Preston North End v Aston Villa, Sat 29th Dec 3pm | Page 14 | Vital Football

Preston North End v Aston Villa, Sat 29th Dec 3pm

In fairness to DS we don't know precisely what options he did have. Were Barney and Adomah fit and ready to start? Don't know. If they were then both should probably be in, Barney because he does a decent job as DM, Albert because he's effective on the wing but also helps in defence. My guess is that as regards defence he didn't seriously have any other options, short of JT putting his boots on.

It really shows how reliant we are on Jack; he's the channel which keeps passing going.

It's all about opinions isn't it 57. See I don't rate Barney much, think he looked lethergic when he came on against Leeds last week, for me seems to take a while to get used to the pace of the game, missed a sitter today and whilst Conor drives me mad at times you can't argue with the number of assists and goals he scores. Would give Conor the nod over Barney at present but would consider dropping Whelan for Barney on Tuesday. Can't see him picking Whelan for the fourth time in 10days again....even if he was our man of the match today!

I hate Hourihane with a passion and his "assists" are nearly all corners and free kicks so they don't really count in my view even Whelan got one today and he couldn't cross his legs. I really do loathe the con artist, he hides he's weak and he costs us far more goals than he scores but there are no "stats" to show that.
I thought Barney did more in 15 mins today than hourihane did in 90 and yes it was a sitter but he was there to miss it.

It's just bugging me that players with the skills of O'Hare and JDH are not even making the bench and players like the hapless Scott Hogan are. Why do we need 3 centre-forwards on the bench when we only play one up front! Never going to use 3 in one game especially when Tammy has 15 goals

Frustrating the hell out of me but I wanted Deano as manager nearly 2 years ago when Bruce ball was pissing me off beyond belief,
Great to watch again these days the last couple of games excepted.

According to DS. Chester is still carrying the same knee injury he picked up for Wales . Which is part reason why Elphick is back.

Not one fully fit centre back at the club. Absolutely incredible.
I would love to know what the fcuk Bruce was thinking.

Abraham , if only his hold up play was better would be the perfect nr 9. Bolasie & al Ghazi are both luxury players who don't deliver enough and don't help tracking back.
Without doubt we are missing Grealish, but we have to be better than today

According to DS. Chester is still carrying the same knee injury he picked up for Wales . Which is part reason why Elphick is back.

Not one fully fit centre back at the club. Absolutely incredible.
I would love to know what the fcuk Bruce was thinking.

......that despite leaving us unbelievably short at the back we'd 'roll our sleeves up, put on our boots' and still be 'there or thereabouts' come May........

Early last season we ran out of centre forwards and we had to put on an untested youngster in Keinan Davis.... who played a blinder and was first name on the team sheet for weeks after. Why can't we expect the same from revan? Or any of our under 23 defenders? Elphick was blasted and labelled not good enough before, but at least he is a centre back....how bad must Micah Richards be if he's a centre back by the profession at a club that has a centre back crisis, and still not make the bench!

Easy to scapegoat Elmohamady for the goal, but the way that Johnson got in behind was criminal defending, and it could be argued that a decent keeper would’ve cut out the cross. Elmo was chasing back and if he hadn’t put it in, the striker breathing down his neck would have.
Oh and Johnson shouldn’t even have been on the pitch after his two footed linge from behind when the ref bottled it under pressure from their players...

I think there's more to the Micah Richards situation? Has to be ?
Re Elphick, his stats for us this season - 1 game , 1 goal, 1 win
Welcome back tommy

He also had 3 big fuck ups that could have seen a different result with better finishing in that game. I'll give him another chance though

Early last season we ran out of centre forwards and we had to put on an untested youngster in Keinan Davis.... who played a blinder and was first name on the team sheet for weeks after. Why can't we expect the same from revan? Or any of our under 23 defenders? Elphick was blasted and labelled not good enough before, but at least he is a centre back....how bad must Micah Richards be if he's a centre back by the profession at a club that has a centre back crisis, and still not make the bench!

Some people say Richards is finished as his knee is completely knackered. Not so sure myself and think it could be a situation where Billy big bollocks thinks he is too good to run out for us in the Championship. Rodwell had a similar situation at Sunderland from what I can tell

Some people say Richards is finished as his knee is completely knackered. Not so sure myself and think it could be a situation where Billy big bollocks thinks he is too good to run out for us in the Championship. Rodwell had a similar situation at Sunderland from what I can tell
Tis true about his knee.

Also o'hare has been injured and JDH ill so that's probably why they weren't on the bench today.

If it really is as bad as some say then I dont understand why he hasnt retired and we can claim the insurance. If it left him out of pocket then that would make sense, but surely he would get his entire contract paid up as well. Seem to remember us getting a good chunk back when Fashanu was finished by Giggs

Just watched the 2 minutes of highlights on the sky app.

And in that 2 minutes I witnessed defending from the Sunday league. And the midfield being bypassed by quick give and go's.
And the goalkeeper dropping a fairly routine cross (again)

Makes me realise that Smith is performing pretty well with what he has to deal with at the moment in quite a few positions.

That team is crying out for stability at the back. We have to bring in more than Elphick and a new keeper to sort that out.

At least another decent CB and LB are mission critical. Can’t keep conceding and expect to maximise points from games that are their for the taking.

And then Deano has to integrate them quickly...

That team is crying out for stability at the back. We have to bring in more than Elphick and a new keeper to sort that out.

At least another decent CB and LB are mission critical. Can’t keep conceding and expect to maximise points from games that are their for the taking.

And then Deano has to integrate them quickly...

Great point that last one Crimson. Had that exact thought earlier. With these new players coming in (hopefully) we are going to have to be patient I'm afraid as it will take a few matches to get them integrated and up to speed with their new set up. Could be well into Feb before we see the results of their impact.