Preston North End v Aston Villa, Sat 29th Dec 3pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Preston North End v Aston Villa, Sat 29th Dec 3pm

Come on you Villa boys, do it for each and every one of the 6k going up.

Sick of reading about Leeds’ wonderful support when they’re not even the best in the division.

9 players out according to the evening mail. Unfortunately Daniel Johnson isn't one of them as he ran the game when he came at villa park.

Let us hope that we do not take any of these easier series of games lightly. It would be embarrassing if we lost to any of these sides after playing well against almost all the top teams in the league.
I agree that we can't take it easy against Preston or any team from now to the end of the season but disagree regards being embarrassing if we lose to these next few teams because the beauty of this great league is that every team can beat any team.
So many teams are in the mix to go up, which is why it's more exciting for us fans than the prem sky 6 team league.

I agree that we can't take it easy against Preston or any team from now to the end of the season but disagree regards being embarrassing if we lose to these next few teams because the beauty of this great league is that every team can beat any team.
So many teams are in the mix to go up, which is why it's more exciting for us fans than the prem sky 6 team league.

Losing to any of these teams when not playing well is understandable but when you perform as well as we did against the top sides, and then go on to lose against easier to play is indeed embarrassing. Like losing to Qpr and Bolton was last season after hammering the eventual league winner Wolves.

The other teams that we are going to play will not get a better chance than this to beat us as defensively we are really weak and creatively we have shown we are not effective without Jack.

Losing to any of these teams when not playing well is understandable but when you perform as well as we did against the top sides, and then go on to lose against easier to play is indeed embarrassing. Like losing to Qpr and Bolton was last season after hammering the eventual league winner Wolves.

The other teams that we are going to play will not get a better chance than this to beat us as defensively we are really weak and creatively we have shown we are not effective without Jack.

Depends what your barometer of embarassment is.

I never find losing a game of football embarrassing.

However, if I were to soil myself whilst shopping in Tesco I would find that embarrassing*

* I have not soiled myself in Tesco.

......It was Sainsburys :rofl:

But that in itself is the beauty of football.... the fact that any team on any given day can beat another. In this league especially, the lower placed, smaller clubs will park the bus and/or be more “up for it” when facing Aston Villa. We are by far the biggest and best supported club in this division. Hence why these types of games are very often ugly and scrappy, whereas the better teams will often feel they can go toe-to-toe with us, leading to a far more open (and entertaining) match.

I think if you’re going to use the word embarrassing then that should be more aptly applied to matches like a 0-6 home loss to Liverpool or 0-8 at Chelski....

But that in itself is the beauty of football.... the fact that any team on any given day can beat another. In this league especially, the lower placed, smaller clubs will park the bus and/or be more “up for it” when facing Aston Villa. We are by far the biggest and best supported club in this division. Hence why these types of games are very often ugly and scrappy, whereas the better teams will often feel they can go toe-to-toe with us, leading to a far more open (and entertaining) match.

I think if you’re going to use the word embarrassing then that should be more aptly applied to matches like a 0-6 home loss to Liverpool or 0-8 at Chelski....

If i were to compare the two examples i.e.the one given by you above or the one by me, I would say that there is no shame in losing to one of the best clubs in England and also at a time when our performances then were so terrible that we were amongst the most likely to be relegated. However, when we are amongst the best and the biggest club in the league and beating almost all of our promotion chasing rivals with the confidence high, and then to lose to teams we should be beating is certainly embarrassing.

I agree fully with the view that this league is unpredictable which makes it so interesting to watch.

Depends what your barometer of embarassment is.

I never find losing a game of football embarrassing.

However, if I were to soil myself whilst shopping in Tesco I would find that embarrassing*

* I have not soiled myself in Tesco.

......It was Sainsburys :rofl:

What about the times when we got knocked out of cups by lower league clubs, how did that feel?

No denying that soiling yourself is embarrassing and what is worse is if that was at Sainsburys...??

Rarely feel shame at losing. Certainly not at the FA Cup Final against Arsenal; final match of a stressful season, the lads just didn't have it in them.

But when it's a long sequence of miserable results against opposition we should be beating, that can be shaming. Even then it's usually more anger at the manager. Usually.

How did that feel ?.

' Normal' as it happened every season !

That is a credible reply. It was so bad that the first feeling in those cup games was that we would lose than win. I hope we can put an end to the trend with Dean in charge.

Every time we lost it made me angry and embarrassed as I am sure every lower league club must be anticipating a win for them against one of the country's greatest clubs !

well if Hull City can go there and get 3 points then we should more than up to the task. We should thank Preston really cos it was that shambolic performance at VP that Bruce was cabbaged and sacked. Let's go at them from first whistle to last.