Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 70 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Helpful contribution by Bernie Ecclestone:

"In lots of cases, black people are more racist than what white people are [sic].”

More of his ramblings can be seen here - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...eople-are-often-more-racist-than-white-people
I know what you say JPA, but as someone who has had a lot to do with the Indian and Pakistani communities in Brum in the course of my work you aint never heard racism until you hear what they say about each other. It s pure hatred.
His comments might not be helpful but its the same the world over, hatred everywhere you look.

TBF he is 120 years old isn't he? Probably refers to the Germans as the Hun!
He is worth £3.2 billion, he could randomly give £100000 to 2000 families in the UK and still not know it's gone. Go on Bernie be a hero!

You take the piss there 57 but you are spot on.
I remember seeing a programme by an American news station and the basic thrust of it was that Americans dont give shit about anything that goes on outside of the US.
They are totally insullar in their tv viewing habits and Ameriacan news channels dont carry much foriegn news because no one wants to watch it and they have advertisers and sponsors to keep happy.

Yes noticed when I was in Florida a couple of years ago, most of them have never been out of their state, it's like 50 separate countries. They only share a language with us and even then Spanish is not far behind in some areas.
They have their own sports, their own Cars, just nothing like us at all, we probably have more in common with the Germans

Yes noticed when I was in Florida a couple of years ago, most of them have never been out of their state, it's like 50 separate countries. They only share a language with us and even then Spanish is not far behind in some areas.
They have their own sports, their own Cars, just nothing like us at all, we probably have more in common with the Germans
Your right there mate. I dont own anything made in the US, but my car, and every appliance in the house is German.

I was flying to Miami when the terrorist attack happened in Tunisia IIRC, which involved Albrighton’s other half’s family. We were talking about things with yanks who love to talk as we know, and it wasn’t reported out there - they were clueless.

I find it incredible that we hear so much about the US, but so little about France, Germany, Italy & the whole of the EU. I feel so culturally different from the US, I’m of the view we will not change them in the EU unless they themselves want change.

I was flying to Miami when the terrorist attack happened in Tunisia IIRC, which involved Albrighton’s other half’s family. We were talking about things with yanks who love to talk as we know, and it wasn’t reported out there - they were clueless.

I find it incredible that we hear so much about the US, but so little about France, Germany, Italy & the whole of the EU. I feel so culturally different from the US, I’m of the view we will not change them in the EU unless they themselves want change.

Definitely all one way most Americans couldn't find England on a map, never mind know anything about us.
We and the rest of the world are obsessed with their Film and TV, the number of germans I know with American accents is really funny

Definitely all one way most Americans couldn't find England on a map, never mind know anything about us.
We and the rest of the world are obsessed with their Film and TV, the number of germans I know with American accents is really funny

A frightening amount of them couldn't even find America on a map.

Old but gold

And we want to get into bed with these morons. No wonder they have no culture, they can’t answer basic factual questions about the world unless it’s been an episode on the Simpson’s, let alone see softer cultural differences.

Saying that, I think Brits are the US equivalent within the EU although not quite as stupid.

I don't think sweeping generalisations about entire populations work, or indeed, help.

Didn’t you post about ending humanity the other day :grinning:

Obviously I don’t mean all Americans, as I don’t mean all Brits. But a big enough minority or small majority and I just generalise, it’s a trait I have.

Culturally I have very little in common with Americans except I speak the same language, I can’t beat about the bush on it.

Didn’t you post about ending humanity the other day :grinning:

Obviously I don’t mean all Americans, as I don’t mean all Brits. But a big enough minority or small majority and I just generalise, it’s a trait I have.

Culturally I have very little in common with Americans except I speak the same language, I can’t beat about the bush on it.
I think George Bernard Shaw had something to say about us and America and our language.

And we want to get into bed with these morons. No wonder they have no culture, they can’t answer basic factual questions about the world unless it’s been an episode on the Simpson’s, let alone see softer cultural differences.

Saying that, I think Brits are the US equivalent within the EU although not quite as stupid.
I think it's very much better the devil you know, the alternatives, e.g. China, are far worse.

It’s not politically correct to stereotype as the pendulum has swung that way, but Cambridge Analytica were very successful at what they did from combining data and stereotypical characteristics by creating emotion.

One day, people will want to bring back stereotypes and play up to them, as they feel that they are losing their identity.

Let’s take the stereotypical chav for example, as that is an acceptable generalisation. They play up to the stereotype by dressing and acting the way they do. It’s a pro-active decision and quite a conscious thing. My neighbour two doors down plays hip hop as loud as he can, and talks with a gangster voice.

I think it's very much better the devil you know, the alternatives, e.g. China, are far worse.

I was talking more pulling away from the EU to build closer ties to the US, but yes China is another proposition.

The US want to sell us poor quality meat, overpriced medicine and flood our unis with their students.

We’ll get a raw deal from it, as they don’t buy our cars and won’t take our aerospace products as they look after their own industry.

I can only think the only upside for us is corporate money laundering from the US into our banks, which is probably the truth of why we’re pulling away from the EU in the first place with all the dirty money we hold.

It’s not politically correct to stereotype as the pendulum has swung that way, but Cambridge Analytica were very successful at what they did from combining data and stereotypical characteristics by creating emotion.

One day, people will want to bring back stereotypes and play up to them, as they feel that they are losing their identity.

Let’s take the stereotypical chav for example, as that is an acceptable generalisation. They play up to the stereotype by dressing and acting the way they do. It’s a pro-active decision and quite a conscious thing. My neighbour two doors down plays hip hop as loud as he can, and talks with a gangster voice.
What makes most stereotypes effective is that there's a correspondence with the underlying thing they are there to represent, as the saying goes, no smoke without fire. Of course there's particularly ridiculous and egregious examples out there but many of them hold some sort of truth.

What makes most stereotypes effective is that there's a correspondence with the underlying thing they are there to represent, as the saying goes, no smoke without fire. Of course there's particularly ridiculous and egregious examples out there but many of them hold some sort of truth.

I completely agree. If I was in marketing, I would stereotype all the time. The brand I work for is bought and consumed by a lower affluence consumer, I have to stereotype in my job as we need to offer consumers quality they can afford - so in a roundabout way I’m helping them. Every decade we launch a premium product, and guess what - it fails.

In marketing, I think they call stereotyping “targeting”.