Remaining Games that Matter | Page 2 | Vital Football

Remaining Games that Matter

Fair play Millwall, we have not kicked a ball today and the players should be embarrassed, Rotherham showed bottle, Millwall show bottle and should of won, Reading actually show bottle to hold a lead. Fair play to them, we don't have 10 percent of the passion they have!

Its fuck all to do with Stoke and everything to do with a team fighting for their manager, their fans and their club.

Fair play Paul Warne and Rotherham, putting our cowards to shame!

Agree completely with the admiration for Rotherham’s character. This sorry bunch are the absolute antithesis of the fighting spirit that had come to characterise Wigan Athletic over the years.

Nevertheless, I still think that with the calibre of player Stoke have on the pitch, to be unable to hold on to a 2-goal lead against 22nd in the league, at home, is a disgrace from their perspective.

Fair play Paul Warne and Rotherham, putting our cowards to shame!

As far as I can tell, the only obvious spineless people I can see associated with WAFC are the parhetic bed wetting "fans". They are the ones who should hang their heads in shame.

Could you please explain the difference between a battling 2 2 draw away at a mediocre Stoke and a battling 2 2 draw away at promotion chasing Bristol ?

As far as I can tell, the only obvious spineless people I can see associated with WAFC are the parhetic bed wetting "fans". They are the ones who should hang their heads in shame.

Could you please explain the difference between a battling 2 2 draw away at a mediocre Stoke and a battling 2 2 draw away at promotion chasing Bristol ?

We bottled a 1 0 lead and conceded two shocking goals due to an calamity of errors in Dunkley.

The judgement isn’t solely based on the Stoke and Bristol City games. Rotherham have shown more character and fight than us throughout the whole season.

Keep burying your head in the sand happy clapper.

The other 3 teams in this relegation battle are not even any good they just have a bit of basic organisation, work hard, fight for everything and have some guts things our pathetic lot completely lack in all departments.

Watch Norwich smash us tomorrow.

I cant see them 3 getting less points than us at all now fair play to all 3 of them they have buckets more bravery and never say die attitude than we have ever shown.

Every game for us now is a cup final, blood sweat and tears are required from our players now. Maybe to much to ask the way we have performed most of the season, but lets go down fighting like Rotherham, and if it does go to the last game of the season against Milwall, at least we can say we got to the last game before we depart to league 1

We finished 19 points above them last year and had a much more expensive squad this year we spent an extra 6m or so on signings and added to the wage bill while Rotherham spent nothing and struggled to attract anyone remotley half decent. We enjoyed a great start racing to 20 points in the first couple of months while Rotherham got hammered first day and had a horrible start but they clawed themselves back into it and we collapsed.

Come the end of the season points dictate who goes up and down but when you considering it will likely be one win either way that saves one of us, one bad decision, one mistake it will be the finest of margins and who luck favours. When uou look at what we had and they had and you see they have heroically over achieved to still be in with a chance of survival while we have under achieved off the scale to be in this mess. They do deserve that touch of luck more than us because of that - but i hope they don't get it.
We spent money and havnt attracted anything much better or maybe attracted worse. Remember Cook has dismantled a better squad than what we have now.

Are you lying to yourself or us when you say you can't see the difference?

Stoke were in complete control and Rotherham were out of it and they came roarig back andwould've won if the Stoke keeper wasn't saving their blushes with his MOTM performance.

At Bristol we score a wonder goal and were largely in control of a lack lustre Bristol then gave away 2 super soft goals in quick succession under no real pressure and got battered in the closing stages before scoring an undeserved equaliser against the run of play.

It feels like death by a thousand cuts. The cushion is now just one and we'll be overtaken in the near future.

Effectively we can only compete in half our games due to sheer ineptitude from all concerned away from home. The number of occasions we've had opportunities on the road to see out games and pick up crucial points will eventually come back to haunt us in the final reckoning. Meanwhile our rivals are getting the job done when it matters. Rotherhams mind set wil be spot on as they knew what fight they'd be in, whilst we've been beset by fear setting out not to lose. The difference in mentality will eventually triumph over superior quality of players I fear. Retaining Cook was a fatal error for which we'll pay a heavy price.

On occasions we have shown a fighting spirit this season, opening game against Sheffield wednesday, away to stoke, our loss at home against Derby with 10 men and our 1-0 win over West Brom.

Too often though we have folded like a deck chair and that stems from the manager. Without getting into it, his decision making is sickening. When we start to build some momentum he needlessly changes players who are in form. Either dropping them to playing them in another position or out of the team completely. Still doesn't know his best team, tactical shape or have an grasp of how to get the best from any of his players accept Reece James. Who would perform for anyone at that level in midfield. Where he simply doesn't have any weaknesses.

Not mention he clearly has favorites, which has cost us big time this season. Also his man management is worse then Rosler's, due to his inability to select or drop players required to improve our position in the league.

We have a much better team then our position shows. We spent money this season and were still 12 points behind Blackburn.

Keep burying your head in the sand happy clapper.

Guilty as charged.
Spent today in A&E with an elderly relative and subsequently (and still) on MAU awaiting a doctor and I've whiled away the hours reading the out pourings on here, people slating their own team because other teams are playing well !!I
I look at the poor buggers in here then read one of your posts and the melodic refrain of "cry me a river" pops in to my head.

Guilty as charged.
Spent today in A&E with an elderly relative and subsequently (and still) on MAU awaiting a doctor and I've whiled away the hours reading the out pourings on here, people slating their own team because other teams are playing well !!I
I look at the poor buggers in here then read one of your posts and the melodic refrain of "cry me a river" pops in to my head.
Ignore them Arthur, they are typical of the snowflakes that now abound in this country when they think it is their right that everything is for them then throw their toys out the prams when it isn't! Life is more then football and I hope your relative is feeling a lot better soon!

Ignore them Arthur, they are typical of the snowflakes that now abound in this country when they think it is their right that everything is for them then throw their toys out the prams when it isn't! Life is more then football and I hope your relative is feeling a lot better soon!
And so do i not nice any one being ill ,,,,,,,,,,It is a football site Dont think any one was being rude