QPR v Aston Villa, Friday 26th Oct. 7:45pm kick off | Page 27 | Vital Football

QPR v Aston Villa, Friday 26th Oct. 7:45pm kick off

Jack can't do everything, yet that seems to be expected of him. He and the team as a whole need a proper style and plan to work to, which Dean Smith is developing. That will lead to giving everybody a chance to improve their game.

QPR was an improvement because for most of the match Jack was playing in a better defined role.

The thing that opens Jack Grealish up to criticism, is that he is listed as an attacking midfielder, a Number 10, a creator and yet, one third of the way through the season, he is credited with one assist, hardly great statistics.
OK against QPR he had 100 touches of the ball with a 95.5% pass success rate but, that could be because he played the ball backwards and sideways 97 times.
I'm not saying thats what he did, I'm pointing out that that is one way of getting high statistics.
Especially when you consider he only made 3 key passes and had one shot.
Hopefully Mr Smith will give Jack a specific job to do, which should stop him playing all over the field between both penalty area's.
Now whether that job is as a deep-lying playmaker or, as a central midfielder doesn't really matter, he would be good in either.
As an attacking midfielder, Number 10, creator, Jack just isn't good enough.
Although he has the ability to get the ball in if given the time, he just doesn't see, or react, to the chances quickly enough to be a decent number 10.

The thing that opens Jack Grealish up to criticism, is that he is listed as an attacking midfielder, a Number 10, a creator and yet, one third of the way through the season, he is credited with one assist, hardly great statistics.
OK against QPR he had 100 touches of the ball with a 95.5% pass success rate but, that could be because he played the ball backwards and sideways 97 times.
I'm not saying thats what he did, I'm pointing out that that is one way of getting high statistics.
Especially when you consider he only made 3 key passes and had one shot.
Hopefully Mr Smith will give Jack a specific job to do, which should stop him playing all over the field between both penalty area's.
Now whether that job is as a deep-lying playmaker or, as a central midfielder doesn't really matter, he would be good in either.
As an attacking midfielder, Number 10, creator, Jack just isn't good enough.
Although he has the ability to get the ball in if given the time, he just doesn't see, or react, to the chances quickly enough to be a decent number 10.

Think assists aren't a good way of measuring what Jack does. He's involved in a lot of goals but it's usually via another player before the scorer. To me that's what a creator does, opens up the play by bringing other players into it.

Think assists aren't a good way of measuring what Jack does. He's involved in a lot of goals but it's usually via another player before the scorer. To me that's what a creator does, opens up the play by bringing other players into it.

seems strange that a 'creative' attacking player shouldn't be judged on assists and goals.
I guess we've a load of 'creators' on the pitch if you just have to be involved somewhere in the play for it to count.
I think it's one corner taken for the 'assist' - not a great return really is it.

I understand what your saying McP but, what I'm saying is an attacking midfielder, number 10, is rated on the number of assists and goals he is directly involved in creating and Jack just doesn't come up to standard.
I would prefer he be listed either as a deep-lying playmaker or, as a central or leftsided midfielder. I added leftsided midfielder because he does seem to drift out there automatically, quite naturally one might say.
By listing him as one or other, it would open up a spot in the squad/team for a more effective number 10. Giving the team a better all around balance, without Jack attracting the negative criticisms he does at present.

Like most of our players he needs to get more on target, 1 from 6 is the problem. Forget gentle curlers and aiming for post, just bloody hit hard well between the sticks. That's all he needs.

He's a good player but still no goals or assists against QPR. Unfortunately if you class yourself as an International/Champions league level player as he does then you need to be scoring goals and setting them up in the second tier. It should be a walk in the park for him at this level if he really is that good.

What the feck is an assist, it's just the bloke who touches it last before someone else scores I believe. nearly every free kick and corner we get is won directly or indirectly because of JG. He starts nearly every move forwards that we do in a game
If people can't see what he does they don't know a fat lot about football, he runs most of our games despite being surrounded by lesser players who tend to stand and watch him.
Jack Grealish and John Mcginn first two names on the team sheet every week plus any 9 from 20 and those 20 are the problem

He is a good player no doubt but he slows a hell of a lot attack moves by holding on to the ball way to long or trying a cut back / trick or looking for a fowl which must really piss off so called lesser players.
Yes he may attract more attention than most in the team because of the 25 million tag but a great player is a great player and for a few of us who no nothing on the round ball game he is good player.

Just read back what I wrote.
Just to confirm I really think he is a good , even a very good player and with a bit of Smith's magic he will become even better but I still agree with the rest I wrote.?

Not red all comments but new it was about Jack from headline....you see people think at times he doesn't do a lot ...how wrong they are....but if you watch the game on tv you will see him do the little things .. carry the ball and play off...a touch here and there etc to keep the play moving....sometimes it's the little things that can win games....good footy brain...right pass at right time....never seen a player at Villa who's balance is brilliant since....maybe Brian Little....maybe a couple after him....George Best to say another... who just glide....brilliant talent . ...he will be superb....still young but he's got both of those players in him....will be a star...massive if he keeps his head right and new guys know that...Terry knows him...Deano knows it too...:stupid::wahey::wahey::wahey:

What the feck is an assist, it's just the bloke who touches it last before someone else scores I believe. nearly every free kick and corner we get is won directly or indirectly because of JG. He starts nearly every move forwards that we do in a game
If people can't see what he does they don't know a fat lot about football, he runs most of our games despite being surrounded by lesser players who tend to stand and watch him.
Jack Grealish and John Mcginn first two names on the team sheet every week plus any 9 from 20 and those 20 are the problem

An assist is, in its simplest form, exactly what you say, the last bloke to touch it before the scorer but, assists are for the most part, passes that free the scorer allowing him to score.
As you say he, JG, starts almost every move in a game but, he is listed as an attacking midfielder, a number 10, an assistant to the forward, so if JG is going so far deep in our own half as to be behind the defensive midfielder/s to pick the ball up, how the hell can he be assisting the forward.
A lot of the standing and watching Jack by other players is actually Jacks own fault. He has, (the word I was going to use here was traditionally), for a long period of his career been a ball-hog, that is very reluctant to pass to a team-mate, hence either losing the ball or, getting fouled.
When players have made little runs into space for a pass from him it has not been forthcoming, meaning they have had to run maybe three or four times as far as they would have, for no outcome because Jack is just to slow in the thinking department or, has played the ball back to a defender or, tried a hollywood pass 50,60 or 70 yards out to the opposite wing.
Watch him when he's running free with the ball, he looks up 3,4 or 5 times, looking for a pass, he very rarely, if ever, sees the space to play the ball into for the runner. This is why, when he gets the ball, any attack we are on slows down to just above walking pace.
Jack Grealish has a great amount of ball skills but, unless he is coached properly, which I seriously doubt has ever been the case, his potential will always be just that, potential.
Don't forget that JG is 23 now time that potential was being realised.

Was so pissed off Friday, QPR looked very poor to me and this should have been a simple win with the players we have got.

We look weak all across the park to me, can concede shit goals ( as we did ) and are just not clinical enough with the final ball / pass.

We are 17th and have 2 wins from 14/15 is it ?

It isn`t good enough and sick of all the hard luck stories if i`m honest.

Friday cost me a fortune for very little in return, i will be working this Friday rather than waste anymore money until these players / staff sort this out, it`s embarrassing.