QPR v Aston Villa, Friday 26th Oct. 7:45pm kick off | Page 26 | Vital Football

QPR v Aston Villa, Friday 26th Oct. 7:45pm kick off

Must admit I was knackered by the time me and my lad got home last night. I watched the game in a passive mood, yes we should have got a draw but I never felt we would score. I'm chuffed Bruce has gone and chuffed Dean Smith is in charge. If we can turn the year and be within 5 points of the play offs we have a chance. As an aside Loftus Road is pathetic, more pathetic than I remember it 30 years ago, £5 for a bottle of bear, wank little club in a cespit of a city. Warwickshire la la la Warwickshire la la la ?

Yes , it is easily the worst ground to go to.

:rofl:
. As an aside Loftus Road is pathetic, more pathetic than I remember it 30 years ago, £5 for a bottle of bear, wank little club in a cespit of a city. Warwickshire la la la Warwickshire la la la ?

Ever considered posting on trip advisor aswell?.

Yes , it is easily the worst ground to go to.

It’s a shit ground, the beer was shit but that’s Carlsberg for you, you lose your kneecaps and if you’re really unlucky you get a seat behind a pillar where you can’t see the game.

But I love the old school stadiums, there aren’t many left now they’ll all be different versions of the ikea stadiums you find in shit towns like Reading or Wigan.

I fail to understand how you can sit behind the goal and not be able to see the whole pitch , and I don't care when the stadium was built , any designer with half a brain should be able to work that out. If you want old school grounds then Fulham is the place to go to.

Bjarnason done nothing for me. I would like to see Bolasie get a start as I thought we looked more lively after he came on.
Smiths only had had 2 games. I'm sure he'll turn it round soon.

My lad and I watched the game again when we returned from London earlier.....Mrs Langoe was delighted! And after watching it again I'm even more bemused as to how we didn't get anything from it but also confirmed that there were indeed encouraging signs of improvement. And the more I watch other games there really isn't one stand out team in the league...it's wide open and we shouldn't discount our chances just yet!

I'm amazed that after all the poor results we've had this season that we're as well placed, pointwise, as we are. We've dropped back by 1 point re the playoffs, but the way things are panning out any team which goes on a good run is going to shoot up the table. The sooner we do it the easier it will be.

I like what Smith is doing. He's setting a standard by his style of play, and give it a few weeks it'll become clear to him and us who can live up to that standard and who can't.

Like why did Atletico Madrid play in blue and white at Dortmund .... and got stuffed? There are forces at play here .... players should identify with a kit, be proud to wear it, all this bullshit about alternative kits when there is absolutely no clash is just wrong. Villa are claret and blue, qpr are blue and white hoops .... what muppet decides a kit change, anyway get back to claret and blue ffs

Before shankly put Liverpool in red shorts changing from thier previous red shirts and white shorts there were only three basic colour shorts. White navy black. So ,many teams were red shirts white shorts , blue shirts white shorts. The striped shirts teams wore white or black shorts. They didn’t change then.

I don’t think there is a rule on this but it could be at the refs request as they can’t tell the difference between teams with the same colour shorts. Better ask ref observer sirdennis.

Someone at the club hopefully Dean can get hold of this or we are going to get some dam awful shirts like the period Ellis came back. This shirt is based on one of those and GT just wouldn’t have it.
Shankly wouldn’t have re designed the shirts , like Taylor he believed the history of club was vital.
How much are these guys being paid to redesign something that doesn’t need designing I don’t know.

And they make the schoolball error not having blue sleeves.

It will come, this season? 11 points off the top but only 7 off the play offs. I wont write this season off just yet. There is a transfer window to be had and by the time the window opens Dean Smith will have had 16 games to assess the squad fully. I honestly think this is better than most managers who arrive Christmas week play 2 games and head into the transfer window with a vague Idea of what they need.

The massive downside is there are only 15 games left of the season after the transfer window closes, its what we have played so far left to play.
New players need time to bed in blah blah so it has to be a massive Improvement from the current team. I honestly think the play offs are a requirement before Smith starts building for next season.
Just need to be patient and hope this time in 2020 were not doing the very same thing with another new manager........

If the new owners want promotion this season they need to open the wallet, pay the fair play debt off and go big time.

I thought we kept going for the 90 minutes and am hoping this is improved fitness under Dean as well as attacking intent. Bolassie looks a more direct and explosive player which we need to break the inevitability of most of our attacks.
I have changed my mindset from desperation for promotion to desperation to leave a match feeling some sort of pride in performance. I think that's coming under our new regime and promotion will be a natural bi-product. If we can reach play offs on a roll of "new villa" we'll likely come through.

Wonder which know it all Bruce fanboy pundit will be the first to trot out the 'they never should have sacked Bruce, villa fans need to be careful what they wish for ' line after the last two games.

I'm going Danny Murphy.
Alan Brazil for me Jeff

Any one of his mates in the media, good riddance, never want to see a manager like him anywhere near villa Park again.

Ouch.. all that possession and no end ball. If we start to get that ball in the onion bag, just imagine. Can't keep imagining though, got to start doing.

Ouch.. all that possession and no end ball. If we start to get that ball in the onion bag, just imagine. Can't keep imagining though, got to start doing.

Just gonna take time which we are running short on but there is a lot of the season left to play, well over half to go. With all the chopping and changing its going to take a good few more games for some of these players to get to know each other fully.

Even us here couldnt agree with certainty our best 11 and even our best 11 right now wouldnt necessarily be our best in 5 games because the likes of Yannick arent fully fit.

Just gonna take time which we are running short on but there is a lot of the season left to play, well over half to go.

It's far more than that, to be fair - 15/46 played, which leaves 2/3 of the season still to play - that is ages. And that's why we have no need to panic about anything.

As you say, once we get organised and players back to full fitness, I expect us to kick on and go on a run. Look at the likes of Norwich - 3 wins in a week and they are well in there.