Recommend a player - Summer 2020 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Recommend a player - Summer 2020

He will be heading to China, Japan, USA or the middle east for a final pay day.....unless a Manchester club comes in for him.....Salford?

Interesting. I was sure Alnwick would sign and Maxwell would walk, particularly with us getting deep into negotiations on signing Alnwick permanently and Maxwell being offered a deal on less money. As I said at the time I think Maxwell probably realised he wasn't going to get a better offer than ours (particularly a two year deal) and signed very quickly, which then muddied the water with Alnwick who, going from his interview on the St Mirren website, wants to be guaranteed the number one jersey. Also notable that Alnwick's best mate is due to sign with them as well.

I think Alnwick was ok and would have happily had him sign permanently, so hopefully Critchley has something up his sleeve as although Maxwell has impressed since arriving I'm not 100% sold on him (preferred Alnwick).

I think Maxwell looked decent but I think he had a howler in him. He commands his box better and his kicking isn't brilliant but miles better than wee Jak who very yes very often kicked out of of play no accuracy.

Interesting. I was sure Alnwick would sign and Maxwell would walk, particularly with us getting deep into negotiations on signing Alnwick permanently and Maxwell being offered a deal on less money. As I said at the time I think Maxwell probably realised he wasn't going to get a better offer than ours (particularly a two year deal) and signed very quickly, which then muddied the water with Alnwick who, going from his interview on the St Mirren website, wants to be guaranteed the number one jersey. Also notable that Alnwick's best mate is due to sign with them as well.

I think Alnwick was ok and would have happily had him sign permanently, so hopefully Critchley has something up his sleeve as although Maxwell has impressed since arriving I'm not 100% sold on him (preferred Alnwick).
Maxwell's done an interview with The Gazette which has been published this morning where he says he wanted to get his contract signed as quickly as possible with all the uncertainty.

Howard Mafoumbi and Boney all hone leaving Maxwell and Simms.
Another keeper will need to be added to the list.
I think Maxwell is one of those keepers who thinks he can play a bit and the hard part will be keeping him in the box - unlike most of our recent no 1's who seem to have been rooted to the chuffing line.

On a recomnend a player what about a full season of Nya Kirby?
Not in the palarse squad the other night.

Kirby completely under used when here. I think championship teams would want him. Very decent player

Kieran O'Hara.

24 year old goalkeeper who has been released by Man Utd.

Has gradually worked his way up the leagues via loan deals - Macclesfield last season, and Burton this. Impressed at both.

Irish international (despite being born in Manchester) and bfcpete will be delighted to hear he's 6 foot 3.

Lincoln are interested and can offer the #1 jersey, but are unlikely to make him offer until things are clearer re next season.

I think he's a better punt than the young Villa keeper we were linked with (who's also been released).

Last edited:
Callum O'Hare

Attacking midfielder who's been released by Aston Villa. 22 years old.

Suspect he'll sign permanently for Coventry, where he's been on loan (especially as he's a Solihull lad).

He fits the bill for what Critchley will be looking for though: technically good.

Ethan Hamilton

21 year old Scottish youth international released by Man Utd.

Has spent three loan spells in this division: Rochdale, Southend and the murderers.

Captained United's U18s and was nominated for their youth player of the year previously.

Fits what Critchley wants to do perfectly: good engine on him and works hard. All round midfielder with an eye for goal.