PREMIER LEAGUE 2023/24 SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW | Page 622 | Vital Football

PREMIER LEAGUE 2023/24 SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW

Based on my gut instinct and what I've seen Chelsea fans say about him - Odoi could be this season's Lingaard

(He may never have had the talent/potential that people believed he had)

However, I think it's worth the gamble and I hope I'm totally wrong

Based on my gut instinct and what I've seen Chelsea fans say about him - Odoi could be this season's Lingaard

Well we currently dont have a cheer leader and I would imagine he's on less money

Anyone else suffering quite a severe come down this week?

We've gone from having loads to discuss with transfers, the drama and delight of tranfer deadline day, followed immediately by a brilliant win away at Chelsea, to having absolutely no football and no transfer activity and really nothing to discuss. I hate international breaks......
its wonderful, time to reflect and savour the moments, "smell the roses" for a while, not rush life away ;)

I've just watched all the deadline day signing interviews, and I can't fcuking wait for the next match.

I know we can't play them all, but Sangare will obvioucly start, and I'd love to see him in midfield with Dominguez and maybe Yates. Would love to see Murillo get a start too.

I think CHO will change a few minds as well.

lol your usual informed channels of research again I see

I've just watched all the deadline day signing interviews, and I can't fcuking wait for the next match.

I know we can't play them all, but Sangare will obvioucly start, and I'd love to see him in midfield with Dominguez and maybe Yates. Would love to see Murillo get a start too.

i dont think many that minds to change tbh, hes a young lad with talent and potential that we hope can kick on and not suffer with injuries :)

That's the midfield I'd like to see also. Maybe Danilo if he wasn't injured starts until Dominguez settles, but Yates, Sangare, Dominguez/Danilo has strength, tenacity and energy. I really think we may play a 4-3-3 now with the signings made, with the biggest debate on the CB pair, and if Aina plays RB or LB

That's the midfield I'd like to see also. Maybe Danilo if he wasn't injured starts until Dominguez settles, but Yates, Sangare, Dominguez/Danilo has strength, tenacity and energy. I really think we may play a 4-3-3 now with the signings made, with the biggest debate on the CB pair, and if Aina plays RB or LB
Santos is the obvious Danilo replacement and possibly a step ahead of Danilo at this stage, hes the more attacking player generally too

No chance we play a back 4 having got to where we are and competing and with the centre backs (and wingbacks) we have

Key to picking up points is not conceding

Not only are we conceding less with the current setup

We are also scoring more than enough.

If it ain't broke dont fix it Finbar?

Santos is the obvious Danilo replacement and possibly a step ahead of Danilo at this stage, hes the more attacking player generally too
When I saw him play for Chelsea pre season he just sat in front of the defenders and passed the ball around (mainly sideways)

All very simple and not eye catching (thats not a criticism by the way)

Didn't look anything like how danilo plays for us IMO. Who looks more of an athlete and someone to drive forward to me

Santos looked more like Freuler that match I've seen. It's one of them YouTube video which shows every touch he made in the game

But maybe Cooper has different plans for him

When I saw him play for Chelsea pre season he just sat in front of the defenders and passed the ball around (mainly sideways)

All very simple and not eye catching (thats not a criticism by the way)

Didn't look anything like how danilo plays for us IMO. Who looks more of an athlete and someone to drive forward to me

Santos looked more like Freuler that match I've seen. It's one of them YouTube video which shows every touch he made in the game

But maybe Cooper has different plans for him
Danilo plays the holding role naturally, i.e in their brazilian careers Danilo rarely got forward at all but Santos did and regularly scored decent goals from midfield. Danilo may progress into that absolutely but its deffo been the other way in Brazil

I think 433 will give us the opportunity to give MGW a rest. He can be more of an impact sub and alternate the formation.

No chance we play a back 4 having got to where we are and competing and with the centre backs (and wingbacks) we have

Key to picking up points is not conceding

Not only are we conceding less with the current setup

We are also scoring more than enough.

If it ain't broke dont fix it Finbar?
Coopers philosophy is an attacking back 3. I cant imagine him chagning that philosophy iif he has the options/players to play it and we have clearly brought those options in