Pre Season | Page 5 | Vital Football

Pre Season

Bloody hell, that is a surprise a friendly with Forest coming off! Next you'll be telling me we have signed Morton and Palmer for the season,

A number of the bigger clubs have been keeping selected pre-season matches totally under wraps, and I suspect it is because they have been fielding their first teams before they are really ready to play a fixture - unofficial pre-season friendlies, if you like. Hull have been doing the same thing. The late finish to last season perhaps supports that theory, and there is no other reason I can think of why Lincoln would have kept match details private - they never have done before. I suspect the Leicester XI was actually their first team squad with a few additions, likewise Forest.

So long as we didn't pick up any injuries and the players got some more game time in their legs, I really don't need to know the result for this

The 17 year old is scoring now as well as impressing at left back. And apparently he is a cb. looks like he has had a great pre-season, wonder where he ranks when the serious stuff starts, because we have no u23 team, and he should be getting game time somehow for his development. It is in the club‘s interest, as well as the player’s

Melbourne might have a small knock according to MA. Put Roughan in from the start on Saturday. Every chance he'll make that left back position his own before moving to the centre in a few seasons time. Our own Maldini

Already seems as though Roughan should have his contract extended !
Could prove a great prospect. Should get plenty of games for Ireland too, at least at U21 level for now.

Good to see Roughan score and the not so invisible named man!
. "trialist believed to be.. '. ie copied from 'excellent sleuthing' on Vitals as opposed to doing some real legwork journalism or robust questioning to the club.

I see on that page LL had a poll on where the Imps would finish. The results suggest 12-14th. Where have I heard that before !?