Pre-Season | Page 7 | Vital Football

Pre-Season

Stacey was hobbling at the end on the game so hopefully he is okay as it will be fisher to start. I'm all for youth but he does look extremely lightweight and was playing Sunday league last season 😁.

What DW said about missing players.

Lungi (Jacob Sørensen) has another groin problems, luckily though it's not bad. We hope that he will be back in training maybe at the end of next week. Christos (Tzolis), I wanted to give 90 minutes today which was not possible in the game here, which is why he played with the Under-21s against Brighton. Max (Aarons) and Milot (Rashica) have to catch up with some further fitness, that's why they were not involved today '

anyone believe him? I don't. For me max and milot were not involved because they will look to be sold and DW doesn't want to playing Infront of players who will be involved this season....it is strange though because DW boss has openly said both of them are to be sold and Delia was flogging aarons.

tzolis I'm not sure on. I think the fact that dw said it wasn't possible to give him the minutes today says alot. Of course he could have given him say 65 minutes but it seems like tzolis isn't in his plans. Springett, Rowe and placheta all got on today and played out wide.

Sorensen has had two injuries already this preseason and DW is expecting him to be able to cover left back, right back, central defence, defensive midfielder .... Wow

Stacey was hobbling at the end on the game so hopefully he is okay as it will be fisher to start. I'm all for youth but he does look extremely lightweight and was playing Sunday league last season 😁.

Fisher was playing for Bromley in the National League last season.
Hardly your pub Sunday league football.

Fisher is more competitive than you think and will certainly put his "foot in" if necessary.

Last edited:
Thanks. So City 2 - Olympiacos 0
Scored 2 and 2 disallowed "goals"

BTW. I thought Rowe looked lively. I wonder what Tzolis has or has not done in order to be playing for the U21s?
Rowe looked very good and his finish was very cool.

All DW said was that others were ahead of him and had done well in training.... Springett and onel worked hard and we love them, Rowe very exciting. Fassnacht is totally different from other winters and adds something else the same with sainz....I think DW just hasn't seen anything special from tzolis.

Fisher was playing for Bromley in the National League last season.
Hardly Sunday league football.

Fisher is more competitive than you think and will certainly put his "foot in" if necessary.
I know hench the smiley face I was being silly. I have said he looks decent but lightweight before. Also, it was only a season ago he was out on loan at a very low level standard of football not Sunday league but close to it.

So Tzolis has dropped down the order. Well he has to compete if he
wants to play for the first team.
Yep. I wanted him to succeed but I can't see it happening. Much like placheta in the past the guys confidence looks shot.

I don't think DF helped him back after that Liverpool game.

The thing is placheta has looked miles better than him since his return and has seen more game time and that says alot .

If we can get some decent money for tzolis then sell

The thing is placheta has looked miles better than him since his return and has seen more game time and that says alot .

I agree Placheta does look better this pre season.

Did Placheta get any game time against Olympiacois?

If he takes over at left back, what does that say about GI. and McCallum?

Southampton lining up a move for Air Rons……his value and standing has plummeted ! I guess that what happens when you are one of NCs losers

I agree Placheta does look better this pre season.

Did Placheta get any game time against Olympiacois?

If he takes over at left back, what does that say about GI. and McCallum?
Yep, Placheta came on in the Olympiacos game. Played 30 minutes at left back again.

Like we say it shouts 'the two left backs I have are shit.' if he is playing an attacking winger at left back. On Saturday he played McCallum in the central defence role for 20 minutes....again that to me is a worry because DW has said that he is more than happy with his central defence options having Omobamidele, Gibson and Duffy with young Warner there to provide cover. He then continued to say that he will give game time to Warner to see what he has to offer and give him minutes to prepare for the season.......then puts him in the U21 game and has McCallum play in central defence for 20 minutes ---- Surely 20 minutes against a good side like Olympiacos is better than 90 against a u21/u18 mix Brighton side? It just screams already 'I am not sure about the squad depth and one or two injuries and we will be playing players out of position just like I was complaining about last season.' Bloody Norwich city.