Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm | Page 4 | Vital Football

Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm

Let’s hope the Minge/Elphick partnership is better than the Chester/Elphick one. Still pedestrian in the midfield but with Carroll onthe bench waiting to take their place we’ll see if it’s a kick up the arse they need.

I have my reservations about several of the team picked particularly in the fullback positions where we have been targeted all season and the midfield combination where they don't seem to work with each other but I'll wait until the end to see how it all works out.

Let’s hope the Minge/Elphick partnership is better than the Chester/Elphick one. Still pedestrian in the midfield but with Carroll onthe bench waiting to take their place we’ll see if it’s a kick up the arse they need.

The good thing is they must have played together at Bournemouth so that should help a bit!?

Full backs targeted, long ball over the top, lightweight in midfield bar McGinn. Let’s hope they step up to beat the mighty third from bottom Reading.

Taylor and Whelan start
giphy.gif

El Ghazi needs to pull his finger out. Problem is with Green out there’s not a lot of alternative unless you want Kodjia out there.

I always thought with Bolasie on the bench he could come on a produce something. There’s not a lot of creativity if we need it.

Going to third from bottom with a line up that’s looks like we’re playing to keep it tight and come away with a draw.

As usual, Whelan will play too deep, meaning a midfielder has to drop deeper. Taylor will get a nose bleed beyond the half way line. Adomah will put a shift in but lack quality in the final third.

Wonder if it will be a 0-0 first half and an under 2.5 game? Perhaps a shocking first half will mean we see Carroll a bit sooner.

Despite just having the transfer window we still look light in defense and midfield.