Retained list | Page 2 | Vital Football

Retained list

And season ticket prices too - very late this year. I appreciate that our circumstance was unknown until the last match, but that hasn't stopped Scally releasing prices early previously and trying to tempt people with a League Two prices, but potential for a League One team, scenario. Any opportunity of that has been lost now and I do wonder if some of the momentum of the NH feelgood factor with two good crowds in the last two game hasn't been capitalised on and interest may wain.

Can't seeing there being any "earlybird" deals this year. It does seem that there is quite a delay (even more so than normal) with communications this year.

In the Rotherham match programme Scally said that they had hoped to get the prices released before that match '...but were were not quite able to do so.'

So how long before we know?
Well the list had to be made available by the third Saturday in May .
This season 21st.Basically the next two weeks.
All I have seen this far is the word shortly.I am guessing this week sometime.If they have meetings they are more likely to be during the week which possibly makes Monday morning the least likely time for a announcement.
The play off finalists have until four days after their last match.The full list of players is available from the EFL on the 11th of June .It will be interesting to see how the post season goes this year.I would guess that Harris will not take a holiday or if he does it will be a short one.With so many players to sign and players to talk to then the early return to pre season their does not appear to be time.
Perhaps a few days away this week maybe most likely after any meetings perhaps today or late last week?
I think you are spot on Chris.
This is the week that each player will have a meeting with the manager and be told whether they have a future at Gills.
I’d also guess that Harris will not allow any player who he wants to retain to take too long thinking about it, which has often happened previously.
I think it will be, here’s the offer.
Accept or move on.
Obviously Tucker is a different bag of chips.
They will make him a substantial improvement to activate the clause.

Just s thought could the delay in season tickets be anything to do with the embargo?IE would there be a benefit to holding back until after we come out of embargo if indeed we are going too?
Just a theory I have no reason to believe this is true.

Surprised Chapman was released. Sithole and Linnott also surprises, but maybe Harris has seen enough in training to make a decision.

Surprised Reeves got a 2 year contract in the first place, with his injury record.

I can also understand Harris comments about some of the 7 who are in contract with us for next season. But I also can't see anyone coming in for any of those 7 either

I'd be hoping we try and get shot of Lee, Tutonda and Reeves.

Surprised Chapman wasn't offered anything.

There's plenty of time for that, I imagine they'll be made available.

NH said something along the lines of "7 are under contract but not all 7 will be here next season"

Surprised with Thompson not being offered. I’d have thought Lloyd may have, depending on fitness levels. He evidently sees more of Chapman, Sithole and Lintott in order to think they’re not up to the standard with no chance of reaching any potential.

I can imagine we’ll try and offload Ehmer, Lee and Tutonda, possibly Reeves and MacDonald too (fitness levels again?). I wonder if he thinks Woods has potential or not.

Gobsmacked at the number of folk on Facebook/Twitter that seem to have no idea. Or can’t read.

Already seen people say -

“why we getting shot of Thompson but keeping Ehmer?”.

“Why are we offering Tucker a contract? He’s off”.

“Doubt Tucker will sign”.

“Why retain Tutonda but release Jackson?”.

FFS! 3 simple headings. It’s not hard.

Surprised to see Chapman released and not offered a contract. I thought he was outstanding under NH and can't envisage that he was on a huge wedge. Shame we didn't offer Thompson a deal. Maybe he's on too much for us in League Two (especially given the rumours that Millwall helped us out with him) or maybe he's made it clear he doesn't want to play in League Two and may already be aware of suitors. Not fussed about any of the others who have left.

Please to see Mackenzie and Tucker offered deals (the latter presumably with the the Tribunal in mind). No harm in seeing what Woods is made of and offering the youngsters deals as they'll be on very little.

NH has indicated and I suspect and hope most of the seven under contract move on. Max, Reeves and Macdonald could probably do a job in League Two, but not fussed if any of the seven go really, but happy enough for O'Keefe to stay.

Surprised to see Chapman released and not offered a contract. I thought he was outstanding under NH and can't envisage that he was on a huge wedge. Shame we didn't offer Thompson a deal. Maybe he's on too much for us in League Two (especially given the rumours that Millwall helped us out with him) or maybe he's made it clear he doesn't want to play in League Two and may already be aware of suitors. Not fussed about any of the others who have left.

Please to see Mackenzie and Tucker offered deals (the latter presumably with the the Tribunal in mind). No harm in seeing what Woods is made of and offering the youngsters deals as they'll be on very little.

NH has indicated and I suspect and hope most of the seven under contract move on. Max, Reeves and Macdonald could probably do a job in League Two, but not fussed if any of the seven go really, but happy enough for O'Keefe to stay.

I like O'Keefe, he's got a bit of spirit about him.

Great shame for Lloyd to be released but fully understand that Harris could not take a chance on him being the same quality player post recovery.
Would think Harris has had a pretty comprehensive list of targets on his desk from his recruitment manager for a while now. Also presuming there is a handy keeper on that list too. Chapman should find another club pretty easily.
Let the speculation go mental!

Obviously Tucker being offered a new deal is great, but I think he’s definitely off and if we don’t offer a deal better than current deal we won’t get money for him,
As a league 2 club we won’t be a able to pay Ben T what he’s worth, I think that’s a shame, plenty of players in non league going to be available, Solihull Moors for instance have great players and NH watched them play at least once, I can’t see how anyone can moan until we see the new side.

RE - Thompson, maybe the club know what wages he wants already and know they are not in a position to match that, hence his release