - gives NO credit to the team that beat his side. FFS

Right on cue……

The headline on the main BBC football page is “Liverpool fans want investigation into final delays”

Liverpool v Real Madrid: Champions League final kick off delayed by 'security reasons' https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61619831

they will demand hearing after hearing if the first one does not go their way, but by all accounts Liverpool were the better team, believe it or not City had the same problem.

One stupid reporter asked Klipperty what the key moments were why they were beaten, like me Klipperty could not understand the question which was bleeding obvious and we both said it together, they scored and the Dips didn't.

I learnt something new in the rules yesterday that playing someone onside is still offside, the pass has to be deliberate

Ajax go into pot one of CL seeding as Madrid qualify twice - as champions, and as champions of Spain.

When that happens, the next country down (Netherlands) in seeding steps up.

Liverpool join Chelsea in pot two, not sure about Spurs.
They are special. They will get a pot all of their own.