Premier League Match Thread: Manchester City Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by Steve Cooper's two years | Page 14 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: Manchester City Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by Steve Cooper's two years

Good reports on Dominguez . Anyone else play well ?

Thought Dominguez was fairly anonymous tbf. He managed to get more involved when we went more attacking.

Aina was good.

Impressed by Turner again.

Elanga did alright after coming on.

I wasn't able to watch so hard to comment on performance but before today we had scored in 12 on the trot I think so personally I don't take a blank away at man city to mean we are not playing with confidence in the final third.

We have 7 points after a ridiculous start of away fixtures and now go onto a period of 3 games that will really tell us how we are shaping up against our immediate competitors and how cooper intends to set up against them. Brentford, palace and then Luton. That is a meaningful run of fixtures to start to really get an understanding of us from I think.

I reckon a lot of teams and fans would be quite envious of our position, GD given the set of fixtures we now have behind us.

The other thing is- is MGW droppable?
It is a bit of a conundrum isn't it, his most positive contribution this afternoon was getting their player sent off. He really needs to take more care of the ball when in possession as we are relying on him to pull the strings, and sadly just at the moment he is getting those strings tangled up

Overall not a bad performance. Puzzled as to no Yates and I feel he is the player we miss both with and without the ball. We seem to give it away so cheaply when we finally get possession and I think this is the one aspect that we need to improve on.

Several impressive performances from players today. Dominguez had a positive debut - fitted right in. Did his work very well. I can't remember any mistakes.
I thought mgw was pretty good too. Ok, he is very one-sided and can't shoot but he is always available in space from start to finish, and consistently makes forward passes to the right player. He's very clever, rarely loses the ball despite his positivity, and enables the majority of our attacking threat.

Made one of the best teams in the world sweat on their own turf. No exaggeration to say we could have won that if we’d shown more composure. Just need to click now and grind wins out. Vast progress made from last season. Brentford will be super interesting. If we can get two or three wins on the spin the whole season will look very different

we dominated possession and didn’t give the ball away cheaply after the break and we were only giving it away during the first 25 minutes or so of the game.
Good game overall for me, now let’s push on and start taking a few teams apart.
hard to find a really poor performance out of this whole squad this year.

Made one of the best teams in the world sweat on their own turf. No exaggeration to say we could have won that if we’d shown more composure. Just need to click now and grind wins out. Vast progress made from last season. Brentford will be super interesting. If we can get two or three wins on the spin the whole season will look very different
Looking forward to Brentford. I personally wouldn’t be starting Cho and Elanga in that 433….absolutely have to have 3 cm’s starting imo

They are without a doubt the best football team in the world. Catch them on the wrong day, and there is absolutely nothing any other team in the world can do to get close to them. They are miles ahead of us. I’ve never really seen them have to defend like that, but they showed they are just as good that end of the field. Yes, a couple of our players had a shocker but it doesn’t necessarily mean they are going to be $hit. Yes, we could have looked after the ball abit better the odd time and we got lucky with the red card, but thank fcuk that fixture is done and we only took a 2 goal hit….