Release Lists | Page 2 | Vital Football

Release Lists

Wouldn't mind Kristian Dennis at the bank next season. 23 goals for Macc last season, including 2 against us at the Bank. Should think we'd be up against a few other clubs though if we do go for him, including some in the FL.

shadydave - 9/5/2016 11:36

Wouldn't mind Kristian Dennis at the bank next season. 23 goals for Macc last season, including 2 against us at the Bank. Should think we'd be up against a few other clubs though if we do go for him, including some in the FL.

agree, didn't realise he was on loan. and why would stockport loan out a 20+ goal striker when they are trying to get back up the leagues?

nlondonimp - 9/5/2016 11:58

shadydave - 9/5/2016 11:36

agree, didn't realise he was on loan. and why would stockport loan out a 20+ goal striker when they are trying to get back up the leagues?
He is 26, from Manchester and has only ever played there - would suggest that he is an unlikely signing.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to point about his age. If he was 30+ then there might be a concern (even that wouldn't be a reason to discount someone completely though, e.g. Matt Rhead.) Surely at aged 26 he's at his peak! Regarding him being from Manchester, we've signed players from further afield before and it hasn't necessarily been an issue, so don't see why distance in and of itself would discount him.

I suppose he might want to stay nearer for family reasons etc. but who's knows, there'd be no harm in sounding him out right?

shadydave - 9/5/2016 13:13

I'm not sure what point you're trying to point about his age. If he was 30+ then there might be a concern (even that wouldn't be a reason to discount someone completely though, e.g. Matt Rhead.) Surely at aged 26 he's at his peak! Regarding him being from Manchester, we've signed players from further afield before and it hasn't necessarily been an issue, so don't see why distance in and of itself would discount him.

I suppose he might want to stay nearer for family reasons etc. but who's knows, there'd be no harm in sounding him out right?

My point is only that human nature being what it is, someone who has stayed in the same area all his life is much more unlikely to want to move to the other side of country. If he is in demand I am sure that offers from North West based clubs would pique his interest more than that of one from the East Midlands. I think at the level we are now at, geographical location comes much more into a player's thoughts when looking at a move.

Saw Nathan Blisset on that list for Torquay, looks like he did well for them which is a surprise. Though he looked like a lost donkey on ice when he was here.

Blisset did well at Kiddy that prompted Bristol Rovers to sign him where he helped them back to FL. Done well at Torquay and was instrumental in there climb out of trouble scoring nearly double figures. Like so many in the past a loan to Lincoln just never works out

Binghamimp - 9/5/2016 20:19

Blisset did well at Kiddy that prompted Bristol Rovers to sign him where he helped them back to FL. Done well at Torquay and was instrumental in there climb out of trouble scoring nearly double figures. Like so many in the past a loan to Lincoln just never works out

But it does for some: Grimes and Somma up-front spring to mind. Our loans are often on the basis that we're utter rubbish and need to stave off relegation, though. That can't help... :he he:

Barrow:

FA Trophy hero Jason Walker and promotion-winning captain Simon Grand are leaving Barrow AFC after being told they will not be offered a contract for next season.

The duo are among eight players not being offered a new deal by Bluebirds boss Paul Cox.

Local youngsters Alex Newby, Danny Eccles and Brad Carroll are also leaving AFC, along with Paddy Lacey, Mo Fofana and Dan Pilkington.

Alex-Ray Harvey, Andy Parry, Steve Williams and Elliot Newby will all be offered deals to keep them at Holker Street for next season.

York:

http://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/news/article/quartet-to-be-offered-new-deals-3107441.aspx

Vadaine Oliver listed by York?
One of the rarest flops, does well for us, gets a move and it goes south in the future. Not sure how he looks now, but might be decent to have him back.

Dagenham:

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/dagenham-and-redbridge-fc-released-list-2016-3113369.aspx

No, that's not ex-Imp, Yussuf.

FGR:

http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news/first-team-news/2016/forest-green-release-seven-players

Delano may end up at one of the London Clubs - Boreham Wood, Bromley or Sutton; Kamdjo was on loan at Boreham Wood last season and played against us there - we struggled against him.

Didn't Sam-Yorke finish the season on loan at Boreham Wood too? Close to his London home, so he could stay there if they want him. I can't imagine there will be too many chasing him, he's had a poor season. He's only scored 23 in the last 3 seasons too.