QPR v Aston Villa, Friday 26th Oct. 7:45pm kick off | Vital Football

QPR v Aston Villa, Friday 26th Oct. 7:45pm kick off

Pride of Lions

I am now official
Well, someone had to start the thread. Just over 48 hours away from another away trip.

McGann will be back, I wonder what other changes there will be? Whatever, I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

Goingto this one and very much looking forward to it.

Would like to see O'Hare involved , he seems just the type of player that fits Smith's style of play.

I'd guess McGinn & Thor will be back in, but will Uncle Albert and Abraham be fit? Alberts knee may still be a bit sore, so could well be a chance to start Bolasie.

I am there, hoping it'll be as enjoyable as last season's visit.

McGinn, Bjarnason are bound to return. I wouldn't be adverse for Bree coming in for Hutton either. Then I suspect Abraham will be fine but Albert to struggle. Could it lead to Kodjia playing wide left or will Bolasie or El Ghazi go from the start?

We have a forward line, that on paper, should be scoring 4-5-6 goals a game but, with the none producing midfield we have, the chances created are few.

We will see a big improvement. One of advantage of a string of games is you don't dwell on the last. McGinn and Bjarnason in, nailed on. Think the defence will stay the same; it will benefit with a run without changes.

We always smash QPR. It is written.

I expect Bo lassy to start for Albert who is doubtful.
Barney back for Whelan and SJM coming back in place of Persil Wand.

Hutton can have a rest for me and so can Elmo,

Please don't start Hogan Mr Smith , I can't take another game of watching him suffer

We don't look like a "team", we have a mouse on the pitch as a captain / leader (Chester - would butter melt in his mouth ?? No). We have a keeper who would look more at home under the big tent of a circus and quite Frankly a manager who isn't experienced enough but he's villa fan so got the gig?! This could unravel very quickly now

3 points from the last 6 away games is pathetic by any standards. That has to improve dramatically, but it is difficult to see where the next away win is going to come from as after QPR we have Derby, Boro, Baggies, Swansea and Preston. We are too lightweight, easy to play against and predictable plus we will keep conceding poor goals so, adding in some almost as tough home games, I would be surprised if we are within 10 points of the play offs on Jan 1st. I hope that I am wrong, but I can see us in the bottom 6 before Smith has a chance to work a miracle and try building a team that is fit for purpose. I think we will need to score at least 3 on Friday to win.

I was disappointed with the team selection and subs in the game last night, but we all make a mistake once so that’s forgivable.

This is a tough game, we’ve beaten them a couple of times but they’re on a run. I just don’t want to see another slow conservative midfield. Bolasie all day long on the right, sick of the sight of Elmo who doesn’t do a lot going forward and when he gets into a good position hits the first man.

Also, I don’t want to see Whelan sat on our centre backs and picking the ball up at left back. Keep shape in the middle so Grealish can do what we need him to do.

Bruce inherited a mess , he was given no time after getting us to a play off final .
If smith can achieve what Bruce did it will be a brilliant job done