Raggs off? | Vital Football

Raggs off?

devonexlondonimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
If raggs was staying why are we rushing in a new centre back quickly who is so highly rated that callum howe is off on loan?
no news of raggs signing a contract extension? quiet quiet.
rumours that his lifelong team he supports (west ham ) are showing an interest.(dc a fan also)
a dream move for the lad he could not turn it down ,plus a nice wedge.
a move back down south would be right up his street originally from kent area,joining a southern or london based side is my tip.
dc wants him to go if the move is right, the contract extension issue is silent.
the transfer window looms
i think he will be gone.
any thoughts?

I agree with Luke regarding Raggett no news is good news, been very quiet on the Raggett leaving front. Last I heard DC said he was very close to signing his new deal.

DC has said since the beginning of the summer that he wants another centre back to add to Raggett, Waterfall and Howe. So there is no change there. If Raggett were to leave, he would need two more.

I would be happy but surprised if Raggett is a Lincoln player in September.

A move to Championship club or higher and then a loan back to us would be a good outcome for all. I would hate to see Raggett wasted playing under 23's (does he qualify?) or reserve team football.

bjc you are correct his team is arsenal
still have the view he will be on his way.
remember bossie also plays centre back if raggs is off

Ian Abrahams (Moose)?Verified account @BroadcastMoose 3h3 hours ago
More
Nemanja Matic to @ManUtd appears, all but a done deal - Watford being linked with Kieran Gibbs & Sean Raggett to @WestHamUtd ??

I'm not sure Moose tweeting it is going to fill me with dread yet, but we will see.

I agree that I think Howe going out on loan seems more like a positive. I think Raggett would be better following the DC model of doing it in increments, a move to the Premier League feels like it would stall him.

devonexlondonimp - 31/7/2017 10:21

If raggs was staying why are we rushing in a new centre back quickly who is so highly rated that callum howe is off on loan?
no news of raggs signing a contract extension? quiet quiet.
rumours that his lifelong team he supports (west ham ) are showing an interest.(dc a fan also)
a dream move for the lad he could not turn it down ,plus a nice wedge.
a move back down south would be right up his street originally from kent area,joining a southern or london based side is my tip.
dc wants him to go if the move is right, the contract extension issue is silent.
the transfer window looms
i think he will be gone.
any thoughts?

He's an Arsenal fan.

Impartiality - 31/7/2017 10:52

I am not sure 5th or 6th choice at WHU is a move Raggett would consider.

Pretty sure he'd jump at the chance. Players are very aware of how fleeting success can be in football. What if Raggett stays here and then breaks his leg in September? He might never get another chance. And the wages would be very tempting for a player who has never even played a game in the Football League.

If West Ham were to come in for him with a serious bid, I am sure he would be away. What would he earn there - £10,000 a week? You would have to be crazy to turn that down. As Snats says, football can be a very short career, and the chance of making as good a living outside football for the majority of players is remote.

Could break his leg in training today.
Imho the closer it gets to the start of season and with offer from us which has clearly tempted him to stay the more likely he is stop and we'll have to go through all of this again January!

Imho the closer it gets to the start of season and with offer from us which has clearly tempted him to stay the more likely he is stop and we'll have to go through all of this again January!

Davidimp - 31/7/2017 11:13

However, if he does stay, it will be on a new contract - therefore the January thing shouldn't be a concern.

Moose is a West Ham fan, so when he comes out with transfer rumours involving them, I would think he's heard something from a contact at the club.