Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm | Page 23 | Vital Football

Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm

First, it was his wife bleating that Tyrone Mings should be arrested etc now, Oliveira and the manager of Reading say it was intentional.

"Royals boss Jose Gomes has accused Mings of stamping on Oliveira on purpose.
Gomes said: 'Our media department has a very good picture that clearly shows him looking down before he steps on Nelson's face. There is no doubt it's intentional.
'The FA must punish Mings or the referee,"

"Oliveira added: 'In the last two years he has stamped on the head of two players. The FA need to look at that."

What a bunch of bleating morons.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...tml?ns_mchannel=rss&ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490

"Villa boss Dean Smith believes Tyrone Mings has been the victim of a “witch hunt” following the gruesome facial injury sustained by Nelson Oliveira."

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...dean-smith-tyrone-mings-victim-of-witch-hunt/

Last edited:
Proving intent will be incredibly difficult. It's a can of worms that doesn't need opening in my opinion. It was an accident.

I defy anyone who is tripped up (as Mings was) to then have the presence of mind to think about where their feet go. All they are concerned about is trying to keep their balance so with that in mind I am sure there was no intent .

In fairness Oliveira actually said he didn't know if it was deliberate, he just thought the authorities should act given the damage/potential damage to him (understandable).

Reading's manager is a fucktard though claiming intent because they have a photo where Mings apparently looked down prior to foot landing and that's intent for him. Wouldn't that be the reason behind why (having been unable to do anything about the landing given the foul) Mings was so quick to double back and bring attention to it.

In note of the above claim, at least at my last time of checking 'said image' hadn't been released as proof either but we convict via social media now don't we.

The Reading manager needs to be careful with his words or he may end up on the end of a lawsuit himself. He's adding unnecessary fuel to a fire and slandering someone without any evidence or proof

:agree: with both comments above.

Interesting legal distinction actually as for defamatory purposes accusing Mings of a deliberate action is slander in this case, but with the full knowledge that his words would instantly be in print (on camera), that goes libel and there's no defence for a criminal libel accusation unless you can prove the crime.

Which he can't.

The game here is, how does Mings then look if he goes that route given we all know, studs slightly differently and the poor bloke would've been blind, if not potentially even worse off.

I'm guessing that's why Gomes feels safe here.

It's the difference between me saying he's a f........ing idiot and crap manager but that's an honestly held opinion based on his actions when it comes to libel.

I've looked at all the footage and it looks bad especially when you slow it down. But these things happen so quickly. I've been involved with and on the end of incidents on the football pitch where you haven't got the balance or too much momentum to avoid something. Looking down doesn't mean that you can avoid it! As said above only Mings will know.

I can appreciate the anger at the Reading end but they need to temper their language.

On a side note. In a training session a git who played for us tackled me from behind and caused an ankle injury that kept me out for a month. Many visits to the sports injury clinic in town. He said it was an accident but I didn't believe him. I tried to get up and chin him 3 times before I realised I couldn't walk! Next training session that I was able to take part in I kicked him 6 feet in to the air!

Just seen this on twitter - On 55 seconds into this video, here's Mr. innocent and nice guy Nelson Oliveira punching a Rotherham player lying on the ground and then pleading his innocence as he is immediately sent off for violent conduct.

Of course, this has no bearing on what happened with Tyrone but it does show he is not the shrinking violet that he portrays himself to be.

Now personally I'm finished with it all and I hope that finally Reading get relegated:lol:

_93571870_rexfeatures_7869165a.jpg

Just seen this on twitter - On 55 seconds into this video, here's Mr. innocent and nice guy Nelson Oliveira punching a Rotherham player lying on the ground and then pleading his innocence as he is immediately sent off for violent conduct.

Of course, this has no bearing on what happened with Tyrone but it does show he is not the shrinking violet that he portrays himself to be.

Now personally I'm finished with it all and I hope that finally Reading get relegated:lol:

View attachment 31234

Good find. There is absolutely no doubt at all about the intent in that one. At least with Mings its difficult to know.