Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm | Vital Football

Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm

danvilla2

I’m not an expert
Anyone know if we’re getting the full allocation for Reading? Surely we are like most seasons just not long til the game and one year was a right faff with collecting tickets on the day.

No more forthcoming frustratingly. Reading have halved the away allocation for all this year as they've had a group of fans want to bring an atmosphere to the Mad Stad, term themselves like 'ultras'! Stupidly they've located them in the other half of where away fans would've been despite there only being 30 odd of them!

It is an away game I've not missed out on in years, but tickets were all gone before reaching STH with 3 away games.

Yes I said that to the ticket office about Reading being stupid and they agreed.

We normally take about 4,000 odd there.

Still their loss.

Hope we absolutely stuff this lot and send them down to League 1. I have my reasons to hate this club but I'm keeping that to myself.

Anyone going in the Reading end? Half tempted to go home end by the away fans just to piss the stewards off

There will be plenty of empty seats there for sure.

I’ve just read this ultra thing they’re trying to imitate will be in the south stand where the extra allocation used to be.

They had a bit of atmosphere to the right of that away fans, usually some good banter too - why don’t they just go there? They must be losing £100k in revenue not giving us those tickets and beer spend

I did have a spare for this but I never see any posts or threads for that sort of thing on here. Haven’t seen many people selling spares either

Sorry @danvilla2 - I have hijacked your ticket thread and turned it into the match thread to keep it nice and tidy.

So, what do we reckon here? Obviously, they have slashed the allocation and the stadium will be half empty, but we've got this. Right?

I did have a spare for this but I never see any posts or threads for that sort of thing on here. Haven’t seen many people selling spares either

Gutted; I'd have had it if I knew. Always enjoy the Reading trip. Have compensated myself with a Brentford ticket instead.

I did contemplate the home end, but I've done it once before and vowed never again as it was just horrid not being in the thick of the Villans having a sing song!

Gutted; I'd have had it if I knew. Always enjoy the Reading trip. Have compensated myself with a Brentford ticket instead.

I did contemplate the home end, but I've done it once before and vowed never again as it was just horrid not being in the thick of the Villans having a sing song!

I’m going myself, had another spare ticket but never see spares or ticket information etc. on this forum so didn’t want to advertise it in case there was a rule or something.

Have only been to the Mad Stad once before and that was when I finished the half marathon there in 2011!

I'm concerned we will see another flat as a pancake performance and calamitous defending again. I hope I'm wrong

I was thinking that Silhill.

It may work in our favour . One less game for Super Jack to miss and it gives a weeks training for the new players.

They are forecasting some major snow down there later today so watch this space I guess. Agree den , postponement may work in our favour