RIP | Page 29 | Vital Football

RIP

Sir Alf taking Bobby Charlton off to rest him for the next game was a BIG mistake in that game mi owd pal, because it allowed the Kaiser to have more freedom on the pitch instead of marking Bobby. I also think the Cat (Peter Bonetti) had a poor game. UTB
Rod the fault was in goal and at no.5 mate.

Last edited:
Sir Alf taking Bobby Charlton off to rest him for the next game was a BIG mistake in that game mi owd pal, because it allowed the Kaiser to have more freedom on the pitch instead of marking Bobby. I also think the Cat (Peter Bonetti) had a poor game. UTB
Goalkeepers Rod- I'd just started playing for the school team and he certainly wasn't one I followed much after that.

Last edited:

Bang right Rod.
I wasn't a big fan of Bonetti period.

Not just be me delivering late mail when we go on strike pal get yer xmas cards written out now
Btw im off atm so not delivering any mail 😉
Don't bother with Xmas cards,well not any that need posting mi owd pal.It's one of the benefits of not having many mates.:giggle: UTB

RIP Bernard. I've just finished watching and excellant angling series on Prime where he took part and also did the commentary. I could listen to him all day.