Remaining Games that Matter | Page 3 | Vital Football

Remaining Games that Matter

Guilty as charged.
Spent today in A&E with an elderly relative and subsequently (and still) on MAU awaiting a doctor and I've whiled away the hours reading the out pourings on here, people slating their own team because other teams are playing well !!I
I look at the poor buggers in here then read one of your posts and the melodic refrain of "cry me a river" pops in to my head.

Let's hope your relative recovers Itis. However whilst I understand you personally putting football into context against other issues this is a football forum.

Its now abundantly clear we'll be relegated once more. Fans are understandably upset, angry and unhappy given it was entirely avoidable. We just don't have the fight and resilience our rivals do at this key time of the season and so it's time to face reality that we're going down with the Bolton.

Ignore them Arthur, they are typical of the snowflakes that now abound in this country when they think it is their right that everything is for them then throw their toys out the prams when it isn't! Life is more then football and I hope your relative is feeling a lot better soon!
Whilst you’re there be sure to see a doctor yourself. They might give you something to cure that bout of happyclapitus you’ve come down with. It’s given you a severe case of deludedness.

Whilst you’re there be sure to see a doctor yourself. They might give you something to cure that bout of happyclapitus you’ve come down with. It’s given you a severe case of deludedness.

Deluded in what respect. I haven't passed comment on the team, the current situation or the future prospects, although I admit I'm more sanguine than the majority of posters on here. I did give opinion on some of the posters on here and your latest post hasn't changed that opinion.

After seeing today’s results of the other teams down at the bottom with us, I’m really concerned now I that we’ll be back in league 1 next season. They all seem to be fighting for their lives, we seem to be going through the motions and just expecting that it’ll all be ok. Unless the players really pull together and come up with some big performances, we’ll be going down. I think it’ll be a long time before we get back to this level too, there’s a massive rebuilding job to be done with the squad in the summer.

Deluded in what respect. I haven't passed comment on the team, the current situation or the future prospects, although I admit I'm more sanguine than the majority of posters on here. I did give opinion on some of the posters on here and your latest post hasn't changed that opinion.

Arthur, I’m very sorry to hear about your relative and hope he/she recovers ASAP. Familial health and maintaining amicable relationships with family/friends are infinitely more important than football.

I hope you don’t think I’m excessively negative in terms of my views of the team. I actually think we’ll stay up, but imo we’re just making it harder for ourselves than it should be because, in the games that I’ve watched, the players haven’t applied themselves as much as they could. This is just my opinion though.

At least Preston's playoff chances seem to be over now and they are in crap form. So if that is not a glaring opportunity to get 3 points on Easter Monday against a team on the beach then I dont know what is.

Happily Birmingham will be safe with one more win so fingers crossed they confirm it before we play them at St Andrews.

Those will be our chances for two wins we simply have to take at least 4 points from those two games as all the other sides around us seem to be picking up points.

Annoingly though Rotherham have got Swansea next week who now have nothing to play for. A point minimum tomorrow might well be needed tbh.

It's going to take a lot now for us to escape relegation. Rotherham, Millwall and Reading look like they are up for the fight whilst we are short of confidence and self belief. I'm not sure what formation PC will come up with tomorrow but I don't expect many changes and that means the same players who have not been good enough this season. Sorry to sound negative but I fear we will drop.

Ignore them Arthur, they are typical of the snowflakes that now abound in this country when they think it is their right that everything is for them then throw their toys out the prams when it isn't! Life is more then football and I hope your relative is feeling a lot better soon!
Must agree with you that it's only football. Far more important things going on around the world.
Looking forward to next season though after this shambles. New manager, new squad, new expectations could even be in a new league.

We are shite but we will beat the Nobbers and Millwall, draw at Leeds and Birmingham and will stay up. Could happen even with Cooky in charge. If we don't well it's League One again.

Guilty as charged.
Spent today in A&E with an elderly relative and subsequently (and still) on MAU awaiting a doctor and I've whiled away the hours reading the out pourings on here, people slating their own team because other teams are playing well !!I
I look at the poor buggers in here then read one of your posts and the melodic refrain of "cry me a river" pops in to my head.

I've had a death in the family in the past week and have been organising the funeral and writing eulogy today but it doesn't make our team any less crap - they have been fucking shite this season and people have every right to be fed up seeing our rivals showing the fight we've been lacking. The frustration isnt putting football above anything else its relative.

When life is tough football is often an escape for people - a good performance and / or result can give fans a lift when real life struggles get them down. That is why why it's completely unacceptable for the manager and players to produce so many in coherant, gutless performances and capitulations. We know we can't win every game but if you go down you have to go down swinging knowing you did everything and it wasnt enough - things we cant say.

Last edited:
I've had a death in the family in the past week and have been organising the funeral and writing eulogy today but it doesn't make our team any less crap - they have been fucking shite this season and people have every right to be fed up seeing our rivals showing the fight we've been lacking. The frustration isnt putting football above anything else its relative.

Sorry to hear that King.

Its a traversty though how this squad is languishing only 2 places above that of Bolton, because for all our faults and failings, we have a much better squad than they have. They've had a god awful season, and yet as things stand, we are only 9 points better off. What does that say about us?

Our squad should be capable of being mid table in my mind. We have to look at the manager to ask why this isnt the case?

Saw the highlights of Millwall and Rotherham. Both were pushing, flooding the box with men, not giving up. Something sadly lacking from us. It's an absolute calamity how we find ourselves at the trapdoor again a point above a team we were streets ahead of last year and spent far more than in the summer.

How the table looks when you start it the day after our good run peaked by beating Bristol at home.

When we had 6 wins in the first 10 we all knew the form would dip but you'd never imagine it would collapse to the point you won't win 6 in the 30+ games remaining.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190413-221114.png
    Screenshot_20190413-221114.png
    376.9 KB · Views: 11
your going to make yourself ill kdz just chill have twenty four hours from depression and things will look better

also applies to MIW jeffs not always right Charles Hampton and the rest of those on the verge of cracking up

UTFT

I've had a death in the family in the past week and have been organising the funeral and writing eulogy today

I can only echo Made in Wigan's sentiments in saying that I am very sad to hear this, KDZ.

When life is tough football is often an escape for people - a good performance and / or result can give fans a lift when real life struggles get them down.

This is very true. I've been studying for my A Levels throughout this Easter holiday, and at times it can become difficult to maintain one's motivation. Watching Wigan play Norwich tomorrow will be a break for me, and an unexpected victory for the Latics would give me such a lift. When the team put in performances such as the one seen at the KCOM, it's very disheartening.

I should clarify that I am not in any way trying to compare the trauma of losing a loved one with the difficulties of revision; to do so would be plainly stupid and vacuous. I'm just reinforcing your point that the team's success can have an effect in terms of brightening up your day in a difficult moment.