Release Lists | Page 4 | Vital Football

Release Lists

Think of the saving on fuel - he could even sell his car ;)

And the extra time with the family - you can't put a price on that ;)

gijsbert_bos - 2/6/2016 18:40

Think of the saving on fuel - he could even sell his car ;)

And the extra time with the family - you can't put a price on that ;)

his agent probably can...

[i remember he looked v good on loan previously]

Interesting article from today's Essex Chronicle.

Jamie Day: 'some might follow the manager to Lincoln'.

The quote from his conversation with Cowley in the last paragraph also suggests we are probably about to sign at least two of them.

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/Day-faces-rebuilding-Iron-squad/story-29347209-detail/story.html

Wrexham look in real trouble.

They have now had 20 players leave the club, with 3 of the 7 players to whom they offered contracts also leaving. So far, only 3 players - Sean Newton, Robbie Evans and Mark Carrington - have re-signed for them. The 7th player - Simon Heslop - has not been in touch and looks to be leaving as well. To make matters worse, the 7 new signings Mills has made look decidedly mediocre. Something isn't right there.

Scotimp - 2/6/2016 21:04

Wrexham look in real trouble.

They have now had 20 players leave the club, with 3 of the 7 players to whom they offered contracts also leaving. So far, only 3 players - Sean Newton, Robbie Evans and Mark Carrington - have re-signed for them. The 7th player - Simon Heslop - has not been in touch and looks to be leaving as well. To make matters worse, the 7 new signings Mills has made look decidedly mediocre. Something isn't right there.

"
Wrexham chief executive Don Bircham has said that manager Gary Mills' transfer budget will not be affected by a shortfall of £200,000.
"

maybe the clue is the big number in that sentence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36426359

Scotimp - 2/6/2016 20:57

Interesting article from today's Essex Chronicle.

Jamie Day: 'some might follow the manager to Lincoln'.

The quote from his conversation with Cowley in the last paragraph also suggests we are probably about to sign at least two of them.

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/Day-faces-rebuilding-Iron-squad/story-29347209-detail/story.html

Interesting. Seems to have gone very quiet on the Woodyard and Habergham front who were both linked straight away when Cowley was appointed. Two players I think we could really do with as well, Woodyard to bring energy to the midfield and Habergham just because we need a left back, really hope we don't persist this season with Beevers or Bush there!

Just realised two Braintree lads are on England C duty this weekend. Hopefully they are as a good as signed on and busy telling Southwell the Cowleys are the best thing since sliced bread.

Gaz_Imp - 3/6/2016 08:14

Just realised two Braintree lads are on England C duty this weekend. Hopefully they are as a good as signed on and busy telling Southwell the Cowleys are the best thing since sliced bread.

Yep Woodyard and Habergham could hopefully put in a good word about Danny if Soutwell is unsure who to sign for.

George Maris has signed for Cambridge this morning, good move for him, thought he'd drop in to the National League.

Matt Fry has left Braintree, would be a good addition but have no idea where he is going.

So far, they've lost their manager, assistant manager, GK Coach and their Captain is one of 5(?) players to leave so far?

Luke Imp - 6/6/2016 15:34

So far, they've lost their manager, assistant manager, GK Coach and their Captain is one of 5(?) players to leave so far?

Yep - Kenny Davis and Matt Paine to Boreham Wood, Sean Marks to Maidenhead, Joe Gardner to East Thurrock, and now Matt Fry; last summer when he joined Braintree, he stated his desire to get back to playing professionally again; so, no prizes for guessing where the ex-Concord and Braintree player is heading.

Another CB, though? McCombe, Waterfall and Beevers if needed. As Bush and Howe if/when they sign...

I know, but there is no guarantee that the squad come August will look like the retained list in May.

Dover are losing a few too - Nicky Deverdics has joined Hartlepool today. Hopefully that will unsettle Miller, who will fancy a move back to Lincolnshire...

Lots of movement now in the transfer market - I am collecting info for the season preview and am recording at least a dozen moves per day at the moment in the National League.

Scotimp - 6/6/2016 16:57

I know, but there is no guarantee that the squad come August will look like the retained list in May.

Dover are losing a few too - Nicky Deverdics has joined Hartlepool today. Hopefully that will unsettle Miller, who will fancy a move back to Lincolnshire...

Lots of movement now in the transfer market - I am collecting info for the season preview and am recording at least a dozen moves per day at the moment in the National League.

Sadly none here at the moment.

Scotimp - 6/6/2016 16:57

Just don't know where you find the time ! Very much welcome all the same.