Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm | Page 15 | Vital Football

Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm

Come on it’s bloody obvious he ain’t happy and wants to play football and in his correct position up front.

Plenty of paper talk especially from his homeland and previous club. And yes he did feck off back home on match day

He was injured. He is known to be close to his family back in his homeland and in view of that the club sanctioned the visit.

Kodjia has spoken warmly of DS. DS has said it's only Tammy being in the form he is which stops Kodjia leading up front and he's definitely number 2 for that spot which is why Davis isn't getting a look in. When he's on the pitch Kodjia does try to change things. Think he's being thoroughly professional.

I've a feeling DS might just play the two of them up front, and then use Davis as a substitute, but it's not DS's normal approach.

He was injured. He is known to be close to his family back in his homeland and in view of that the club sanctioned the visit.

Kodjia has spoken warmly of DS. DS has said it's only Tammy being in the form he is which stops Kodjia leading up front and he's definitely number 2 for that spot which is why Davis isn't getting a look in. When he's on the pitch Kodjia does try to change things. Think he's being thoroughly professional.

I've a feeling DS might just play the two of them up front, and then use Davis as a substitute, but it's not DS's normal approach.

No smoke and all that

Come on it’s bloody obvious he ain’t happy and wants to play football and in his correct position up front.

Plenty of paper talk especially from his homeland and previous club. And yes he did feck off back home on match day
Paper talk from his previous club? They own their own newspaper then?
It was an away match day and he wasn’t on the bus....
An injured player goes home to visit friends or family. Well that’s an outrage!
A ? takes a picture at the airport and more idiot journos turn it into a story. Fer is a done deal, Henry is our next manager, Charlie Austin is signing....

Paper talk from his previous club? They own their own newspaper then?
It was an away match day and he wasn’t on the bus....
An injured player goes home to visit friends or family. Well that’s an outrage!
A ? takes a picture at the airport and more idiot journos turn it into a story. Fer is a done deal, Henry is our next manager, Charlie Austin is signing....

Kogjia wanted to leave after getting despondent playing second fiddle to Abraham, it was in the Sun newspaper.

Kogjia wanted to leave after getting despondent playing second fiddle to Abraham, it was in the Sun newspaper.

Despondent at playing second fiddle to someone playing far better than him. Poor boy. If he was going to engineer a move then why pick a club he knew had zero chance of ever affording his transfer fee or wages? I also like the fact that all this is basically comes from a bloke born in France visiting France.

That Tyrone Mings stamp on Olivera's face looks pretty bad. Anyone else see the picture? Gruesome. Does Mings wear ice skating boots?

Last edited:
Got a feeling that Mings is going to be a big player for us :grinning:

One thing; he and Elphick used to play together at Bournemouth, when Elphick was captain. Could be a strong CB partnership; we haven't had one of those for a long time.

I have to be honest and say I wanted Dean Smith nearly two years ago.
There are one or two on here with an agenda, who still secretly wanted Mr proven 4 promotions to stay.

That aside I think most would agree, we needed to tighten up at the back and stop shipping 2 goals a game for fun. Yesterday we did that at least.
I haven't seen the game and am taking the word of those who went and froze their nuts off but picked up the atmosphere and the vibes of the faithful.
If they are seeing pluses then it's all good by me.

As for Carroll looking Lightweight, yes physically he looks like Jack and SJM, who in the match world are two tough little bastards who take a right battering for the cause but normally come out with the ball.
Ryan Woods is no Arnie is he but he is a player who sits deep and plays the "quarterback" role as I call it very well.
Our Very Own Sid Cowans and Alex Cropley were two of the weediest players you'll ever see but we would give our left testicle for just one of those two now.
They played in a far more ferocious game that is played these days and came out with the ball 8 times out of 10.

No doubt every single one of us is frustrated by our league position and our inability to win games like yesterday but for once in my football supporting life I'm having some sort of patience

UTV

Twitter is in meltdown with poor snowflakes saying he should be banned for life.

I've had my go at the poor little pussies.

Well said. Watched it and there was zero intent.

We used to get injuries like that all the time on a Sunday morning, always the same diagnosis : "run it off"!

He'll be well aware that Tammy is 'da man' right now. What probably p****s him off is playing second fiddle to uncle Albert, who did 2 great crosses in the game against the she ite back in November and then nothing since. At the moment Albert is waste of a nice shirt

Well said. Watched it and there was zero intent.

We used to get injuries like that all the time on a Sunday morning, always the same diagnosis : "run it off"!

I think the ref gave us a free kick for that collision.

Mind you I had no idea what the ref was doing all game. Nor the geriatric linesman who is the only person I know who can see through players bodies to give mysterious handballs.