Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 69 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

I'm beginning the protest to cancel Elvis.

Country band Dixie Chicks have changed their name to The Chicks, to help highlight racial inequality in the US. "Dixie" was often used as a nickname for the southern states that made up the Confederate States of America during the US Civil War era.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53180585

I'll also no longer refer to myself as a Brummie. That'll fix things.

I'm beginning the protest to cancel Elvis.

Country band Dixie Chicks have changed their name to The Chicks, to help highlight racial inequality in the US. "Dixie" was often used as a nickname for the southern states that made up the Confederate States of America during the US Civil War era.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53180585

I'll also no longer refer to myself as a Brummie. That'll fix things.

Dixy chicken will have some fun over here then it was founded by a Muslim bloke

Going to get fried and battered in the press when they catch on.

I also can't resist....

Bloody foreigners, coming over here, paying tax, creating jobs and helping the economy.

Anyone see Sky news they interviewed a black bloke about the Brixton "disturbance " he said " we were all out enjoying ourselves we are all fed up of quarantine, the police turned up with "their" laws or something and people were upset and it all kicked off.

They are some thick fuckers in this country there really are

Never watch news at 10 mate, but no, beaches have disappeared from the frontpages of most outlets I look at, but Brixton is still there - as is Liverpool winning the title and fucktards turning up an Anfield.

Never watch news at 10 mate, but no, beaches have disappeared from the frontpages of most outlets I look at, but Brixton is still there - as is Liverpool winning the title and fucktards turning up an Anfield.

we all knew the scousers would turn up , and in a months time they be victims of Covid and blaming everyone else , hopefully

ps It is true then that people go to Bournemouth to die

Yeah I don't agree with everything he says, but I have watched a lot of those "Change My Mind" bits and it makes it clear as to how many people's views and opinions are based on nothing but headlines, clickbait and media bias. You may have noticed how many times that kid said "I just saw the headlines". And he's a smart young man.

Yeah, the main thing I noticed he struggled with was 'how are you oppressed / what systemic racial are you facing'. He had all the tells from someone who can't make a case. To be fair too he doesn't need to or has to have that answer. Maybe he specifically isn't, the kid is obviously from a great family maybe not wealthy but certainly with enough resources that he is homeschooled.

He had one answer though and that was police brutality, if you pull race entirely out of the equation there's still a problem. My chances of being killed by the police in the united states are far higher than in Ireland or England. That in itself is a problem, not to mention a much higher chance of going to prison.

I must look up Crowders statistics I would have thought it would be posted on the clip.

Two things about the statistics, Crowder talks about America as one big thing but what we'd probably find is certain areas have much larger issues compared to others. I think thats what the kid was trying to explain when he mentioned Alabama or these forgotten states etc. and the history of where slaves lived.

The statistics need to be weighted but if you go on the whole, either the stats I found are wrong, Crowders were wrong or we're both wrong. It lies in the middle because I am unsure why some races would be unknown.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045219

If the Census has 75% of the population as White only and this data is accurate then only 40% of this simple is dying, even if you exclude unknown ethnicities it's still 60%. Again 'statistics to prove anything', I also cant confirm the data source.

From living here I would say the following 5 things are true:

1. Police Brutality is real
2. America has worse inequality than Ireland or England, especially fiancially
3. America does have greater financial mobility however I cant say that that is equal either
4. Most Americans look down on the poor ('white trash' / 'rednecks' as much as anyone else)
5. America's problems are equally if not more so economic as they are racial

Agree with all that CDX

As for statistics, they are included in the actual video (not clickable links but on the video) whenever he brings them up, so I guess it's a case of investigating yourself.

As for statistics in general, how do you trust any to be objectively true? I see stuff posted the whole time, but it's biased one way or the other to suit the argument.

I think your last point is spot on, but it's not just America, it's most of the world and everything else is a distraction. There's another major economic crash on the horizon and it's been coming long before the pandemic.

I can’t find a link to this story, so trust me on it and I’ll edit it when I find it.

A black man who was stopped and searched a couple of months ago, pledged to use his experience constructively. He is now training Scotland Yard on race issues and perception, along with my favourite topic in this thread, unconscious bias.

He hasn’t (as far as I’m aware) joined in untimely protests, isn’t supporting a bunch of leftist activists, isn’t rioting, isn’t being a victim - he’s making a difference.

Fair play to the man :clap:

Last edited:
Nice one danvilla, and sounds like a great example of a top man

This is what I thought could have been done by Mings and Anthony Joshua (who has had pelters on social media, and a few articles I've seen mentioning him ... not that he runs his social media, but he has damaged his 'brand'.)

And a few others, including Hamilton actually.

They have the reach on social media and the press, to do so much good, instead they joined the angry mob (and one to pose for professionally taken photos that really did take the piss in my humble) instead.

They had a great chance to be proper community leaders, to help save lives and to help educate and calm the situation down.

probably more interested in the Ginger prince and his wife
You take the piss there 57 but you are spot on.
I remember seeing a programme by an American news station and the basic thrust of it was that Americans dont give shit about anything that goes on outside of the US.
They are totally insullar in their tv viewing habits and American news channels dont carry much foreign news because no one wants to watch it and they have advertisers and sponsors to keep happy.

Last edited: