Preston North End v Aston Villa, Sat 29th Dec 3pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Preston North End v Aston Villa, Sat 29th Dec 3pm

Deano seems to be keen on getting a settled team and only likes making 1 or 2 changes if any. Cant see too much difference from the Swansea game. Back 4 will be the same again I would think - maybe he will change the wide players around and give Albert and Kodjia starts.

I think he'll bring Albert in but leave Bolasie as even on an off day he's liable to do something. I think he'll bring Thor in as there's no way whelan is starting 3 games in a week. Is O'Hare injured?

Would love to see Bolasie click, he's been very mixed so far though hasn't he?

I think he is just that type of player, I can't see him being this wonderfully consistent player and in fact I think it is this inconsistency which almost aides him at times. Teams know he is dangerous but at times you'll see sides almost not worry about him too much and then he pulls off a move.

He is another Steve Bruce player through and through - might do nothing all game but has that bit of magic to do something.

Let us hope that we do not take any of these easier series of games lightly. It would be embarrassing if we lost to any of these sides after playing well against almost all the top teams in the league.

Bolasie is a bit frustrating. Sometimes I wonder if he's fully fit or just can't be arsed and 5 minutes later he's beat 2 men and has whipped a dangerous cross in. If he was anywhere near consistent he'd be well worth the 30m Everton payed for him.

I’ve always thought of Bolasie as a “match of the day” player, he has quick bursts of skill and other high quality moments which make the highlights reel but the actual overall performance over 90 minutes a bit “meh”. I like him as a player but wish he was a bit more rounded overall

Last time I went here was the debacle under RDM where Westwood basically assisted their opening goal and Jedinak assisted the 2nd.
Then we got soaked at the end walking back to the car.
What a barrel of laughs that day was

Only one type of game now - must win !.

Beat PNE and QPR and we will probably be top 6 by the end if New Years Day which I said when DS took over was target 1.

Surely we have too much, even like yesterday, if we have an off day. Although they do seem a bit of a bogey side.

2 0 win, with Tammy pen n a late Albert goal.

Wish I was going, but it was either this or Wigan, and I picked Wigan

Bolasie is a bit frustrating. Sometimes I wonder if he's fully fit or just can't be arsed and 5 minutes later he's beat 2 men and has whipped a dangerous cross in. If he was anywhere near consistent he'd be well worth the 30m Everton payed for him.
I think it’s just par for the course with most wingers to be honest. Remembering as far back as players like Willie Anderson, Tony Morley, Tony Daley - there are times when they are invisible for large chunks and then they produce a moment of magic to get you off your seat... If the opposing fullback is doing their job they have limited moments to have an effect on a match. It’s the purest 1v1 battle that exists on the pitch. Other players can find alternative spaces to play in, whereas wingers are operating in a limited area of the pitch.

Seems like every man his dog is going up for this! Seen next to no spares being sold for once but lots of people looking, gonna be a good day! Certainly can’t be much worse than when I went up in 2016 in what turned out to be RDM’s last game. We also haven’t lost away since 26th October, great run.

Last edited: