Raggs off? | Page 5 | Vital Football

Raggs off?

bristolimp - 3/8/2017 09:17

jal jal - 3/8/2017 09:09

I heard last Saturday that he was off to Norwich but would be loaned back on a season long loan so that he could get experience playing in the Football League.
I didn't mention it as I wasn't sure how true it was, but now it seems likely it could be true.
We will have to wait and see.

That would be ideal have cake and eat it.

He can then resign for us when we are in the championship in a couple of years!

That's would be losing a fiver and finding fifty quid.

we can't control whether raggett signs the contract extension, but one thing the club can control is accepting bids and the timing of his departure - if indeed he is to leave.

a couple of things don't stack up...
why leave it until two days before the first game.
why come out and say howe needs to go out and get games [slightly demotivating for howe?], as howe would now be in the squad for saturday.

and a couple of questions:
why do norwich suddenly need to buy at this point, two days before the season starts, do they have an injury crisis?
is waterfall fit?
and, was that mccombe playing in the wendies friendly... ?

He joined us two days us before started last season...
Him coming back here on loan for the season sounds like a good option as he'll be well down the pecking order if they've already signed two defenders on top what we've already got.
Press conference around half 2 3 guys, found out more then hopefully.

Yes and with the press conference I hope Eardley or a FB signing is going to be announced today?

Would be a blow if he went so close to the season starting. The loan back would be interesting, if we did (optimistically) smash league two and we found ourselves a level higher next season anyway might he be a bit regretful ?

Realistically though you'd be surprised if he was here past next summer so it wouldn't be the worst deal.

Best case scenario is a new deal but the next best one is to get him back on a season long loan with no recall clause.

That way, Raggett gets his move, he continues his development a league up from last season, we keep him for another year (let's be right, new contract or not, the chances of him staying beyond next summer is even slimmer than this summer IMO) and we get a fee.

Rasenimp - 2/8/2017 23:30

Luke Imp - 3/8/2017 14:33

Rasenimp - 2/8/2017 20:49

Gaz_Imp - 3/8/2017 12:40

Being reported by a PA journalist with a very unfortunate name:

http://readnorwich.com/2017/08/02/norwich-remain-keen-on-raggett/

350k release clause, is that a new one...
Nope, mentioned before although not confirmed.

Not sure why but I thought I'd heard 250k and just a vague release clause before, not read it as 350k.

Saw on the Norwich forum that a Lincoln fan had said he doesn't have a lot of pace but works hard. Bit of a weird summary...

Well, someone on here insisted it was 100k. Fact is we don't know for sure.

Rob Makepeace? @rob_makepeace 6m6 minutes ago
More
On speculation regarding Sean Raggett- I understand there's not been any movement either way this week despite internet rumours.

MaineRoad_96 - 4/8/2017 04:12

Norwich have already signed two defenders.

They have one in Klose who apparently might be on the move.

Still if he went to Championship level you would think he would want to be playing regularly, which seems unlikely based on their business.

I suspect Norwich may still be interested but this is a bit of agent spin. I think we would have heard more if a bid had been accepted.

MaineRoad_96 - 3/8/2017 12:12

Norwich have already signed two defenders.
Apparently they only have two fit defenders and play 3 at the back, make of that what you will...
Sounds like they'll leave us in the lurch...

I remember when we sold Tony James to Leicester, they loaned a guy called Grant Brown...

Gary Hutchinson reporting that Raggett is likely to be gone within the next two weeks. That was after speaker with a couple of City directors today.

Danny does seem to have cut things very fine with sorting the defence out granted Habergham's injury hasn't helped.

Cricklewoodimp - 4/8/2017 04:31

Gary Hutchinson reporting that Raggett is likely to be gone within the next two weeks. That was after speaker with a couple of City directors today.

Disappointing if true. Surprised they are keen to share the info though.

Rasenimp - 3/8/2017 12:40

If his loss is inevitable, nothing to lose putting it out there. It might spark a bidding war.

impede - 4/8/2017 04:56

Rasenimp - 3/8/2017 12:40

If his loss is inevitable, nothing to lose putting it out there. It might spark a bidding war.

Seem to be putting it out in a fan Q+A rather than to the Beeb or Echo weirdly, Rob Makepeace was even saying this morning nothing new was going on with Raggett.

Most of the stuff I've read states that Norwich are "still interested" in Raggett. That doesn't mean anything until a firm offer has been made?

I'm "still interested" in Jennifer Aniston, but that's not likely to come to anything either...

Wouldn't be surprised if loads of these rumours are just random comments started on blogs and forums, that then grow legs and appear in places where blogwriters and publications benefit from clicks, ;) aniston always looked decent. Plymouth interested in aniston... Sheffield Wednesday were at lincoln on Tuesday looking at raggett, etc etc

I'm still interested in the dark haired one from charlie's angels.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniston_Fernandes