Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 68 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Funny isn't it how everyone is wound up about something that happened in America, but the problem we have here is terrorist attacks and stabbings, mainly black on black stabbings and it's all brushed away under the carpet.
For me living where I do, I'm more likely to be stabbed by a black man than have my neck knelt on by a policeman but I'm not allowed to say that am i without being labelled as some sort of ultra-right-wing racist.

I just think we need to look at our own issues and stop worrying about what goes on with Donald Trump and the USA, I know some are obsessed with them but we really don't have that much in common with them.

Life experience has taught me that things change over a lifetime they don't change in a few years.
BLM will succeed in causing a race war and there will only be one winner in the western world
Well if you look at the protesters they're disproportionately millennial. There seems to be this shared millennial experience which transcends boundaries, mostly driven by social media. Millennial's in the UK and US broadly follow the same trends and take cues from the same 'influencers'. George Floyd's funeral itself became this bizarre celebrity event.

Well if you look at the protesters they're disproportionately millennial. There seems to be this shared millennial experience which transcends boundaries, mostly driven by social media. Millennial's in the UK and US broadly follow the same trends and take cues from the same 'influencers'. George Floyd's funeral itself became this bizarre celebrity event.

Yep, those with no real-life experience and some want to allow 16 years old to Vote.
It's easy with social media to demonise anything you want,
I know they have demonised Diesel cars which ultimately cost me my job as they abandoned development in favour of battery cars,

The girl doing the video and commentary, dear God is that what it has come to.

They are taking a table
they are taking a table
they are taking a table
they are taking parts of the table...

They ran the police
they ran the ........ arrgghhh

The girl doing the video and commentary, dear God is that what it has come to.

They are taking a table
they are taking a table
they are taking a table
they are taking parts of the table...

They ran the police
they ran the ........ arrgghhh

Yep "they" do themselves no favours that why people like me switch off to BLM because it's nothing to do with equal rights, they already have those in Britain.
White people are bending over backwards here or in some cases kneeling to these lawless clowns.

Fancy filming that behaviour and thinking everyone will bow and scrape to them, no better than any other thug groups

Yep "they" do themselves no favours that why people like me switch off to BLM because it's nothing to do with equal rights, they already have those in Britain.
White people are bending over backwards here or in some cases kneeling to these lawless clowns.

Fancy filming that behaviour and thinking everyone will bow and scrape to them, no better than any other thug groups
No 2 ways about it shocking scenes and people assaulting the police need to be arrested and sent to trial. Trump is taking such situations and trying to generalise it into the whole BLM thing. The polls are suggesting that people aren't buying that story.

No 2 ways about it shocking scenes and people assaulting the police need to be arrested and sent to trial. Trump is taking such situations and trying to generalise it into the whole BLM thing. The polls are suggesting that people aren't buying that story.

I really don't care about Donald Trump or what he's doing with his backwards nation, I really don't I do care about what is going on in my own.

We have to live in a society that is free to speak without fear of arrest or losing your job, however unpalatable his views are. OK so we sack him, what if someone in power finds your views unpalatable next? Look at Evergreen. This needs to stop now.
If it was my company, and there wasn't other factors in play, I would hope I would have the courage to defend free speech even if I completely disagree with the comments.

Plenty wouldn't because of the backlash - look at the companies under fire already.

Yeah that was me, I was there for the first hairdresser incident but not the second. I just remember going to meet her and the look on her face, she was ready to cry.

I was definitely someone who questioned a lot of these things even through the first year of the relationship but its undeniable. A tricky issue is similar to the 'believe all women' thing when it comes to rape. In cases of discrimination and racism, it is similar. I've been reading 'Race Talk' to try and be aware of this stuff and make sure there isn't a burden on my GF for explaining things to me. It talks a lot about this idea that when we try to explain away those seemingly innocuous social interactions it places further trauma and damage on the victim.

As I say its incredibly difficult to talk about it and even from the safety of a screenname and computer I feel a level of unease and social fear speaking about it based on what some posters might think. This stuff can suck the energy out of rooms and causes levels of discomfort even traumatic news about COVID can't bring up.

Heres another one, your point about the reverse discrimination. My GF has had recurring thoughts about the only reason she got into her PHD program is because of the colour of her skin. And that brings on the fear that thats all everyone else will think. I know that thats just anxiety, she has incredible recommendations, excellent experience and she has great test scores.

Whatever we want to call it - affirmative action / diversity programmes etc. that needs broader discussion too. It probably goes back to better job descriptions that fill broader criteria. Marketing teams are probably one of the better examples depending on your product or service you don't want a team full of one ethnic / cultural / religious / social class you broadly want a broad team that can reach the most amount of people. Therefore you might not necessarily value technical skills as highly in the review process.

Heres one that I disagreed with Peloton is marketed toward high income people. That naturally eliminates low income people and unfortunately a byproduct in America is a disproportionate amount of that group are people of colour. A guy was making the case that that is wrong but it isnt, why is it wrong? This is where the money will be made if people of that financial status can't afford it shouldnt they save? Its a luxury / discretionary items - a want not a need.

Yup a lot of these topics aren't easy chats, and even amongst the attempts at humour on here, you're definitely not alone in second guessing what you put at points - even the wrong word can give the wrong impression of what you're trying to say in text - thankfully we're a pretty sensible bunch here!

Even with the above though, there's not a cat in hell's chance I'd even try to have this chat (and many others that we have on here) on something like Twitter or down the pub where a random pair of ears could misinterpret something - but that in itself is half the problem, because it means the real chats aren't genuinely taking place unless you have a presumed 'acceptable voice' on the subject and then invariably you only get the shouts loudest sides and it's a row, or an instruction - not a debate.

The psychology aspects, as you say, go even deeper and yes, positive discrimination of any kind, does carry it's own baggage as well. That Peloton one is a good one that I hadn't actually thought about - seen a few adverts obviously. Yes, it is targeted, but with good reason. It's a financial discrimination overall if you have to label it, rather than anything race related at heart - but it does unfortunately allow that argument to be made.

Yes, mate not far-right so we have to brush it under the carpet and not mention it.
Black people rioting and attacking police are acceptable in this new snowflake world

Just caught up with this, reasonably well covered by the BBC this hour at least.

I really don't care about Donald Trump or what he's doing with his backwards nation, I really don't I do care about what is going on in my own.

For some reason though we always seem to lag just behind the US in most things, so it is a decent barometer given our links. We just largely tend to follow on a smaller scale - Trump=Boris - Mexicans are rapists=pillar boxes etc.

For some reason though we always seem to lag just behind the US in most things, so it is a decent barometer given our links. We just largely tend to follow on a smaller scale - Trump=Boris - Mexicans are rapists=pillar boxes etc.

Yes and we all know who is following the USA the wannabe gangsters and the gun culture and I for one am so glad we don't allow guns or that our police don't arm or have to arm themselves every time they pull someone for speeding etc.
I like Disney the rest of their vile culture they can keep thank you, even the crap music