is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

- or put an "r" in "tolls" as a special tribute to Calvin Plummer, but we all get the point!

This is a forum in which most people know nothing about other posters (though I have personally met, and like, three of you). As a result,
(i) nuances that would be appreciated in ordinary conversation are not conveyed;
(ii) people find it easy to be rude and combative in a way that they would not be in real life;
(iii) the differences between people, rather than their shared interest and support for Nottingham Forest get highlighted.

It is very sad that Calvin Plummer has died, particularly if he was as young as some people on here seem to know, and sad that he died in the middle of disputes and bans with people on here. We should all reflect on that.

Very sad news, I never actually crossed swords with him as I don't like to get involved in on line arguments prefer to give my opinion and leave others to give theirs. I did though always look forward to his "opposition fans comments" thread on a Sunday morning which was required reading (when we won) before my Sunday lunch. Condolences to his family

Very sad news

He was a good guy. (TBF Everybody on this forum is a good guy IMO whether you get on with them or agree with them or not)

Fallouts or disagreements over football shouldn't change that. We've all got something in common and want the same things from football otherwise we wouldn't be here

In the old days as well as debating in the forum with him I used to exchange a lot of PMs with him

RIP CP

Very sad news

He was a good guy. (TBF Everybody on this forum is a good guy IMO whether you get on with them or agree with them or not)

Fallouts or disagreements over football shouldn't change that. We've all got something in common and want the same things from football otherwise we wouldn't be here

In the old days as well as debating in the forum with him I used to exchange a lot of PMs with him

RIP CP

You should probably delete those pictures now.

Status
Not open for further replies.